Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know this has been discussed in a different thread but I forget which one. So I ordered from Handtec at 10:00am EST (US). My order was CANCELLED by Google Checkout because my credit card company thought it was fraud. Unfortunately I didn't have access to the phone to tell them it wasn't fraud as I was in meetings until around ~12 noon. My credit card did not get charged for this order and handtec said they couldn't not reinstate the order so I had to order again.

I then reordered around 1:00pm as a "preorder", in which handtec the process of "fraud" started over again. Luckily I was able to answer the call and have the order go through. However, they charged my credit card instaed of putting a hold on the credit card.

So my question is this: If they don't get a Pre 3 for me will they refund me? I can't imagine they won't but I also can't believe they actually charged my credit card for a PREORDER. Or perhaps this isn't a preorder but an actual order? Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Handtec are a reputable company. If you dont get a Pre3, then you will get a refund. If not, your credit card will refund, but it wont come to that!!
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Only cancel your order via Email , you will get full refund.. that's what handtec told people on their Twitter.

Don't worry!

check here
    I also ordered through Handtec yesterday and they charged my Paypal account. Seems like that is policy but they are a reliable company so I am not concerned. The only things I am unsure of is when it will be shipped and how they will manage the refund.
    Everyone is waiting for HP....
    My Pre 3 is in the mail already (from Handtec) and I still expect that they will make good on the price difference if they are given a go ahead by HP. And if not, I want the phone anyway to go with my touchpad and new need for reading glasses. Some days I just can't make out the letters on my pre plus and the very slight increase in real estate makes a difference.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    I also ordered through Handtec yesterday and they charged my Paypal account. Seems like that is policy but they are a reliable company so I am not concerned. The only things I am unsure of is when it will be shipped and how they will manage the refund.
    I'm assuming they will issue a refund via the method you paid them.
    I ordered through Handtec at full price yesterday on the phone and was told there was stock in their own warehouse ready to ship. Also got email confirmation. Just called them, and was told there must have been a mistake and they have no stock and my order was unlikely to be fulfilled.
    that's disappointing i also ordered yesterday morning. I also noticed they have removed the pre 3 from their website.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    They removed the pre3 listing because they are not sure if they are getting anymore from HP... and their site was getting hammered.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    @handtec: RE Pre3 & Touchpad No updates from Distribution - worst case scenario we refund all orders - hoping for a better outcome

What I see is that with all the preorders lined up, HP is trying to minimize loses and make retailers and the Palm Eurostore to ship at full price. Some folks that are eager to get their Pre3 and Touchpads will bite and don't send back.

But, IF, and that's a BIG IF, try to pull one like this, they are gonna have to deal with massive returns to the resellers that will eventually end up in their hands and they would have to do a firesale one way or another, unless they decide to scrap the inventory (highly unlikely).

HP, move your behind FFS!
    Handtec don't have any Pre 3 stock anymore. Stock available on distributor which they hold because no price update till now. So even handtec still want to sell Pre 3 at full price it won't happen too, because they don't have stock anyway.

Handtec decision to refund all Pre 3 order but still keep our order queue. So I think that the best they can do right now, and I can accept that. As long as if firesale happen tomorrow or later, my order will be processed.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I just got my refund (thanks paypal!). Hopefully we'll know something soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by SithToast View Post
    I just got my refund (thanks paypal!). Hopefully we'll know something soon!
    Probably should be "Thanks Handtec". They have no stock and are refunding payments whilst retaining order position in the queue while awaiting information about supply and price from HP.
    I must say that I'm happy with how Handtec has handled the situation. Bouquets to them.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I agree its definitley dissapointing but its very resposible of them.
    as an early adopter of teh touchpad even then i was phoned by my bank the following day to ask if i had ordered such an item.

Obviously back then tho it cost a fair chunk of cash but still theres argument B, if it was fraud and the bank just let it slip we'd ofc be more peeved.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    I agree its definitley dissapointing but its very resposible of them.
    Yes I know but how about you leave it pending for more than 20 minutes until I can get to the phone and call you back??
    What is it with all the jumping thru hoops, to order something from Handtec. This is in reference to the "Bank Authorisation Code" they now want me to provide for verification. Only problem is, my bank states that there is no such thing, that is not until there is an actual charge from the merchant and not the temporary authorization placed by Handtec. So now what am I supposed to do? My order is in limbo now due to this. What is the point of the Visa verification process if the merchant is still going to not respect it?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Foxconn which is Pre3 's manufacture (CM) has been pending to product another phone .
    That means Pre3 's total Qty is limited.
    If you really want a Pre3,no matter the price match or not, you should catch the chance.
    Unfortunately there is little chance of getting a Pre 3 anymore, atleast thru Handtec that is. Handtec just tweeted the following:
    "ok - seems like bad news HP pulling stock out from from Distribution"
    "understand going to networks so not available on sim free basis"
    "our buyers are still working on #touchpad and making last ditch efforts on #pre3 - were working hard to secure but uphill struggle at the mo"
    "I dont think you will see it directly from tmobile orange etc - but retailers selling them on contracts"

I also called Handtec regarding my order and they stated that it now stands cancelled due to no stock and also little possibility of getting any new stock.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast