Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    This is a very short-viewd calculation your doing there. You totally forgot about the carrier thing with cdma phones - they have to be priced totally different. There is no "sell and forget" like it's done with the GSM units.
    +1 for Verizon, I got a pre2 for $49 but would love to use my gladly use my upgrade to get the pre3
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihatsu View Post
    This is a very short-viewd calculation your doing there. You totally forgot about the carrier thing with cdma phones - they have to be priced totally different. There is no "sell and forget" like it's done with the GSM units.
    True, Like I said , it was just a thought. I am throwing numbers too. However regarding CDMA, its is "sell and forget" depending on what phone you are using. I can give you an example, I can still activate and use my almost four year old Treo 800W. As long as it was activated before Sprint has no problems looking up the ESN.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    +1

I'll be the first in line...
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihatsu View Post
    If you look at this at a higher level it can play out nicely. The fact is that there are potential webOS phone users who fall between

Absolute newbies who purchased TP on firesale
    Long time loyals
    Those who jumped the ship to Android and want to comeback.
    Those who are sitting on the bench to buy a new phone or change platform.

I don't know how many of the above exists. But HP knows it.

All HP has to do is to look at their PALM Profile base. They can mine the data with reports on

No of profiles/carrier
    No of Touchpad only profiles
    No of non active profiles.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    If you already have an account with Sprint or Verizon, can't you activate the phone yourself? I manually activated my Epic 4G when I switched over from my dying Pre-. (I got the Epic from Wirefly, and it did not arrive activated as promised...)

-X
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    If you look at this at a higher level it can play out nicely. The fact is that there are potential webOS phone users who fall between

Absolute newbies who purchased TP on firesale
    Long time loyals
    Those who jumped the ship to Android and want to comeback.
    Those who are sitting on the bench to buy a new phone or change platform.
    You forgot:

Those who lust webOS, who purchased a TP, and now want a Pre 3 as their backup/secondary smartphone for using alongside another smartphone.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebec01 View Post
    If you already have an account with Sprint or Verizon, can't you activate the phone yourself? I manually activated my Epic 4G when I switched over from my dying Pre-. (I got the Epic from Wirefly, and it did not arrive activated as promised...)

-X
    yup there is that internet activation.
    As long as Sprint is fine with the ESN numbers ( which means HP has to test it on Sprint. Which means Sprint has to agree ) there is no reason for HP to not sell it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12