Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 112
Like Tree13Likes
  1. #81  
    ok. I installed it but now the advanced system prefs patches refuse to work, so no sms tones per contact :-(

    being a lover of webos is fraught with disappointment.

    i'll probably doctor back.
  2. #82  
    Activated with a AT&T sim. No sign of the update yet. Any idea why it's not coming through? Is it checking the wrong update server since it was activated in the US?
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyBear View Post
    i am still on 3165 and I get TMC all the time with only mail and dr.podder open.

    I did install a few patch too.

    I assume it is a patch or an app running in the background. I have not figured out what causes it.
    Your problem is DrPodder. It's an absolute memory hog. I can open upward of 20 apps before I receive a TMC error.
  4. Andreas's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that to get an OTA update, you must be logged in to a valid HP webOS Account (Palm Profile).

    -- Rod
    I'm on my impostah created profile, should I make full reset and create a new profile with the phone?
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    I'm on my impostah created profile, should I make full reset and create a new profile with the phone?
    That's what step 15 of the process which uses Impostah says to do.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #86  
    Just ordered an ATT Pre3 16 GB from Ebay. What OS version will ship with my phone and am I SOL when it comes to hoping for future updates?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Just ordered an ATT Pre3 16 GB from Ebay. What OS version will ship with my phone and am I SOL when it comes to hoping for future updates
    Pre 3 Impersonation - WebOS Internals

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8. #88  
    Is there anyone in the Bay Area comfortable with meta doctoring? The instructions, though written clearly do not make me feel confident in my abilities.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Is there anyone in the Bay Area comfortable with meta doctoring? The instructions, though written clearly do not make me feel confident in my abilities.
    Contact WebOS World | Welcome to the world of webOS! - they offer this service.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. #90  
    Simply amazing Rod. Thank you!

    So having my AT&T Pre3 act as an EU Pre3 will let me get updates and allow me to doctor, but will it have any other side effects such as limited app availability to that region? I hope my Pre3 ships with a version that doesn't need updating anytime soon as this seems like a daunting task.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Simply amazing Rod. Thank you!

    So having my AT&T Pre3 act as an EU Pre3 will let me get updates and allow me to doctor, but will it have any other side effects such as limited app availability to that region? I hope my Pre3 ships with a version that doesn't need updating anytime soon as this seems like a daunting task.
    App catalog region is determined when you first activate the device, not by the webOS Doctor you use.

    Note that since the EU doctor is the only one available, all patches and kernels are designed for that version of webOS.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    App catalog region is determined when you first activate the device, not by the webOS Doctor you use.

    Note that since the EU doctor is the only one available, all patches and kernels are designed for that version of webOS.

    -- Rod
    Oh geez so if I want to be able to do any patching I have to do this then. Is freetether working on the Pre3 by any chance?
  13. #93  
    Okay, I just got my ATT Pre 3 (Thank you mysterious internet HP person!) and I want to know if I should wait for unlocking sites to get up to speed and spend the money on an unlock code and live with an non updated ATT Pre 3...

    OR

    Should I imposter it right away to a UK Pre 3 and get the update?
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Okay, I just got my ATT Pre 3 (Thank you mysterious internet HP person!) and I want to know if I should wait for unlocking sites to get up to speed and spend the money on an unlock code and live with an non updated ATT Pre 3...

    OR

    Should I imposter it right away to a UK Pre 3 and get the update?
    All the ATT pre3s I saw came unlocked or with an unlock code. Yours didnt?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  15. carldc's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that since the EU doctor is the only one available, all patches and kernels are designed for that version of webOS.

    -- Rod
    Thanks for the info. Please clarify--for ATT, does that mean 1) patches WON'T work, 2) patch at your own RISK, or 3) they WILL work BUT any mess-up means an EU doctor? Is there another possibility I'm not seeing?

    I'm mainly interested in the relatively modest ones like extra alarm and snooze options.
    -carldc

    m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    All the ATT pre3s I saw came unlocked or with an unlock code. Yours didnt?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Oh really. Nope I didn't see one. But I didn't look that hard. Where would the unlock code be found?
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    Thanks for the info. Please clarify--for ATT, does that mean 1) patches WON'T work, 2) patch at your own RISK, or 3) they WILL work BUT any mess-up means an EU doctor? Is there another possibility I'm not seeing?

    I'm mainly interested in the relatively modest ones like extra alarm and snooze options.
    The real answer is a combination of #1, #2 and #3.

    -- Rod
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Okay, I just got my ATT Pre 3 (Thank you mysterious internet HP person!) and I want to know if I should wait for unlocking sites to get up to speed and spend the money on an unlock code and live with an non updated ATT Pre 3...

    OR

    Should I imposter it right away to a UK Pre 3 and get the update?
    You don't need to wait.

    Note that Impostah has no relationship to carrier locking.


    -- Rod
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You don't need to wait.

    Note that Impostah has no relationship to carrier locking.


    -- Rod
    I guess my decision is this...

    Why should I put the EU version on my phone? Do I lose any patches? Does the update offer compelling functionality?
  20. #100  
    I guess my decision is this...

    Why should I put the EU version on my phone? Do I lose any patches? Does the update offer compelling functionality?


    It allows you to do future updates as well. HP will never update the ATT Pre3 because no one is supposed to even have it. Plus without it you cannot install any patches.


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions