Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    Is it a high price? Or is it only high in light of the Touchpad fire sale? When the Pre3 was announced at 299 I thought it was a reasonable price. That stiil stands when you compare it to the competition (Android/iPhone).
    IMHO it is in light of the german firesale (79) and considering the fact that there may be no software updates and new (native) pre3 apps from next year on. I don't know if the news hardware ist good compared with my Pre+ (which I would only characterize as average). But I doubt that the Pre3 will stand against the latest smartphone generation (i.e. Galaxy S 2 or iPhone5 which surely will come out in a fews weeks).
    PatBateman likes this.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I ordered My Pre3 from Eurostore on September 17.

I just hang up the phone after talking to customer support that told me they will ship my phone today but HP told them the original price stays and there are no bundles of accessories coming.

Also asked about the TP but there will be no more stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (Sorry - waiting for TouchPad with 3G....hmm...guess NOT!)

---------------------------------------
    Unlocked German O2 Pre- with 2.1.0 and UberKernal
    Bought and activated in Germany by the O2 store
    Manually entered CarrierNetworkSettings for 3 Sweden carrier in 2.1.0 phone preferences (finally working in 2.1.0)
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    Pre3 on order from Eurostore

WebOS news from http://webosblog.eu - http://precentral.net - http://webos-blog.de
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
    if people send enough tweet's to @hpuk, we may get an answer from them.

HPUK's official tweet's have been telling customers to keep touchpad receipts with them (for those who bought from 1st July to 19th August).
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by raven3k View Post
    if people send enough tweet's to @hpuk, we may get an answer from them.

HPUK's official tweet's have been telling customers to keep touchpad receipts with them (for those who bought from 1st July to 19th August).
    Same in Germany via HP-Germany's FaceBook profile!
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
    Quote Originally Posted by raven3k View Post
    @Winston You ordered from the German store right?
    Incorrect. I ordered from Palm Eurostore, UK version on Tuesday 17th at 299.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    IMHO it is in light of the german firesale (79) and considering the fact that there may be no software updates and new (native) pre3 apps from next year on. I don't know if the news hardware ist good compared with my Pre+ (which I would only characterize as average). But I doubt that the Pre3 will stand against the latest smartphone generation (i.e. Galaxy S 2 or iPhone5 which surely will come out in a fews weeks).
    Define 'stand'? You mean big numbers, right? x GHz, xxMB RAM?

Who cares about all that? I just want a phone that suits my needs. I don't need a 3D screen or the latest CPU. I want a stable, easy to use phone which combines a big screen for mobile internet with a QWERTY keyboard for ease of use. The Pre 3 meets those criteria, so I'm not bothered if Android 4.0 makes me a cup of tea, or if the SGS3 has a 500GHz 8 core chip.
    Incorrect. I ordered from Palm Eurostore, UK version on Tuesday 17th at 299.
    Kool, i am awaiting my call.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I want a stable, easy to use phone which combines a big screen for mobile internet with a QWERTY keyboard for ease of use.
    I also want exactly this... What troubles me is: how stable will the phone be? Will any bugs be sorted out? Will patches be developed for the Pre 3 (as the Pre 2 is like a different phone without patches)?
    Define 'stand'? You mean big numbers, right? x GHz, xxMB RAM?

Who cares about all that? I just want a phone that suits my needs. I don't need a 3D screen or the latest CPU. I want a stable, easy to use phone which combines a big screen for mobile internet with a QWERTY keyboard for ease of use. The Pre 3 meets those criteria, so I'm not bothered if Android 4.0 makes me a cup of tea, or if the SGS3 has a 500GHz 8 core chip.
    No Winston, the Pre3 doesn't stand against the Galaxy s2 and probably wont against the iphone 5 for many reasons. Yes Ghz... because how quickly and responsively things load is important. Yes Ram because multitasking is useful and this is an important part of it... but also battery life, screen quality (contrast, black level, brightness, resolution etc), call quality etc which may not be important to you but would be important to nearly everyone else.
    PatBateman and Flinx like this.
  10.    #110  
    Well, I guess that each and everyone of those who are lucky enough to get their hands on a Pre3 have to make their own decision. I use an iPhone4 (and used every of its predecessors) but it is far from being the "ideal" phone for me. Hence I constantly search for alternatives. But so far, I did not find any. So my hopes are on the Pre3 . But let's try and not to let this topic become one of the trillions of Pre3 vs SGSII vs iPhone discussions.
    Did any more of you lads get a call from the Eurostore? I sit here with the bloody iPhone in my hand and carefully try not to touch the antenna so I don't miss their call...
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
    Quote Originally Posted by UpTheRams View Post
    I also want exactly this... What troubles me is: how stable will the phone be? Will any bugs be sorted out? Will patches be developed for the Pre 3 (as the Pre 2 is like a different phone without patches)?
    Some of us (myself included) have had our Pre3's over a week now and let me assure you that it is perfectly stable!
    I'm also very confident that given half a chance, after all its only been a week, the good folks at webOS Internals will start to make patches available for the Pre3

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    PatBateman likes this.
    Don't get me wrong. I have just sold a galaxy s2 specifically to get a pre 3! The physical keyboard and WebOS make it the best phone for me and I can live with its shortcomings. BUT, at 300 with WebOS still having a future it was a decent price. It probably won't, however, have been decent enough to get a great deal of buyers. With webOS being more uncertain then it's fair to place more importance on the hardware and unfortunately it isn't as good as the galaxy.
    Flinx likes this.
    I have not got a call @ Pat.. but im not sure anyway if i gave them my number.
  14. pml
    I have 2 orders running at Eurostore. Didn't get any call from them so far.
    All I know is, that I wouldn't want to buy _both_ for this price.

But as it seems, that the Pre3 is really hard to obtain these days and many people have no chance to get one, here is my question:

Is anyone of you interested in buying one of them? I'm not interested in any profit from this transfer, as I feel HP has tricked us badly and I won't follow their behavior.
    I'm paying €362.42 including shipping to Germany. If you pay me this money + the shipping to you, I would be fine. A small tip for my efforts would be up to you ;-)

Please be quick, as I want to be prepared for Eurostore calling me...
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofbeans View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I have just sold a galaxy s2 specifically to get a pre 3! The physical keyboard and WebOS make it the best phone for me and I can live with its shortcomings. BUT, at 300 with WebOS still having a future it was a decent price. It probably won't, however, have been decent enough to get a great deal of buyers. With webOS being more uncertain then it's fair to place more importance on the hardware and unfortunately it isn't as good as the galaxy.
    The build quality is very much improved! The slider is now very solid and direct, the gorilla glass screen is much nicer to use, the soft rubber finish is better that the old glossy one, and the keyboard is improved too, the keys seem to have a little more travel on them giving a much more tactile response not to mention the keys are larger and spaced better!
    It really is a shame you know that HP handled Palm so badly, because while I'm not saying the Pre3 would have been Major successful or an "iPhone killer" it definitely would have sold well if it had released earlier in the year or at all

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Glad to hear build quality has been improved. I still would love a pre 3 BUT I don't think I quite want it for 300. Also, even if I did value it at 300 for me, I wouldn't buy it after the way HP has messed us around.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Dogg View Post
    The build quality is very much improved! The slider is now very solid and direct, the gorilla glass screen is much nicer to use, the soft rubber finish is better that the old glossy one, and the keyboard is improved too, the keys seem to have a little more travel on them giving a much more tactile response not to mention the keys are larger and spaced better!
    Are you comparing to a Pre-/+? Can anyone with a Pre 3 say if it's a big step up from the Pre 2?
    It seems only a few people have heard anything from Eurostore,

I ordered on Tuesday at 12:32 GMT, my credit card hasn't been charged, and i haven't heard anything else from them since i got my email with the order confirmation pdf.

Are there many others waiting to be contacted?
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I am waiting. I hope they are waiting my response when they say @full price
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I ordered mine at 11.26am on Tuesday. No call yet. I'm checking my emails regularly too as I'd assume they'll just send an email to everyone left over once they've gone through their stock. Still undecided on my response...
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast