Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Just received a notification to install webOS 2.2 on my UK Pre3.

Anyone got the same message ?
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Would I get the same update for my Pre 3 here in the US? What was upgraded? Is Facebook finally compatible?
    Quote Originally Posted by hsukirk View Post
    Just received a notification to install webOS 2.2 on my UK Pre3.

Anyone got the same message ?
    It didn't launch with WebOS 2.2??
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Installed & now webOS 2.2.0 3171 is shown..

Not sure about update in other countries. Still cannot download Facebook or any other apps mentioned in another thread.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    It didn't launch with WebOS 2.2??
    I think so but still received this notification on my way to work ?
    Quote Originally Posted by hsukirk View Post
    I think so but still received this notification on my way to work ?
    You're right. I just got the notice myself. It's now downloading...

Edit: Installing ......

Edit: Installed.. Can't figure out yet what has changed.
    Last edited by R00tM0nk; 08/23/2011 at 01:03 AM.
    I hoped with this update my paid apps I use on my Pre2 would show up on my new Pre3 :-(
    Same, installing at this moment - will have a good root round and find out if anything has changed, maybe some of those previous bugs i've found maybe gone
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Been playing/checking for 20 mins & haven't seen any differences.
    Well the Help icon now runs and the topics are available, didn't get that on the previous version as it just went to dead links.
    It will work in other country as well. I'm downloading the 11MB update now in Malaysia.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    It will work in other country as well. I'm downloading the 11MB update now in Malaysia.
    Wow, i thought i'm the only one here in MY using Pre3.
    To clarify (in my case anyway-) shipped with 2.2.0, update is to 2.2.0 3171. Which means this is a very minor update (not even to 2.2.1), doubt there will be new features, wouldn't be surprised if fixing the help file was the only thing it did. Nevertheless, encouraging that HP haven't just firebombed webOS HQ (yet)
    can someone of you pre3 users get the webos doctor online and give it to the webos internals team, so perhaps a pre2/veer webos 2.2. is made possible?

http://ws.hpwebos.com/webosdoctor/hp...berinitial.htm
    Sure, good to see it is now available (wasn't yesterday), but can't do it til 6pm UK time (8 hours from now). If no-one has done it by then let me know!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    can someone of you pre3 users get the webos doctor online and give it to the webos internals team, so perhaps a pre2/veer webos 2.2. is made possible?

Not tht we dun want to. Palm didnt put it up yet. Everytime I tried, it shows my serial number and IMEI correctly but cant identify Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post

Pre 3 serial numbers are not in the database yet.
    It shows Mantaray instead of Pre 3 on the Palm Profile Manage my Device page
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    Pre 3 serial numbers are not in the database yet.
    It shows Mantaray instead of Pre 3 on the Palm Profile Manage my Device page
    ACK. Same since past Friday. Trying to get a WebosDoctor through deviceoptions -->WebosDoctor results in "Error: Sorry, that is not a valid serial number."

Will keep checking every day.
    Just got home and my Pre3 is updating to 2.2.0 3171 as I type.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)