Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    My searches for a changelog to webOS 2.2 build 3171 have been fruitless. However, Bing maps first start after the update took about 30-40 seconds. I was on wifi with a good connection. Subsequent starts are almost instantaneous. Software Mgr says it's Maps version 2.1.5.

I had already used Bing maps a few times (so it wasn't a first start), and I seem to remember that the Options screen was different. I don't believe there was the slide animation, and I think the view choices where laid out in a flat list, not like now, in a drop down. Also, there seems to be a Enyo-like grip on the bottom that I can't remember as having already been there.

In pursuit of this line of analysis, I opened the camera app, whereupon the image froze instantly, and the phone rebooted. Between the two actions, I had just added a gmail account with many contacts and much mail, so it was syncing in the background.

In other news, 2.2's media indexer is instantaneous. Any way to transplant this onto Pre2 and other 2.1 devices?
    I've not had the 3171 update yet and have this latest Bing Maps app. It was issued as a self contained app update, not part of 3171.
    Last edited by hagster; 09/06/2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Wow, Pre 3 screenshots look huge on my PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    I don't know whether this is relevent but I haven't been able to get an OTA update from 2.2.0 build 3165 either. I did notice that unlike the serial numbers quoted on the webos-internals Webos doctor versions page for Pre 3 models (W3RE1XXXXXXX), the serial number for my Pre 3 takes the form W3NE1XXXXXXX. On the Palm Profile Login site it shows my serial number correctly but then states my serial number is "invalid" when I try to download webos doctor.

Two questions: Has anyone else unable to get the OTA update got a W3NE1XXXXXXX serial number?...
    I have W3NE17GBxxxx serial and received the 3171 update around 24hrs after 1st registration

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Just got my first TMC error...only a few hours after receiving the OTA update. Coincidence? Only had browser windows open...no flash.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by todders View Post
    Good point,I actually have a valid hp webos account for my touchpad which I used but no update until I used webos doctor.my wife set a new account up and didn't have a problem. I also notice and this.may be the issue that my phone is set on the palm profile as an orange sim which I used to activate phone but since I have changed to contract 3 sim do you think this may be the reason I couldn't get the ota update?

re-read this and noticed the Orange part, mine was activated/setup with my old Orange sim as well and shows on my palm profile, i still dont have any update.
    Quote Originally Posted by grotevoet View Post
    I have W3NE17GBxxxx serial and received the 3171 update around 24hrs after 1st registration

ser # : W3NE17WBxxxx, Phone Model # : HSTNH-F30CE, Hardware Version A

no update.
    Have you guys tried 'System Updates'? I just got my Pre 3 today and I did not get an automatic notification for an update. But I ran the 'System Updates' app and lo and behold, it made available the update for download, whihc was approx. 11MB.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  7. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Have you guys tried 'System Updates'? I just got my Pre 3 today and I did not get an automatic notification for an update. But I ran the 'System Updates' app and lo and behold, it made available the update for download, whihc was approx. 11MB.
    Yes that's what I did too (W3NE17DBxxxx serial).
    Still getting the "invalid serial number" error when trying to download the WebOS Doctor though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
    Yes that's what I did too (W3NE17DBxxxx serial).
    Still getting the "invalid serial number" error when trying to download the WebOS Doctor though.
    I too am getting the problem with the 'invalid serial number' error. I think this problem is common to all. Anyone here not getting this problem?

No serial numbers are working as far as I know.

Use Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals to get your doctor.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No serial numbers are working as far as I know.

Use Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals to get your doctor.

-- Rod
    I presume there is no way yet, to get a doctor that incorporates the new the update. Is there?

I have a Pre3 but have build 3165 still. I've tried to use the "System Updates" app, but says my phone is up to date and also hit the refresh button but says the same thing. I've also tried restarting my phone and disabling WiFi and using the cellular data, but still says it's up to date.

I'm in the United States and I'm using a American AT&T sim card.

Is their anyway to fix this so I can get the latest build?
    I hope an OTA update will soon be available for the Veer
    can you implement Touch to Share with a Touch Pad?
    good news!
    hope to get this update for my Veer
    can you now use Touch to Share with a TouchPad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    good news!
    hope to get this update for my Veer
    can you now use Touch to Share with a TouchPad?
    Far as I know only works for the Pre3.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hi all

New user here and new WebOS Pre 3 user.

Just got my Pre last Monday and I have already installed Preware and learning the OS. I think it is a brilliant little piece of kit.

My Pre has a serial number of W3NE16UBXXXX, so like others here i do not seem to be able to download WebOS Doctor directly from Palm. I dowloaded the Pre3 doctor from WebOS Internals but I am too scared to use it as the serial numbers are different.

When i first fired up my Pre3 it found an 11MB update which was installed and I am now on 2.2.0. How do you find out which build number you are on?

Any ideas?

M&M
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderJJJ View Post
    I have a Pre3 but have build 3165 still. I've tried to use the "System Updates" app, but says my phone is up to date and also hit the refresh button but says the same thing. I've also tried restarting my phone and disabling WiFi and using the cellular data, but still says it's up to date.

I'm in the United States and I'm using a American AT&T sim card.

Is their anyway to fix this so I can get the latest build?
    You can always doctor.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmalamos View Post
    Hi all

New user here and new WebOS Pre 3 user.

Just got my Pre last Monday and I have already installed Preware and learning the OS. I think it is a brilliant little piece of kit.

My Pre has a serial number of W3NE16UBXXXX, so like others here i do not seem to be able to download WebOS Doctor directly from Palm. I dowloaded the Pre3 doctor from WebOS Internals but I am too scared to use it as the serial numbers are different.

When i first fired up my Pre3 it found an 11MB update which was installed and I am now on 2.2.0. How do you find out which build number you are on?

Any ideas?

M&M
    You should not be scared of the doctor. It works for all ROW Pre 3 devices.

You can tap on the webOS version in the Device Info app to see the build number, or look in /etc/palm-build-info from the device command line.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I'm currently in a very nice HP support chat for the Palm Pre3. The woman keeps telling me that i should just ignore the build and be happy with 3165 cause it is up to date. It I point out that 3171 exists and I need it I get a "we don't offer support for homebrew".

When I asked why some ppl get an update and I don't she just got quite and pointed me to the official doctor page, which, as pointed out before, does not work and gives a "wrong serial number". This is kinda fun :-P

Does the doctor actually contain the newest build?
    Quote Originally Posted by silentguy View Post
    I'm currently in a very nice HP support chat for the Palm Pre3. The woman keeps telling me that i should just ignore the build and be happy with 3165 cause it is up to date. It I point out that 3171 exists and I need it I get a "we don't offer support for homebrew".

When I asked why some ppl get an update and I don't she just got quite and pointed me to the official doctor page, which, as pointed out before, does not work and gives a "wrong serial number". This is kinda fun :-P

Does the doctor actually contain the newest build?
    Never believe anything someone on a phone support line tells you.

The Pre 3 doctor from HP that is linked on our wiki contains build 3171. You can find the build number in the list at the end of the page.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should not be scared of the doctor. It works for all ROW Pre 3 devices.

You can tap on the webOS version in the Device Info app to see the build number, or look in /etc/palm-build-info from the device command line.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod

Checked the palm-build-info and I am pleased to report I am on the 3171 build. It has a date 20110808 so i suspect it is the most recent one.

Thanks for the doctor tip. So far the device is behaving very well so need to doctor it just yet. Good to know the option is there though.

Apart from the keyboard not lighting up when it should and the silly bug with Exchange support where subfolders do not notify you of new emails or even show you when you log in that there are emails there (not too fussed about the notifications - is mostly the unread count i am interested in.), then the phone works great!

If any one can suggest any solutions to the above then I would be very grateful.

M&M
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast