Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 223
Like Tree12Likes
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ac0n View Post
    I am waiting. I hope they are waiting my response when they say @full price
    Still got no call, but I have instructed my wife to cancel the order if they call and offer the regular price.
  2. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    #122  
    At 299. They are now looking at a flop on their hands. Idiots.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  3.    #123  
    Did anyone from the German lads manage to get someone on the phone during the last days? It is easier to ring the pope himself as it seems...
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    Did anyone from the German lads manage to get someone on the phone during the last days? It is easier to ring the pope himself as it seems...
    I didn't try. After all they explicitly told us not to call 'cause their customer service won't tell us nothing anyway.

    Pat, are you planning to accept the regular price?
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    I didn't try. After all they explicitly told us not to call 'cause their customer service won't tell us nothing anyway.

    Pat, are you planning to accept the regular price?
    Woops, I just read that today on their UK site - on the German site I frequently visited there was no mention whatsoever. In the meantime, a sales rep from the eurostore just called me and offered me the Pre3 without Price reduction. And come on guys, we are all webOS addicts - I had to say yes. So I should get my hands on the phone on Tuesday. Also, she informed me that they only have 200 (!) phones available.
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    At 299. They are now looking at a flop on their hands. Idiots.
    That is assuming that everyone that ordered one or more units will reject the offer @ full price. But you have no idea how much stock they have, nor how many units were ordered. They may have so little stock that even if 80% of the orders is rejected they still sell out.

    You can bet they read this forum, maybe just as intensive as some of us, and they know that many people wil buy at the full price.

    If they sell half their stock at full price they still collect more money then selling the full stock at 60% off, especially when taking the now non-included extra's into account.

    And if they sell only half, who is stopping them for doing some kind of fire sale with the remainder, for a special price that is somewhere between the GBP 69 of the HP site and their current GBP 299 ?

    Only time will tell...
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    ...
    In the meantime, a sales rep from the eurostore just called me and offered me the Pre3 without Price reduction. And come on guys, we are all webOS addicts - I had to say yes. So I should get my hands on the phone on Tuesday. Also, she informed me that they only have 200 (!) phones available.
    Congrats! And a confirmation on my previous reply to ReMist - people will pay full price (I knew, because I will *if* I get the call ...)

    Pat, can you confirm when you ordered, and in what country you are located?
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    And come on guys, we are all webOS addicts - I had to say yes. So I should get my hands on the phone on Tuesday. Also, she informed me that they only have 200 (!) phones available.
    Well then congratulations, Pat!

    For me this is too expensive at the moment. I bought my Pre+ just 6 months ago (for €160), and 2 weeks ago I bought an additional battery for it. I would have gone as high as €199, although I know that a new phone like the Pre3 have to be more expensive than this (under regular circumstances). I think my personal demand isn't high enough.

    I'm very confindent that my Pre3 will go to a person who needs it more than me :-)
  9. #129  
    I don't doubt some people will pay full price, but Maybe someone should do a poll because I doubt it will be many... After all, if you would pay full price then why didn't you before now?
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofbeans View Post
    I don't doubt some people will pay full price, but Maybe someone should do a poll because I doubt it will be many... After all, if you would pay full price then why didn't you before now?
    As I am not in an official WebOS country (and do not want a QWERTZ or AZERTY kb), my options for getting a Pre3 were limited. UK and IE seemed the best options.

    I submitted an order @ Eurostore for the full price last week Tuesday, after they were "released" for sale by HP. But I canceled that order after Thursday's announcement from HP, and the promises of a fire sale.

    When the stock for the Pre3's seemed to be limited, I ordered again (last Tuesday). That order was for the full price, but one can hope to get the discount and/or the extra's...

    By now supply and demand seem to push me to accept the full price, as waiting and optionally buying through eBay would be just as dear and with much more risk.
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofbeans View Post
    After all, if you would pay full price then why didn't you before now?
    Exactly. When I heared, that the Pre3 will come out for just 349,- (instead of ~500 which has been expected), I thought, it would have a street price of around 200-250 at the beginnig of next year. For that price I would have considered buying it. But that was before HP cancelled everthing.
  12.    #132  
    @grotevoet: Thanks! I ordered on early Monday from eurostore/ Germany!

    @ Flinx: I had to think twice about it, as well. What drove me to accept it, is however the fact, that I will get a refund for my Touchpad, plus the Pre3 was estimated to me way more expensive when it was introduced (weak arguments, I know). Plus, I can still sell it here on the marketplace if it does not suit my needs. I treat my phones very well and I have no problem on taking a financial loss, because I know the phone will be in very good hands here. Also, there might be still a refund from the Eurostore if HP gives it a go. The sales rep said that it is still all hazy and foggy at the moment!
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
  13. d3ac0n's Avatar
    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofbeans View Post
    I don't doubt some people will pay full price, but Maybe someone should do a poll because I doubt it will be many... After all, if you would pay full price then why didn't you before now?
    Done

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...eurostore.html
  14. #134  
    Seriously? If you would have bought at full price, why didn't you sooner? And doesn't the way HP messed us aroung annoy anyone else enough to put them off buying, even if they might otherwise have at 300?
  15. uptherams's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofbeans View Post
    Seriously? If you would have bought at full price, why didn't you sooner?
    As far as I was aware, it only became available in the UK on Wednesday night (last week) and then HP announced the bad news on Thursday night... that didn't leave too much opportunity to buy it sooner!
    WinstonSmith likes this.
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    @ Flinx: I had to think twice about it, as well. What drove me to accept it, is however the fact, that I will get a refund for my Touchpad, plus the Pre3 was estimated to me way more expensive when it was introduced (weak arguments, I know). Plus, I can still sell it here on the marketplace if it does not suit my needs. I treat my phones very well and I have no problem on taking a financial loss, because I know the phone will be in very good hands here. Also, there might be still a refund from the Eurostore if HP gives it a go. The sales rep said that it is still all hazy and foggy at the moment!
    There is a little red devil on my right shoulder whispering in my ear: "Buy it, buy it anyway!".
  17. #137  
    Hm, another employee called me again and said the same like they've told me this morning. I thought that they had new information about a price cut, but nothing happened.
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by UpTheRams View Post
    As far as I was aware, it only became available in the UK on Wednesday night (last week) and then HP announced the bad news on Thursday night... that didn't leave too much opportunity to buy it sooner!
    True.. but the bad news hasn't affected the price at which some people seem to value the phone.
  19. #139  
    I just got my call. I've accepted it but only because I'm selling it to Rod/WebOS Internals guys.

    Its a real shame as I really wanted one and already had one ordered from Play.com before the announcement. Now, knowing that WebOS is dead or at least on its last legs, no guarantees of updates to the Pre3 or even getting apps updated to work on it I can't justify 300 for it. and to think before the announcement I thought 300 was a steal for it!

    I feel like HP has pushed me to an iPhone.
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by benssson View Post
    I just got my call. I've accepted it but only because I'm selling it to Rod/WebOS Internals guys.

    Its a real shame as I really wanted one and already had one ordered from Play.com before the announcement. Now, knowing that WebOS is dead or at least on its last legs, no guarantees of updates to the Pre3 or even getting apps updated to work on it I can't justify 300 for it. and to think before the announcement I thought 300 was a steal for it!

    I feel like HP has pushed me to an iPhone.
    Are you from Germany or are they also calling people from other countries?

Posting Permissions