Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 223
Like Tree12Likes
  1. #81  
    too me it implicates bad customer service

    because it might be different companies that manage the websites - but the orders of us germans are handled by luzern tech too, so the information should be valid (and accesable) for all of us.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by gnangnan View Post
    So, Eurostore called me. They never get Touchpads anymore. They will send me one of my two orderer Pre3's, but at standard price because HP do not pass the firesale prices to retailers. The employee said that they are really confused by HP and didn't understand why they handle like that. Well, I will see if I will keep it or resend it because I don't know if 349 are well-invested in this product (I've heard that most of the apps do not work, is that right?).

    Edit: I'm from Germany, orderer in the German shop, but they called in English. I was really confused.
    Both good and bad news alike. When did you order them? I ordered three Pre3's (for the entire family) and still got no sign whatsoever. Moreover, I am not sure if I will keep any of them (given that they get shipped of course) because of the very reasons you pointed out... What about the others?
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by gnangnan View Post
    They will send me one of my two orderer Pre3's, but at standard price because HP do not pass the firesale prices to retailers.
    OK, these are disapointing news. This also means that will be no accessory bundling?

    Quote Originally Posted by gnangnan View Post
    Well, I will see if I will keep it or resend it because I don't know if 349 are well-invested in this product (I've heard that most of the apps do not work, is that right?).
    I asked myself the same question ... and decided that this would be no goog investment. I love WebOS, but no one knows for sure what will happen to that platform, if there will be any security updates or new (Pre3) apps at all. Futhermore it's not a QWERTZ (but a QWERTY) device and there may be better hardware bargains for 350 in the near future.
  4. Shihatsu's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by gnangnan View Post
    So, Eurostore called me. They never get Touchpads anymore. They will send me one of my two orderer Pre3's, but at standard price because HP do not pass the firesale prices to retailers. The employee said that they are really confused by HP and didn't understand why they handle like that. Well, I will see if I will keep it or resend it because I don't know if 349 are well-invested in this product (I've heard that most of the apps do not work, is that right?).

    Edit: I'm from Germany, orderer in the German shop, but they called in English. I was really confused.
    you got just pmed
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    Both good and bad news alike. When did you order them? I ordered three Pre3's (for the entire family) and still got no sign whatsoever. Moreover, I am not sure if I will keep any of them (given that they get shipped of course) because of the very reasons you pointed out... What about the others?
    I orderer at 22. August 2011 14:34:01 MESZ. I think that they will call you later this day and that you get one - like me. It becomes obvious that they will send one to everyone and do not cancel orders with more than one device like Cyberport is doing it in Germany (for Touchpads).

    It's a real pity because I still have a Veer and a Touchpad, but the Pre 3 always was first choice. =/ I will think long and hard about it. :0
  6. #86  
    Same with me. Just sent an email to german kundenserive.eu@bla saying that i cancel my order in case the pricing won't be reduced.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    OK, these are disapointing news. This also means that will be no accessory bundling?


    I asked myself the same question ... and decided that this would be no goog investment. I love WebOS, but no one knows for sure what will happen to that platform, if there will be any security updates or new (Pre3) apps at all. Futhermore it's not a QWERTZ (but a QWERTY) device and there may be better hardware bargains for 350 in the near future.
    There isn't much stock and they're offering UK (QWERTY) models to German customers, despite orders from many UK customers?

    What a shambles.
  8. #88  
    Ok, just got called by Palm Eurostore.

    They're going to ship my order today, but at full price. No reductions are possible - they're blaming HP for their lack of direction and misinformation.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by gnangnan View Post
    I orderer at 22. August 2011 14:34:01 MESZ. I think that they will call you later this day and that you get one - like me. It becomes obvious that they will send one to everyone and do not cancel orders with more than one device like Cyberport is doing it in Germany (for Touchpads).

    It's a real pity because I still have a Veer and a Touchpad, but the Pre 3 always was first choice. =/ I will think long and hard about it. :0
    I am looking at a Touchpad on my desk as well, but I always wanted to get the Pre3 and finally get rid of the iPhone I am currently using. So I assume that I will think A LOT about this. Still very disappointing that they won't reduce the price. This is senseless (isn't it?).

    @ Winston Smith: They never offered a QWERTZ version from the beginning. All orders placed were for a QWERTY one. So I guess orders just get handled according to priority...
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    There isn't much stock and they're offering UK (QWERTY) models to German customers, despite orders from many UK customers?

    What a shambles.
    Shambles indeed.

    Just wondering, would they still refund the difference, if HP decides to sell the phones at firesale price?
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    I am looking at a Touchpad on my desk as well, but I always wanted to get the Pre3 and finally get rid of the iPhone I am currently using. So I assume that I will think A LOT about this. Still very disappointing that they won't reduce the price. This is senseless (isn't it?).

    @ Winston Smith: They never offered a QWERTZ version from the beginning. All orders placed were for a QWERTY one. So I guess orders just get handled according to priority...
    Ah, OK - makes sense.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    Ah, OK - makes sense.

    Cheers ! Are you going to keep your Pre3 despite the high price? Or will you return it?
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    There isn't much stock and they're offering UK (QWERTY) models to German customers, despite orders from many UK customers?
    They only sold QWERTY models on the Palm Eurostore. All QWERTZ models have been sold by HP Germany on their firesale on monday.

    Edit: Arrg, too late :-)
  14. uptherams's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #94  
    It looks like decision time... Is it worth having one at full price?

    If I'd got a firesale Touchpad then I'd probably have paid the 299 for the phone (400 for both is pretty good), but without the hope of getting a cheap Touchpad, 299 for a phone for which the future is uncertain (considering my replacement Pre 2 should be back from support next week) is looking a little too pricey for me...

    Has anyone from the UK had a call yet from Palm Eurostore?
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    Cheers ! Are you going to keep your Pre3 despite the high price? Or will you return it?
    Is it a high price? Or is it only high in light of the Touchpad fire sale? When the Pre3 was announced at 299 I thought it was a reasonable price. That stiil stands when you compare it to the competition (Android/iPhone).

    I really need a new phone, as my E71 broke two months ago. I looked at Samsung Galaxy SII, iPhone, Blackberry, HTC Sensation and came to the conclusion I don't like any other phones on the market.

    So I'm going to keep it. Unless it's defective, or buggy as hell.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by UpTheRams View Post
    It looks like decision time... Is it worth having one at full price?

    If I'd got a firesale Touchpad then I'd probably have paid the 299 for the phone (400 for both is pretty good), but without the hope of getting a cheap Touchpad, 299 for a phone for which the future is uncertain (considering my replacement Pre 2 should be back from support next week) is looking a little too pricey for me...

    Has anyone from the UK had a call yet from Palm Eurostore?
    Yes, see my earlier post.
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    I am looking at a Touchpad on my desk as well, but I always wanted to get the Pre3 and finally get rid of the iPhone I am currently using. So I assume that I will think A LOT about this. Still very disappointing that they won't reduce the price. This is senseless (isn't it?).

    @ Winston Smith: They never offered a QWERTZ version from the beginning. All orders placed were for a QWERTY one. So I guess orders just get handled according to priority...
    In my opinion it is really senseless, but like he has told me: They are confused as well. I cannot understand why each HP district office (USA, DE, UK) can do what they want without regarding at their partners.

    Well, I think that I will wait for the refund they will do for early adopters (Touchpad) and spend it for the Pre 3. I will have Touch to Share and don't know if it will ever be available for my Veer...
  18. uptherams's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    Yes, see my earlier post.
    Ah, missed your "location" under your name because I was looking on my mobile... It clearly says "London, UK" now I'm back on my laptop!
  19. #99  
    @Winston You ordered from the German store right?
  20.    #100  
    @ Winston: Yeah, I meant in light of the fire sale price. Compare for example with a new SGSII or an iPhone4, it is still really cheap, taking into account that it offers almost the same as the aforementioned phones (despite lack of # of apps etc, don't want to start a discussion here). But I agree with you, I want the Pre3. Period.

    @ gnangnan: Same here. The Situation with a refund from HP Germany is still hazy and foggy, but a bundle containing a price reduced TP and a relatively cheap Pre3 is still worth the bees
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions