Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Okay, after 80 Minutes in the support chat, which luckily could be minimized until the person talked again, I was told that I should just ignore the build number cause mine was up to date enough. And when I pointed out that the doctor site does not like my serial I was told that "no, the site is not down" *sigh* When we finished the unsuccessful chat I requested that she at least make a not of my complains about the missing update and the broken site. Let's see if I ever hear about it again.
    I'll doctor my phone now thanks to the "potentially dangerous" and "unsupported" homebrew community that was nice enough to save the link that they can't seem to find
    gastr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by silentguy View Post
    Okay, after 80 Minutes in the support chat, which luckily could be minimized until the person talked again, I was told that I should just ignore the build number cause mine was up to date enough. And when I pointed out that the doctor site does not like my serial I was told that "no, the site is not down" *sigh* When we finished the unsuccessful chat I requested that she at least make a not of my complains about the missing update and the broken site. Let's see if I ever hear about it again.
    I'll doctor my phone now thanks to the "potentially dangerous" and "unsupported" homebrew community that was nice enough to save the link that they can't seem to find
    I talked to support chat and they told me "We don't have any information about the Pre3, as it is categorized as an unreleased phone and how did you get the Pre3?" Haha.
    Freztino likes this.
    Just activated my pre3, was originally activated in the UK on T-mobile. Turned it on (in Canada, on Bell) and i got the update!
    just woke up to find this update ready for install (qwrty pre 3 on uk 02)- seems to be a very slow roll out of this, not sure why.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I didn't know that - thanks, Rod! I can't remember having gotten any TMC errors at all before the 3171 build update but that's just my impression.

Were you deep enough in both builds to speculate what changes were actually wrought?
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I'm not in a rush to read it, it must be something like:

- threshold for Too Many Cards (TMC) error lowered from 50 to 3.

Grrrrrr....anybody else get this ALL THE EFFING TIME now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    I'm not in a rush to read it, it must be something like:

- threshold for Too Many Cards (TMC) error lowered from 50 to 3.

Grrrrrr....anybody else get this ALL THE EFFING TIME now?
    If you're comparing against a Pre 2, it's due to the Pre 3 only having 380MB RAM available to webOS due to the single-chip cellular solution (Pre 2 had a separate cellular chip with it's own RAM).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Installing update now. Will report back if I notice any differences.
    still have "your device is currently up to date" with no 3171 in sight, but with many mentioning the TMC issue im not sure if i would update considering ive not had a single TMC error yet on the older 3165.
    mine as well has not been updated. Activated it on 9/8, no sign of any updates. So far I haven't seen any problems that I would like to get fixed so am not in a big rush.
    same here no signs of update anyway anyone with 3171 any improvements over the 3165?
  12. xpl
    I got the update aswell.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Anyone have a doctor on build 3165? I want to downgrade. I understand Rod's argument, but I get the TMC error all the time now with just memo and Preware open. I can't have THIS many apps with memory leaks!
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    i am still on 3165 and I get TMC all the time with only mail and dr.podder open.

I did install a few patch too.

I assume it is a patch or an app running in the background. I have not figured out what causes it.
    ok just got my Pre 3 today (O2UK), came across this thread and tried the update app and the update is available.

The question now is do I install it or not? From what everyone else says I think not, although it's pretty hard to resist since it feels like eons since I last saw a webos OTA update!
    Yes, the TMC error got worse with the update. But the update made the Pre3 much faster for me, especially when I have many cards open. So I think they changed something with the compcache (maybe disabled it).
    My preference is, that the device tells me, if it's on it's limits and not that it is slowing the system down to uselesness trying to gather some memory using compcache and things like that...

I did not have a TMC error for two days now that I switched from music player remix to amigo and don't have a twitter client running all the time on the phone. That leaves E-Mail, Messaging (with skype and google talk logged in), Facebook, Feeder, Spare Time and Amigo running in the back. And I can still open preware and the app catalog at the same time browsing the app lists and have a look at the weather with wetter.com. That's what all I need right now. And it's fast. As I said, with the apps I'm currently running (minus a music app, had no music on the device at the time I did the update), the device was much more slower and hanging more often before the update. Now it's smooth all the time, and I like that.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Yes, the Pre³ is beautifully responsive. Only the reduction in RAM and user storage space (16 to 8 gigs) stop it short from being true love.

Oh, and the "limited" availability. Any progress on your order for the 16 gig model, Rod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Yes, the Pre³ is beautifully responsive. Only the reduction in RAM and user storage space (16 to 8 gigs) stop it short from being true love.

Oh, and the "limited" availability. Any progress on your order for the 16 gig model, Rod?
    The Australian sites do not have a delivery date. I'm not holding out much hope at this point.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I was under the impression that the 16gb version never got built. Damn. Looks like I jumped in too soon. I do love the pre3 - it's by far the best built of all the phones, but the available ram is quite a flaw. And only 5gb storage is tight.

i'll give the update a whirl, but i'm seriously thinking about going back to my pre2, but that would be an expensive decision! (£300 ouch)
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast