Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gTh View Post
    "Dear Palm Eurostore customer,

We regret to have to inform you that Palm Eurostore will NOT now be in a
    position to fulfill orders that have been received for the HP TouchPad
    16Gb WiFi ( Part Number: FB405UA#ABB ) or the HP TouchPad 32Gb WiFi ( Part
    Number: FB368UA#ABB ). ....
    gTH, when did you order the Touchpads? Did they already billed you?
  2.    #62  
    I think only orders placed last Tuesday and later got cancelled. Let's see if todays update and this mysterious call from the eurostore brings any news !
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    Define 'stand'? You mean big numbers, right? x GHz, xxMB RAM?

Who cares about all that? I just want a phone that suits my needs. I don't need a 3D screen or the latest CPU. I want a stable, easy to use phone which combines a big screen for mobile internet with a QWERTY keyboard for ease of use. The Pre 3 meets those criteria, so I'm not bothered if Android 4.0 makes me a cup of tea, or if the SGS3 has a 500GHz 8 core chip.
    No Winston, the Pre3 doesn't stand against the Galaxy s2 and probably wont against the iphone 5 for many reasons. Yes Ghz... because how quickly and responsively things load is important. Yes Ram because multitasking is useful and this is an important part of it... but also battery life, screen quality (contrast, black level, brightness, resolution etc), call quality etc which may not be important to you but would be important to nearly everyone else.
    Why is everyone talking about calls from Eurostore? They never mentioned calls, just direct contact. That could be an email.
  5.    #65  
    True - hence I used "mysterious".
    Why is everyone talking about calls from Eurostore? They never mentioned calls, just direct contact. That could be an email.
    Yeah thats prolly me who started the rumour, my bad. The message implied they'd contact people at different times, and I just assumed without reading properly

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Well, they do have my home number. I just instructed my wife to accept any offer in case they try to reach me by phone :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    Well, they do have my home number. I just instructed my wife to accept any offer in case they try to reach me by phone :-)
    While she's at it, can you have her tell them to accept mine too? I'm kinda busy in work, and may not have time to pick up
    Flinx likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    I think only orders placed last Tuesday and later got cancelled. Let's see if todays update and this mysterious call from the eurostore brings any news !
    I ordered Tuesday and I have had no cancellation (yet!):

ORDER CONFIRMATION
    Date of purchase : 23 August 2011 13:23

Cheers
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by sipart View Post

ORDER CONFIRMATION

Cheers
    Sounds good!
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sipart View Post

ORDER CONFIRMATION

Cheers
    7 mins before me

I wonder how many they sold in those 7 mins...
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    7 mins before me

I wonder how many they sold in those 7 mins...
    I thought you already had one?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I thought you already had one?
    I do
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I do
    That's just greedy! I ordered one on the 17th and still haven't got it. So it's only fair that if you do manage to snag another one, you kindly resell it to me.
    interesting fact - the pre3 update(s) can only be seen on the eurostore website if u choose the uk-version.
    not any hint on the german page and i assume there is non on any other langue too.
  16.    #76  
    True! I wonder if this has any implications...
  17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cecess View Post
    interesting fact - the pre3 update(s) can only be seen on the eurostore website if u choose the uk-version.
    not any hint on the german page and i assume there is non on any other langue too.
    The Euro-store is contracted out - the (irish) company who does the english language stuff is not the same (I think) as the people who do it in germany or anywhere else.
  18. gTh
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    gTH, when did you order the Touchpads? Did they already billed you?
    Kaufdatum: 22 August 2011 14:39

I ordered in the german eurostore.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    The Euro-store is contracted out - the (irish) company who does the english language stuff is not the same (I think) as the people who do it in germany or anywhere else.
    Although I ordered in german language (and got german language emails) my contract partner is is that irish company "Luzerne". However the firesale in germany has been operated by HP themself (their webstore was completly unavailable for nearly two days).

I think they are just too lazy to post the status update in foreign languages :-)
    So, Eurostore called me. They never get Touchpads anymore. They will send me one of my two orderer Pre3's, but at standard price because HP do not pass the firesale prices to retailers. The employee said that they are really confused by HP and didn't understand why they handle like that. Well, I will see if I will keep it or resend it because I don't know if 349€ are well-invested in this product (I've heard that most of the apps do not work, is that right?).

Edit: I'm from Germany, orderer in the German shop, but they called in English. I was really confused.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast