Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I decided to jump the gun and ordered an HP Pre 3 from Handtech. I'm anticipating a price drop for the Pre 3, to about 65 ($108) down from 250 ($411). Hopefully if that does happen, I will get a price adjustment, and if it doesn't I can resell it for a profit because these will sell-out either way.

Here's the link, Handtech seems to have the lowest price ATM: Buy HP Pre 3 Smartphone (SIM Free/Unlocked, Black) Reviews

UPDATE:

I just called Handtec and asked if they would refund the difference if there was a price drop in the UK and they said the will refund the difference!!! $165 Pre 3!!!!!!WHOOO HOOO

UPDATE 2:

Looks like I bought one at the perfect time because Handtec seems to be out of stock, for now, who knows if they'll get more. I will also be getting a price adjustment within the week, but for exactly how much? I'm not sure yet.
    Last edited by rashad1; 08/23/2011 at 10:11 AM.
    Jive Turkey likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I decided to jump the gun and ordered an HP Pre 3 from Handtech. I'm anticipating a price drop for the Pre 3, to about 65 ($108) down from 250 ($411). Hopefully if that does happen, I will get a price adjustment, and if it doesn't I can resell it for a profit because these will sell-out either way.

Here's the link, Handtech seems to have the lowest price ATM: Buy HP Pre 3 Smartphone (SIM Free/Unlocked, Black) Reviews
    I am really considering this too. I looked at their webpage and right in the middle they have a "price match" link. You'd think they'd have a price guarantee. Should I bite the bullet??
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Moderators we already have a god thread going for this stuff please merge this one into it.
    Please search before creating new threads wildly people!
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ults-here.html
    This isn't about how well it will work on at&t 3G, I will be stuck on EDGE anyway because I have T-Mobile
    This isn't about how well it will work on at&t 3G, I will be stuck on EDGE anyway because I have T-Mobile
    Same here. I actually left Sprint because I wanted the Pre3 and thought the best way was by waiting for the unlocked version. I'm still confused if that PC Mag article really meant $75 or if it's 75 pounds or 75 euros. Either way I've set up my alerts on SD waiting to get one.
    I'm anticipating a price drop for the Pre 3, to about 65 ($108) down from 250 ($411). Hopefully if that does happen, I will get a price adjustment, and if it doesn't I can resell it for a profit because these will sell-out either way.
    Their price match policy is as follows:

Price Match

We will match any price on any product(s) seen elsewhere on the Internet ( UK site ONLY) at a lower price. The following conditions apply.

We will require the Link to the Internet site
    Product(s) is not promotional or part of a promotion i.e. Group deals
    The Product(s) is the same and of a current model and not refurbished
    <b>The Product(s) is not from a discontinued line or Clearance</b>
    That the product(s) is not from an auction
    The delivery terms are the same
    Product will need to be in stock at time of price match
    And comes with warranty and support
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Their price match policy is as follows:

Price Match

We will match any price on any product(s) seen elsewhere on the Internet ( UK site ONLY) at a lower price. The following conditions apply.

We will require the Link to the Internet site
    Product(s) is not promotional or part of a promotion i.e. Group deals
    The Product(s) is the same and of a current model and not refurbished
    The Product(s) is not from a discontinued line or Clearance
    That the product(s) is not from an auction
    The delivery terms are the same
    Product will need to be in stock at time of price match
    And comes with warranty and support
    But does HP lowering the retail price = a store discounting/clearancing older stock?
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    But does HP lowering the retail price = a store discounting/clearancing older stock?
    I think it's unreasonable to think otherwise... just that in this case, old stock = new stock = old stock... bizarre!
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    It would not be fair to not honor price adjustments, especially just days after the purchase.
    Last edited by rashad1; 08/22/2011 at 11:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    Discontinued line (not discounting)
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Moderators we already have a god thread going for this stuff please merge this one into it.
    Please search before creating new threads wildly people!
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ults-here.html
    This is two different things right?

Your thread: talking about Att 1900 3g coverage in the states

This thread: talking about how to import a pre 3 from the UK to the states for $75
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    This is two different things right?

Your thread: talking about Att 1900 3g coverage in the states

This thread: talking about how to import a pre 3 from the UK to the states for $75
    It would actually be 75 (~$108) plus shipping
    It would actually be 75 (~$108) plus shipping
    Any idea when this starts??
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Any idea when this starts??
    It could be as soon as tomorrow, the sooner the better. I will be guaranteed to have one, because these will sellout before you can blink, if they do put these on sale that is.
    Discontinued line (not discounting)
    Whoops, that's what I meant.
    It would not be fair to not honor price adjustments, especially just days after the purchase.
    However, the store would probably not honour the price match because the Pre 3 is both discontinued and is on clearance (ie. fire sale)?
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffyen View Post
    However, the store would probably not honour the price match because the Pre 3 is both discontinued and is on clearance (ie. fire sale)?
    If it's from they're own stock, they're not matching another companies prices, and I have two weeks to return the phone if the don't adjust the price after the potential firesale. This is standard practice in the US, and is illegal otherwise. Best Buy put the Beats Pro on sale 2 weeks after I bought them, they had to adjust the price because I was still in my window to return them.
    Yes, but Handtech is a UK store, so they may not follow US practices? Their T&C and at
    Handtec Terms & Conditions

Also, Please note that the Price Match is only valid before or at the time of purchase. We will not match the price after delivery. You will be required to email Customer services : click here regarding the price match
    You're buying from a UK site though, who abide by UK consumer law. That also means that you probably aren't protected by the distance selling regulations that we have over here.

They might be nice to you, but I expect HP refund them the price difference for REMAINING stock, hence they'd be making a huge loss by refunding you.

All I'm saying is, 'don't expect them to refund the difference'.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffyen View Post
    Yes, but Handtech is a UK store, so they may not follow US practices? Their T&C and at
    Handtec Terms & Conditions

Also, Please note that the Price Match is only valid before or at the time of purchase. We will not match the price after delivery. You will be required to email Customer services : click here regarding the price match
    You ordered from Handtec? Sorry I thought Clove. Yeah the Ts&Cs have them covered by the looks of things
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    You ordered from Handtec? Sorry I thought Clove. Yeah the Ts&Cs have them covered by the looks of things
    But it says price match doesn't apply to discontinued or clearances items...
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast