Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    permanent "too many cards error" after update ....

behavior like my pre- with 2.1

grrrrr

Update:

complete restart helped, now its awesome
    Last edited by ineedsome; 09/03/2011 at 01:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Do a complete restart! That helps
    I still have no update showing for my pre 3,my wifes from cpw has the update installed just nothing showing for me.
    im still showing, v2.2.0 - 3165, zero updates.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hello,

just updated this afternoon in France.

Best regards
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    im still showing, v2.2.0 - 3165, zero updates.
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokal View Post
    Same here.
    Since webos doctor has been released I decided to reinstall with that and I now have the update not ota but included in the webos doctor program

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Note that to get an OTA update, you must be logged in to a valid HP webOS Account (Palm Profile).

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that to get an OTA update, you must be logged in to a valid HP webOS Account (Palm Profile).

-- Rod
    Good point,I actually have a valid hp webos account for my touchpad which I used but no update until I used webos doctor.my wife set a new account up and didn't have a problem. I also notice and this.may be the issue that my phone is set on the palm profile as an orange sim which I used to activate phone but since I have changed to contract 3 sim do you think this may be the reason I couldn't get the ota update?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Rod,

I'm using an EU Pre 3 here stateside. There's no OTA update coming my way yet.

I'm logged into a valid HP webOS account I originally created when I got my Pre 2. I added my Touchpad to it in July then my EU Pre 3 the first week it was released in the EU.

Besides the unavailability of the OTA update I am unable to download the doctor from my webOS profile. It says my serial number is not valid.

My Pre 3's device name and Product number don't show up in my webOS profile. Could that be why?

Any idea why and how do I remedy the problem so I'll be able to receive OTA updates or download the doctor from the link in my profile?

Attached Images Attached Images
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Rod,

I'm using an EU Pre 3 here stateside. There's no OTA update coming my way yet.

I'm logged into a valid HP webOS account I originally created when I got my Pre 2. I added my Touchpad to it in July then my EU Pre 3 the first week it was released in the EU.

Besides the unavailability of the OTA update I am unable to download the doctor from my webOS profile. It says my serial number is not valid.

My Pre 3's device name and Product number don't show up in my webOS profile. Could that be why?

Any idea why and how do I remedy the problem so I'll be able to receive OTA updates or download the doctor from the link in my profile?
    I'm using an EU Pre 3 in Australia. I got the OTA as soon as I logged into my normal profile that I have used for Pre,Pre2,Veer,TouchPad.

Being unable to download the Doctor is normal. HP have stuffed that up.

Device name and product number not showing in Profile is normal.

No idea why you are not getting OTA updates.

-- Rod
    I cannot download webOS doctor either from my profile,states invalid serial Number. I downloaded from Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    aye same issues as above and my profile looks just the same as TopTongueBarry's.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Just received the update here: AZERTY, Pre 3 (thus GSM unlocked) purchased through Expansys' lot at 200 EUR a pop. Activated with French SIM card in French market.

The update was offered as OTA. Just to test comments above, I tried getting the latest Doctor through HP too. Same thing: It forced me to login to my Palm Profile (on the website), then in device options, there was the button "Obtain webOS Doctor", but then was sent to the 4 step how to obtain webOS doctor page again that is supposed to ask for your serial number, but tells me my serial number is not valid (in French), with the steps on how to obtain it (in English) and on the left, where I usually see a photo of the Pre 3 and the words "pick again", the image link is broken (HTML doesn't show any filename anyway). Weird.

Ce numéro de série n'est pas valide.
    To get webOS Doctor:

Pick Again1. Log into your Palm Profile
    2. Click 'Device Options'
    3. Click 'webOS Doctor'
    4. Follow the steps to run the software. It will reset your device and install the latest version of webOS.
    Note: I wasn't notified of the 3171 update; I had to use the "Updates" application, which then told me that I could download it.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hello, I'm in the same situation than you : expansys, French SIM and French operator (Orange) and I'm not able to access towebdoctor : Serial Number Invalid.
    HP support told me that they had issue with the servers....I'm not really confident in their answer.

Best regards
    Pré 3 (2.2.0 3171 ) Azerty on Orange-Fr
    Samsung Galaxy GS2
    iPhone 4
    BB Torch 9800
    Ipad 3G 64Go
    HP Touchpad 32Go
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patatorz View Post
    Hello, I'm in the same situation than you : expansys, French SIM and French operator (Orange) and I'm not able to access towebdoctor : Serial Number Invalid.
    HP support told me that they had issue with the servers....I'm not really confident in their answer.

Best regards
    ...aaaand those servers are manufactured by whom? I think the problem with the servers is they don't actually contain the information. The support pages doesn't seem to exist for the Pre 3, or at least you can't choose it in the device selector:

Palm.com : Support
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hello, the support in french exists (Palm.com : Assistance) for this phone. Ok..not a full support but the Pre3 is listed.

What is not listed it is the refund process for the PrPrPré$3$ $that$ $has$ $been$ $removed$ $in$ $France$ : $only$ $available$ $for$ $UK$ !!!
    Pré 3 (2.2.0 3171 ) Azerty on Orange-Fr
    Samsung Galaxy GS2
    iPhone 4
    BB Torch 9800
    Ipad 3G 64Go
    HP Touchpad 32Go
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    My searches for a changelog to webOS 2.2 build 3171 have been fruitless. However, Bing maps first start after the update took about 30-40 seconds. I was on wifi with a good connection. Subsequent starts are almost instantaneous. Software Mgr says it's Maps version 2.1.5.

I had already used Bing maps a few times (so it wasn't a first start), and I seem to remember that the Options screen was different. I don't believe there was the slide animation, and I think the view choices where laid out in a flat list, not like now, in a drop down. Also, there seems to be a Enyo-like grip on the bottom that I can't remember as having already been there.

In pursuit of this line of analysis, I opened the camera app, whereupon the image froze instantly, and the phone rebooted. Between the two actions, I had just added a gmail account with many contacts and much mail, so it was syncing in the background.

In other news, 2.2's media indexer is instantaneous. Any way to transplant this onto Pre2 and other 2.1 devices?
    I don't know whether this is relevent but I haven't been able to get an OTA update from 2.2.0 build 3165 either. I did notice that unlike the serial numbers quoted on the webos-internals Webos doctor versions page for Pre 3 models (W3RE1XXXXXXX), the serial number for my Pre 3 takes the form W3NE1XXXXXXX. On the Palm Profile Login site it shows my serial number correctly but then states my serial number is "invalid" when I try to download webos doctor.

Two questions: Has anyone else unable to get the OTA update got a W3NE1XXXXXXX serial number? and
    Can anyone who has used the 2.2 Webos doctor confirm which build number it gives you?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Everytime i see this thread bumped I get excited about a new release.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast