Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgreen5 View Post
    I got my Pre3 yesterday, ran (yes ran) to the Bell store, they guy popped in a simm card (charged me 5 bucks) and boom I was/am running on 3G. ALL Good so far (loss of Google maps to Bing a disappointment). I have not travelled out of the city so far so I don't know how that will work. I heard 3G increases battery consumption so I tried turning off 3g (in phone options menu) and using 2G. phone went into SOS Only mode ????
    I got my pre3 up and running on bell yesterday aswell. The reason behind that is Bell only has the 3G bands, it does not have the 2G/edge bands, so if you turn 3G off you won't be on the network. You can still turn off data usage tho.

I seem to be having a problem with my pre3 and I want to know if your having the same issue. When receiving a sms I will not receive it right away, it will either come much later or I need to restart the device to get the message. Does anything like this happen to you?
    how on earth you folks getting a pre 3?
    This is why it is better being with Rogers/Fido/Chat-r I think. Rogers legacy network is 1900Mhz (up to 2G) and their 3-4G Network is on 850Mhz with redundancy and capacity expansion over 1900Mhz. This way you will always have coverage of some sort for SMS, MMS, voice calls etc even if you are out of major city centres where they have not built out the 3-4G over 1900Mhz.
    kjb86 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Bought it in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    I got my pre3 up and running on bell yesterday aswell. The reason behind that is Bell only has the 3G bands, it does not have the 2G/edge bands, so if you turn 3G off you won't be on the network. You can still turn off data usage tho.

I seem to be having a problem with my pre3 and I want to know if your having the same issue. When receiving a sms I will not receive it right away, it will either come much later or I need to restart the device to get the message. Does anything like this happen to you?
    I just had a text sent to me from a friend. It Arrived right away.

I have patched with Muffle System logging and Ad Blocker. They made quite difference to performance.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Ebay from France.

Using my Pre3 is like speaking in Latin, their both dead languages ... But I'm lovin it!!!

I WANT ONE!!!

(Sorry ... just had to get that out of my system)

Any blokes from one of the EU countries where the Pre 3 is available coming to Calgary?
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgreen5 View Post
    I just had a text sent to me from a friend. It Arrived right away.

I have patched with Muffle System logging and Ad Blocker. They made quite difference to performance.

Thank you for this, but it doesn't seem to be an issue with the performance, the messages will just arrive extremely late. I have contacted HP/Palm tech support and have now gotten the case escalated to higher level technicians. Until a fix is found i will have to turn back to my good old pre2
    I just bought one on eBay and it's arriving on Monday! I've currently got a Pre- on Bell, where I'd like to stay if possible as I have an unlimited data plan that's unavailable now (although since I got my touchpad I'm using far less data overall). Also to consider is that I have great reception all the time because I live right in Vancouver and rarely travel.

Is there anyone who can tell me about their experience setting up a Pre 3 on Bell? What did you go through in terms of changing or getting a new data plan? Were the Bell staff difficult or helpful? What are your speeds like? How does it compare to your Pre-? Any comments about GPS? Anything else you could add at all that would make things easier for me?

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by garethtrobson View Post
    I just bought one on eBay and it's arriving on Monday! I've currently got a Pre- on Bell, where I'd like to stay if possible as I have an unlimited data plan that's unavailable now (although since I got my touchpad I'm using far less data overall). Also to consider is that I have great reception all the time because I live right in Vancouver and rarely travel.

Is there anyone who can tell me about their experience setting up a Pre 3 on Bell? What did you go through in terms of changing or getting a new data plan? Were the Bell staff difficult or helpful? What are your speeds like? How does it compare to your Pre-? Any comments about GPS? Anything else you could add at all that would make things easier for me?

thanks!
    I am using a Pre3 on rogers, and its working great. Speeds over 3g are good, haven't had any problems so far. The biggest difference is i don't believe bell has the same edge network has rogers, so it seems that some people have had problems with bell/ pre3 combo.

I was able to just put in the sim card, and away i went. MMS, texting, and 3g all work so far. Touchpad/ pre3 combo works extremely well as well (tts and texting). Currently I use a smartphone plan with data. Speeds are very similar to what I was getting on my hp veer, which has all the bands. GPS works good, not so good inside (doesn't seem to use wifi to find location)
    MY AT&T Pre 3 just arrived today! I plopped in my Bell sim card and it asked for an unlock code. Not sure what to do. Thinking about taking it to one of those phone unlock stores.

I'm taking suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    MY AT&T Pre 3 just arrived today! I plopped in my Bell sim card and it asked for an unlock code. Not sure what to do. Thinking about taking it to one of those phone unlock stores.

I'm taking suggestions.
    Could try asking the guys at DigitalUnlock: Click Your Phone to Unlock it Now
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I don't think the DigitalUnlock guys have a Pre 3 unlock yet. Last I heard was they were shooting for next week sometime. Until then, you're out of luck I think?
    Wait, Jason, if you have a Pre 3, is it an ATT or UK Pre 3. How did you activate it?
    Last edited by Vociferous; 09/23/2011 at 12:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Wait, Jason, do you have a Pre 3 yet?
    I currently have the UK unlocked one, yea

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

How is the overall reception with fido/rogers? Anyone still looking for a pre 3 btw?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by eighthree View Post
    How is the overall reception with fido/rogers? Anyone still looking for a pre 3 btw?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I use Rogers on my UK Pre3. In my city, the 1900MHz 3G towers aren't in my neighbourhood and are mainly downtown. As a result, I'm almost always in 2G speeds. However, I know a guy in who have strong 3G in Toronto and would expect other big cities to have good signal strength.

Yeah, I personally don't live downtown -yet- and although I work there that might be an issue receiving calls from home. Ever get hspa+?? With your Pre3 or Vee btw? FIDO tells me vancouver should have spa+ but I don't ever get that

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I use Rogers on my UK Pre3. In my city, the 1900MHz 3G towers aren't in my neighbourhood and are mainly downtown. As a result, I'm almost always in 2G speeds. However, I know a guy in who have strong 3G in Toronto and would expect other big cities to have good signal strength.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Pre3 speeds have been very good for me all throughout vancouver (i've tested in vancouver, burnaby, surrey, richmond, and delta) on rogers

Quote Originally Posted by eighthree View Post
    Yeah, I personally don't live downtown -yet- and although I work there that might be an issue receiving calls from home. Ever get hspa+?? With your Pre3 or Vee btw? FIDO tells me vancouver should have spa+ but I don't ever get that

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Waiting for my Pre 3 to ship next week... then I'll be able to comment.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast