1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I bought the Pre3 from Clove, and asked them to activate it with a UK sim card. And so they did. Got it yesterday...

Now when I first logged into my old Palm profile (nearly two years old), I did not get access to the UK app catalogue. Did a hard reset...

Then I logged into the profile created by clove for me, and then I did get access to the app catalogue for UK (but I still need a wirecard - or a UK creditcard - to buy from it).

Conclusion: The access to the app cat follows the country the profile was created in (on the phone), and not the the country where the phone was activated (eg. afte creating the profile, it does not follow the phone, but the profile).

Does this make sense?

Anders
    Hello, hope my post wont make the issue more complicated.

In my case, I bought my Germany QWERTZ Pre- off ebay 2 yrs ago. I ask the seller to activate it in germany with his O2 Germany card. When the Pre- came to Malaysia, I did a full erase and created a new profile which I'm still using today. I get Germany App Catalogue.

Now I got a Pre3 from HandTec UK shipped unactivated. Used Impotash to activate 1st time in Malaysia, creating a new palm profile and set it up for US app catalog. Got what I wanted.

However, when I did a full erase and log in with my existing profile, I get back Germany app catalogue access.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    Hello, hope my post wont make the issue more complicated.

In my case, I bought my Germany QWERTZ Pre- off ebay 2 yrs ago. I ask the seller to activate it in germany with his O2 Germany card. When the Pre- came to Malaysia, I did a full erase and created a new profile which I'm still using today. I get Germany App Catalogue.

Now I got a Pre3 from HandTec UK shipped unactivated. Used Impotash to activate 1st time in Malaysia, creating a new palm profile and set it up for US app catalog. Got what I wanted.

However, when I did a full erase and log in with my existing profile, I get back Germany app catalogue access.

Hey mate,you said you bought the pre 3 from UK and use impostah to activate in Malaysia.Can you confirm that whether that we can get the official firmware update in the future?cause I planning to get one from the UK and activate it in Australia.
    Hi, I got a UK activated Pre Plus and when I activated my touchpad in Singapore, I used my pre palm profile and my touchpad got the UK apps catalogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by sylau90 View Post
    Hey mate,you said you bought the pre 3 from UK and use impostah to activate in Malaysia.Can you confirm that whether that we can get the official firmware update in the future?cause I planning to get one from the UK and activate it in Australia.
    Yes I just did the OTA update yesterday together with others in UK. It's mention in the forum as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by JM8753 View Post
    Hi, I got a UK activated Pre Plus and when I activated my touchpad in Singapore, I used my pre palm profile and my touchpad got the UK apps catalogue.
    Hi, so u log in to ur palm profile for the 1st time via ur TouchPad without even use Impotash? That would means it just follows the profile u 1st created then.

BTW any idea is Singapore retails store still have stock for TouchPad? HP Sg has none.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    Hi, so u log in to ur palm profile for the 1st time via ur TouchPad without even use Impotash? That would means it just follows the profile u 1st created then.

BTW any idea is Singapore retails store still have stock for TouchPad? HP Sg has none.
    Yes, I logged in to my Palm Profile on my touchpad without using Impotash. No TP in SG stores too. All returned to HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudofilosofen View Post
    Hi,
    I bought the Pre3 from Clove, and asked them to activate it with a UK sim card. And so they did. Got it yesterday...

Now when I first logged into my old Palm profile (nearly two years old), I did not get access to the UK app catalogue. Did a hard reset...

Then I logged into the profile created by clove for me, and then I did get access to the app catalogue for UK (but I still need a wirecard - or a UK creditcard - to buy from it).

Conclusion: The access to the app cat follows the country the profile was created in (on the phone), and not the the country where the phone was activated (eg. afte creating the profile, it does not follow the phone, but the profile).

Does this make sense?

Anders
    Hei.

Read this: Palm Pre Norge: Hvordan kjøpe apps i Norge - hvis du har en Pre aktivert i utlandet
    Worked for me, after trying to get paid apps since the first pre was released in europe.

Also, seem to recognize your username from somewhere..
    Hi, I activated my touchpad in India with a new hpwebos account and chose US billing option, using my friends CC details. Now my pre3 has arrived (unactivated yet) if I use the same hp webos accont, will I able to access the US app catalog? Will the mojo apps I purchased on touchpad, be loaded if I do manage to activate the pre3 with the hpwebos account.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrupesh View Post
    Hi, I activated my touchpad in India with a new hpwebos account and chose US billing option, using my friends CC details. Now my pre3 has arrived (unactivated yet) if I use the same hp webos accont, will I able to access the US app catalog? Will the mojo apps I purchased on touchpad, be loaded if I do manage to activate the pre3 with the hpwebos account.
    Hi, u should be able to do all those, provided the mojo apps already tagged as Pre3 compatible (or somthing to tht effect by dev or webOS devrel team).
    To be safe I'd suggest you use Impostah to activate the Pre 3. By the way, where did you get the Pre 3 from? [/jealous]
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    To be safe I'd suggest you use Impostah to activate the Pre 3. By the way, where did you get the Pre 3 from? [/jealous]
    hi Sanjay....thanks...bought it from handtec..just a day before all the hooplah for GBP 249 + 25 shipping and Rs. 700 customs....good deal I think...
    heard hantec is not refunding ...th..that would have been nice
  13.    #13  
    Hei Neliel,
    Ja, har lest den posten på Palm Pre Norge, og har bestilt wiredcard og har overført penger via nettbank... Venter nå på at de skal være registrert som overført. :-)

Yes, I do use the pseudofilosofen some other places. :-)

Anders
    hi Sanjay....thanks...bought it from handtec..just a day before all the hooplah for GBP 249 + 25 shipping and Rs. 700 customs....good deal I think...
    heard hantec is not refunding ...th..that would have been nice
    It was the uncertainity with customs, that kept me from ordering and getting the phone shipped to India. By the time I finally decided and placed the order (shipping to the US), Handtec had run out of stock. But even then, they took my order stating that more stock was expected. But as it turned out, atleast so far, there will be no more stocks and therefore they have cancelled my order. I suppose I will have to make do with the 'TWO' Pre 2s that I was able to buy in the US. Unfortunately they are no good for 3G in India.

PS: Could you please elaborate on how the customs was handled?

I did not do much actually...it was dhl which handled everything and I had to pay the customs on delivery.
    and my wife activated the pre3 before I could tell her about impostah...but guess what...I have us app catalog access now

PS. I had a Pre 2 (US) and was bugged with no 3G so sold that to my cousin and took the risk on pre3 and it paid off
    @nrupesh - I suppose, gambles do pay off sometimes. Enjoy the Pre 3.