1.    #1  
    I bought my Pre 3 yesterday morning from Palm's eurostore UK for 299, I have an order number and invoice and have had the follow up email from customer services regarding the upcoming 99 price drop and waiting for shipping etc...

But I have heard nothing since. Anyone else heard anything? From trawling the forums, I can't seem to see much
    I received the order confirmation but have not had a follow up e-mail so you're doing better than me. Thanks, now I'm worried!
  3.    #3  
    Well I think the email was from customer services when I separately asked them (via the contact form) if my order had been taken. Before I got that however, the invoice and order number arrived. In reality it sounds to me like you and I have received the same amount of info/updates so I wouldn't worry!

Seems the case with other posters as far as I can tell too, but just wanted to see if anyone had got a shipping email or any other updates about the cost. Palm have taken the 299 from my account (it went straight away).
    Well at least our money is protected as long as palm eurostore don't go in to liquidation.
    Same here, Mark.

Palm Eurostore took my money this morning and told via Twitter that they will make an announcement on friday whether they will reduce prices and/or put some accessories on top of my order (whatever that means).
  6.    #6  
    Oh no...I was hoping to have it by the weekend! Sounds like there's a possibility I'll be lucky to get anything at all at this rate
    I just got the following, further to an order with the eurostore yesterday morning:

Please be advised that HP are planning to announce a price reduction for
    Palm Pre 3 today or tomorrow. We are holding off all shipments to enable us
    to pass that price reduction on to you. The price reduction is very
    significant ( over 60% saving ) and the new price will be around 100.
    We expect to get the clearance on the price today and will ship units
    tomorrow for delivery by the end of the week. Also the price difference
    will be refunded accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by morgmel View Post
    I just got the following, further to an order with the eurostore yesterday morning:

Please be advised that HP are planning to announce a price reduction for
    Palm Pre 3 today or tomorrow. We are holding off all shipments to enable us
    to pass that price reduction on to you. The price reduction is very
    significant ( over 60% saving ) and the new price will be around 100.
    We expect to get the clearance on the price today and will ship units
    tomorrow for delivery by the end of the week. Also the price difference
    will be refunded accordingly.
    Not had that order email. Although i did order yesterday morning. So am guessing, they are slowly making the rounds.
    Last edited by raven3k; 08/24/2011 at 08:52 AM.
  9.    #9  
    Yeah that's the same that I got, but only in response to the message I sent to them on the contact form quoting my origial order number.

Also, strangely, my invoice and confirmation email order number are different to the one I recoeved on screen originally, has anyone else had this? I'd give them a call but I don't hold much hope in getting through (yesterday all I got was an eventual voice recording inviting me to leave a message, from which I still haven't had a call back)
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-dj View Post
    Yeah that's the same that I got, but only in response to the message I sent to them on the contact form quoting my origial order number.

Also, strangely, my invoice and confirmation email order number are different to the one I recoeved on screen originally, has anyone else had this? I'd give them a call but I don't hold much hope in getting through (yesterday all I got was an eventual voice recording inviting me to leave a message, from which I still haven't had a call back)
    look on the PDF invoice and the one from the palm store is the 'sales channel order id'
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilt View Post
    look on the PDF invoice and the one from the palm store is the 'sales channel order id'
    Oh thanks, that makes sense then.

Just tried to sign up to the Eurostore website to check my order...but it doesn't work 'cause I ordered the Pre 3 anonymously. Gah!
    I got my Pre3 last Friday and have emailed them regarding the potential price drop and have had a response telling me to go straight to HP. If they do not give me a refund of the difference I'll be very annoyed.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I have a confirmation email with attached pdf that says payment method "realex account (credit card payments)"
    However my card doesn't appear to have been charged (At least not shown up on online banking), has this happened to anyone else? Should i be worried?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Anyone else get the feeling they're having second thoughts about huge discounts. Maybe they think they can use the UK hp stock to claw back some losses.

Either way I'm still glad I ordered
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyg View Post
    Anyone else get the feeling they're having second thoughts about huge discounts. Maybe they think they can use the UK hp stock to claw back some losses.

Either way I'm still glad I ordered
    I'm glad I've ordered (and wish I'd had the funds to pre-emptively order a TP too), but if I don't get a discount it's going back (assuming I ever get one)...much as I would like to replace my old Pre minus, I had moved on and now use an Android handset that lasts longer than 3 hours. I really can't justify 300 on a Pre 3, much as I would love to get back on webOS!

Someone else posted earlier though that they may be trying to agree with HP to bundle in accessories to make it 100...that way they can get rid of accessory stock and ensure they make more than the 46 discount price that has been floating about the internet. I've been assuming that the aim right now is to make as much raw cash (despite actual losses) as they can while simultaneously liquidating as much stock as they can (which is the definition of a fire sale really).

Anyway, I hope the latter is the case. Not that they should really care but the communication has been pretty appalling since I bought it, not to mention confusing.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    How to lose friends and alienate people 101
    Quote Originally Posted by ukdoc View Post
    I have a confirmation email with attached pdf that says payment method "realex account (credit card payments)"
    However my card doesn't appear to have been charged (At least not shown up on online banking), has this happened to anyone else? Should i be worried?
    I've got the same and no money taken - ordered mine on monday.