Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Hey Guys. I had received my Pre3 from Europe on Monday and it's working like butter.

I just threw in my Bell Sim card and I was off. Surprisingly allot more of my information seems to be syncing through my profile including website fill in data. I'm uber impressed with this phone. I LOVE it! It's a real shame that this had not made it our before HP pulled the plug. I think it's finally that form that people wold have bought into.

Feels like a well made German watch. Just the right size shape and weight. The keyboard is phenomenal (though coming from the smaller keyboard not he Pre2 took getting used to) The screen is bright and the resolution makes everything look sharp.

No oreo effect at all to speak of. Nice and tight when closed.

I've always had lots of battery life (though I became used to managing it on my old pres)

Sound is quite awesome through the head phones and the camera and video quality seems excellent to me.

Prices are starting to trickle down people and get them while you can. Well worth it!

I am in Halifax Nova Scotia and I find the reception great in most places but when I get more in to the outskirts I do notice less range or no service at all in some areas.

But just loving it so far. I will be plenty happy with this for a good long time.

Well hopefully attest until a proper company manages to rescue WebOS from the chaos led zeppelin that is HP.
    Will my iPhone Rogers sim card work in the pre3? Sure would like to get rid of this iPhone!
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotPioneer View Post
    Will my iPhone Rogers sim card work in the pre3? Sure would like to get rid of this iPhone!
    If you have an iphone4 then you have a microsim card, in which case you will either need a microsim adapter or a new regular sim card, neither of which is expensive or hard to get a hold of, just simple walk into any rogers store. But if you have the 2G, 3G or 3GS then you are good with the regular sim card
    well I made the purchase last night. The att pre 3 will be shipped to me tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

will report my tests when I receive it (rogers in Calgary)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor e View Post

No oreo effect at all to speak of. Nice and tight when closed.

I am in Halifax Nova Scotia and I find the reception great in most places but when I get more in to the outskirts I do notice less range or no service at all in some areas.
    This is because the Pre 3 frequencies don't match the ones used by Bell, is that right? We match two out of three supported by the Pre 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    This is because the Pre 3 frequencies don't match the ones used by Bell, is that right? We match two out of three supported by the Pre 3?
    Euro Pre 3 only has 1900. Robellus uses 850 in rural and 1900 urban. Bell and Telus also has no fallback 2G GSM network.

For full coverage you want the AT&T version.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    For full coverage you want the AT&T version.
    I got a UK model, but haven't got a Bell SIM card yet. Wondering if I should be looking for an ATT version instead.
    Went for it and bought an AT&T (unlocked) HP Pre 3 from eBay. I'm currently using an NA Palm Pre 2 on Bell. As soon as it arrives, I'll report how well it works on Bell.
    Well, it finally arrived. Unfortunately I can't move my palm profile to it as profile backups seem to have stopped working back in March. Palm tech support had me disable backup which caused a wipe of my backup on the server, but that didn't fix the backup process so now all my data's stuck on my Pre 2 and I can't move to my Pre 3 until the situation is fixed.

Does anyone know of a way to backup data manually to my own computer?
    Save/restore app from webosinternals backs up most things but not all are reasonable. It works well though.

MyAT&T pre3 is on its way, hopefully it will get here soon.

Vancouver, bell.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    A Pre3 would have been nice, but I think I'll prefer my unlimited (freeTether)data over a new(ly replaced) phone.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Rec'd my Ebay ATT Pre 3 a few days ago after using a Pre- since they were first available. Bought a $5 Bell SIM but had to contact Bell CS to activate. No problems except I forgot to pull some photos and videos off of the Pre- before it was deactivated. Now I can't get acccess unless I jump through the PITA process of bypassing the activation procedure to get into developer mode. Don't make this same mistake! Pull your data off first before changing your profile over to the new phone.

Otherwise.......awesome. I had an Otterbox Tandem case on my Pre- which was great but have not found a similar product for the Pre 3.Looks like I'll have to revert to carrying the Pre 3 in a holster type case again

The build quality on mine is excellent. Removing the back to get at the battery and SIM was easy even though others have posted having difficulty. Hint: read the instruction manual first.

Functionality on the GSM Bell network in the Okanagan has been painless with the 3G symbol displayed. The ATT mobility hotspot app was funky as it kept connecting and disconnecting the wifi client with constant vibrator alert going off. Free tether is fine but I've had to restart the phone each time I turn it off and on. I have so far not been able to get the USB tethering to work. The ATT Nav app and YP app are not obviously removable so I'm considering a UK doctor but not there yet.

I also got the OTA update to 2.2.3 without issue but am concerned with others reporting a detrimental effect on battery life. I was able to get battery life on the Pre- acceptable by applying kernal patches etc. and will be watching the forum to see what is working best for others.

In summary, if you love webOS this phone will definitely satisfy the need The size, texture, screen quality, speed, are much superior to my Pre-. Now all I need is a way to protect/carry it so I can enjoy it for as long as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by techman1 View Post
    Rec'd my Ebay ATT Pre 3 a few days ago after using a Pre- since they were first available. Bought a $5 Bell SIM but had to contact Bell CS to activate. No problems except I forgot to pull some photos and videos off of the Pre- before it was deactivated. Now I can't get acccess unless I jump through the PITA process of bypassing the activation procedure to get into developer mode. Don't make this same mistake! Pull your data off first before changing your profile over to the new phone.
    Or simply use Impostah to remove the Palm Profile.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Or simply use Impostah to remove the Palm Profile.
    Thanks for the suggestion Toni. I've only glimpsed at the threads re: Impostah so will have to look more closely at those to figure out the suggested solution. What is not immediately clear is how to gain access to the device (the old Pre with no cell network connectivity) when it will not let me pass the "log in to account/profile" screen. I've come across another thread on this with others in the exact predicament. The only recommendation there were to either get the cell company to temporarily reactivate the Pre-, pull the data, and then reactivate the Pre 3 again or go through this .

Patch webOS Bypassing Activation - WebOS Internals

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-get-data.html

I only understood that "Impostah" would let the phone fool the HP servers into treating it as a different device rather than allowing the OS to open without a cell network connection. I'll go look at those threads again.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hi,

Just got my Pre 3 today and loaded it with Bell sim card and off I went. Prior to removing the sim from my Pre 2, I used Impostah to keep the Pre 2 active.

Thoughts on the Pre 3. Very well made and snappy. Kinda scared because I don't have an AGF slider case anymore to prevent any oreo effect for this new phone which I migrated from Pre minus. Also, looking for any screen protectors if anyone can recommend any as my Pre 2 with gorilla glass got scratched up quite a few times.

Gonna put some patches on it and hopefully live with the small bounce the screen does while pushing on the gesture bar, which is mostly an annoying issue but other than that, phone is solid.

Hope you all enjoy ur new phones
    Quote Originally Posted by techman1 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion Toni. I've only glimpsed at the threads re: Impostah so will have to look more closely at those to figure out the suggested solution. What is not immediately clear is how to gain access to the device (the old Pre with no cell network connectivity) when it will not let me pass the "log in to account/profile" screen. I've come across another thread on this with others in the exact predicament. The only recommendation there were to either get the cell company to temporarily reactivate the Pre-, pull the data, and then reactivate the Pre 3 again or go through this .

Patch webOS Bypassing Activation - WebOS Internals

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-get-data.html

I only understood that "Impostah" would let the phone fool the HP servers into treating it as a different device rather than allowing the OS to open without a cell network connection. I'll go look at those threads again.
    http://www.precentral.net/prevent-de...phone-homebrew

But I guess it's moot since in your case you already deactivated it.

http://www.precentral.net/prevent-de...phone-homebrew

But I guess it's moot since in your case you already deactivated it.
    Exactly. Hence the warning in my post. Once the phone is deactivated,trying to get back at the data takes some extra effort.
    anyone on this thread with an AT&T Pre 3 and Fido (or Rogers) service getting the 'H+' symbol on their phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by B-E-A-S-T View Post
    anyone on this thread with an AT&T Pre 3 and Fido (or Rogers) service getting the 'H+' symbol on their phone?
    Nope. I even tried calling Rogers customer support and they said the seeing 3G symbol was proper and that I was indeed getting HSPA+, saying their HSPA network management is different from AT&T's, thus no "H+" icon. I might make a patch to replace 3G icon with H+, just for fun, lol
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Jason,

If you make that patch I am all over it...I feel kind of gipped!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast