Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have a question as to the palm eurostore. I tried to call them to get an answer, but all lines are busy for the last couple of days (I wonder why )...
    If they bill my credit card, does this mean that they have "confirmed" the order? Or is the shipment already on its way? Because I have not yet received a shipping confirmation...

Thanks

PB1612
    Flinx likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    If they bill my credit card, does this mean that they have "confirmed" the order? Or is the shipment already on its way? Because I have not yet received a shipping confirmation...
    Same here.

I think its most likley that they have a Pre3 for us in stock. I got a proper PDF order confirmation on monday (but no shipping date) and they billed my CC this morning (with 367). Beyond that it's still unknown if we get a refund in order to match the firesale price respectivly get a refund and accessories on top. Glad we have a money back guarantee by the EU law in case...

Palm Eurostore is hard to reach at the moment (although they are obviously still out of stock) but it seems that there is no new information on the matter.
    PatBateman likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Haha, EXACTLY the same here. I too got an PDF order confirmation. I also spoke with a very friendly Rep at the Eurostore (I think she is the only one), who promised me to call me today... Also, they wrote me and told me that they will change the price of the Pre3 to match the recent price drops. All current orders will be changed respectively...
    Flinx likes this.
    I pre-ordered in early July, but they didn't bill my credit card until they were ready to ship last week. I'm also finding that they're becoming easier to contact by phone (I've been calling to ask about availability of spare batteries - none yet!)
  5.    #5  
    Under what number do you call them? I use 01801-001119 ...
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Currently on the euro store website
    We have temporarily stopped taking orders against this SKU. A price reduction is expected to be announced in the next 12 to 24 hours. This price reduction will apply to a Pre 3 Bundle which will include a number of accessories. This is a limited time offer while stocks last. This page will be updated when products and price for the bundle is confirmed. Orders already received for a Pre 3 and not yet shipped will be automatically amended and processed as the new bundle SKU.

I ordered mine yesterday ^_^
    Flinx likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Cool! Ordered mine on the 22nd ! Still wonder why they debited my credit cart though...
    Last edited by PatBateman; 08/24/2011 at 04:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by evankwh View Post
    This price reduction will apply to a Pre 3 Bundle which will include a number of accessories. This is a limited time offer while stocks last. This page will be updated when products and price for the bundle is confirmed. Orders already received for a Pre 3 and not yet shipped will be automatically amended and processed as the new bundle SKU.
    Interesting news. I'm very curious what the new bundle price will be.
    I'm using 0845 0900265 (from the UK).
    A few minutes ago on Twitter:
    Disappointing news from HP to it's resellers wrt #Pre3 - no agreement on special bundle pricing until Friday at earliest.
    On the other thread AbstractPhoenix reported:
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstractPhoenix View Post
    Latest Update on Palm Eurostore:

"Update Wed 24th 10am : Sorry, No stock will be available for order for the remainder of this week Next Update: Fri 26th 10am. Customer Service staff will not have any further information - it will be communicated directly here on this page."
    For me that means no shipping and no new prices this week :-(
  11.    #11  
    Bad news ... on the site however they say they won't charge the credit card before the product ships... *confused*
    Disappointing news from HP to it's resellers wrt #Pre3 - no agreement on special bundle pricing until Friday at earliest.
    I have to add that the Twitter quote is from Patrick Sherlock who is the director of Luzern Solutions in Ireland, the company who runs the Palm Eurostore. So it seems official.
    strange, I got the following 20 minutes ago further to an order with the eurostore yesterday. delayed email perhaps.

Please be advised that HP are planning to announce a price reduction for
    Palm Pre 3 today or tomorrow. We are holding off all shipments to enable us
    to pass that price reduction on to you. The price reduction is very
    significant ( over 60% saving ) and the new price will be around 100.
    We expect to get the clearance on the price today and will ship units
    tomorrow for delivery by the end of the week. Also the price difference
    will be refunded accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    I have to add that the Twitter quote is from Patrick Sherlock who is the director of Luzern Solutions in Ireland, the company who runs the Palm Eurostore. So it seems official.
    Specifically mentions the pre bundle pricing.

They probably are trying to get HP to agree with allowing accessories with the phone at a price drop rate.

Add to that the eurostore would have to sell it for even lower price if they do phone only.

Dont really see what the delay from HP is all about?
    I must admit this is getting to a ridiculous stage now,it seemed so simple in the us and germany. Hp sold the majority of the stock from their website and there was not any issues with the price whatsoever.So we begin the farce of the uk firesale ref the pre 3 anyway,no real word whatsoever from hp just customers paying full price for a handset that may or may not be in stock and waiting for a refund a frankly ridiculous state of affairs.

If hp cannot supply the handsets then say so,if they have all been sold to their employees good luck to them but their should be some directive not to sell them on ebay for a small fortune.The uk retailers and some stores in particular have communicated with their customers and the frustration of waiting for a price reduction from hp but honestly what is the delay.

I am sure also a number of employees of these companies have been nabbing all the free stock for themselves and you probably cannot blame them if they have but at least be honest with people and not let us wait around for days to find out by sending a cancellation email. We all want a fair chance of getting the pre 3 but after a few days now this is wearing pretty thin to say the least.
    As non-native speaker, can i sum up things and u guys correct me if understood wrong?!

To all of us who ordered the pre3 yesterday or earlier - there is no decision about the final price yet and won't be until friday. Plus their is neither any decision about a possible bundle because - seems like - hp hasnt given any clear commands yet. right?

And until there is no decision about price there neither shipping will start, nor new orders we be able to be placed.

Am i correct so far?
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Yes cecess that is the case so far
    Correct, in the Palm Eurostore case, they decided to hold the shipping until HP confirms the new pricing.

Palm Eurostore knowning that people would only buy a phone and not think about accessories. So, they started telling customers that it would be a bundle (which is what i got told).

Now what we have is Palm eurostore trying to get hp to give the okay to cover the cost of the phone but also cover the cost of the acccesories that they would bundle.

In this sense they would get rid of stock of all items.

So as of now we are just waiting for HP to give the go ahead.
    Alright, thank u guys!
    I guess i'll read in here if there is any development. At least i gonna tell if i hear anything.
    Just now (1:34 pm New York time) on Palm Eurostore:

HP Pre 3 Sim Free QWERTY 8GB - Palm Accessories

OUT OF STOCK!
    Update Wed 24th 10am : Sorry, No stock will be available for order for the remainder of this week Next Update: Fri 26th 10am. Customer Service staff will not have any further information - it will be communicated directly here on this page.
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast