Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree13Likes
    We only have one doctor (the EU one) available for the Pre 3. Therefore when (not if) you need to doctor your device in the future, that is the one you will be using. It is also the one on which patches and kernels are based.

If you choose not to use the EU doctor, you're on your own as far as homebrew goes.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You don't need to wait.

Note that Impostah has no relationship to carrier locking.

-- Rod
    I tried the Pre 3 Impersonation and the Doctor won't recognize my Pre 3. My guess is that I need to unlock the phone before I apply the EU WebOS doctor, is that correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    I tried the Pre 3 Impersonation and the Doctor won't recognize my Pre 3. My guess is that I need to unlock the phone before I apply the EU WebOS doctor, is that correct?
    The webOS Doctor also has no relationship to carrier locking.

-- Rod
    The webOS Doctor also has no relationship to carrier locking.

-- Rod
    Rod, I love you man, in a totally not creepy, tech kind of way. But it would have been clearer if you had said 'The WebOS Doctor will not unlock your phone.'

Saying 'no relationship to carrier locking' is simply too complicated a statement for me. I'm simply not that smart. (But I'm pretty as all get out.)

You are the WebOS lord of all, and you really shouldn't have to waste your time clarifying trivial stuff like this, but sometimes you gotta just lay it on the line. (I feel a 70's rock song coming on....)

So first I'm going to deal with how to unlock this thing and then I'll get back to you if I have any other questions.

And what are you wearing. Okay, I guess that was creepy. Never mind...
    Rod, I love you man, in a totally not creepy, tech kind of way. But it would have been clearer if you had said 'The WebOS Doctor will not unlock your phone.'
    Actually, it's more than that. Not only will the webOS Doctor not unlock your phone, it also doesn't care whether your phone is unlocked or not. Hence, no relationship.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    The real answer is a combination of #1, #2 and #3.

-- Rod
    Ok, that tells me a non-techie like me shouldn't risk patching (...even the simple alarm time and snooze patches?).
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    Ok, that tells me a non-techie like me shouldn't risk patching (...even the simple alarm time and snooze patches?).
    Patching a Pre 3 is perfectly safe, as long as you have done Pre 3 Impersonation - WebOS Internals first.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Actually, it's more than that. Not only will the webOS Doctor not unlock your phone, it also doesn't care whether your phone is unlocked or not. Hence, no relationship.

-- Rod
    Okay I get it! Fine! When you put it like that it's very clear. Thank you.

And Rod is right, there's nothing to worry about with patches or doctoring your phone. The only thing you should worry about it posting something in the forums that makes you look kind of stupid.

Not that I would know anything about that. At all. Really. Nope. Not me.

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Patching a Pre 3 is perfectly safe, as long as you have done Pre 3 Impersonation - WebOS Internals first.

-- Rod
    Thanks for the info, and forgive my barrage of questions, but does this MUST be done "out of the box", or can I do it some time later after using the att pre3 as it is for a while?
    -carldc

PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    The only thing you should worry about it posting something in the forums that makes you look kind of stupid.

Too late for me!
    -carldc

Vociferous likes this.
    The only thing you should worry about it posting something in the forums that makes you look kind of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    Too late for me!
    Too late for me too. Derek had to refill all the fire extinguishers because I crash and burn so often in here ......

TTB

I know you must be scratching your over that one! tee hee ... ....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Vociferous likes this.
    Wow so webos doctor is out for the Pre3 on ATT!!!!

And OTA update to 2.2.3!!

Soooo,

I suppose I wouldnt need to do the impersonation and hope for some preware love for my newfound love?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456