Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Am_I_Evil View Post
    so should i order now for shipping to the US and just hope for the huge discount/refund? or should i wait until they officially announce something?
    We are take any risk by put order now. Because if firesale started, I don't think you will be able to order anymore.. it will be out of stock or maybe the handtec website hammered by many people online at same time.

About the price cut we do hope it will happened soon!
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Betting over $400 on a rumored future refund is just too rich for my blood, I must say. Also if it's a preorder then why Handtec is charging you upfront instead of when it actually ships which is a quasi-standard across the internet? This makes no sense.
    sunsealeo likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by szlevi View Post
    Betting over $400 on a rumored future refund is just too rich for my blood, I must say. Also if it's a preorder then why Handtec is charging you upfront instead of when it actually ships which is a quasi-standard across the internet? This makes no sense.
    You are absolutely correct! But for "WebOS to die for " users, if we don't get any refund, at least we have the "Last" Pre and (maybe) the "Last" WebOS phone.
    sunsealeo likes this.
    Seems I can't login/register on handtec anymore... is this a sign that people already begin the "rush"???
    sunsealeo likes this.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Palm Eurostore is down for hours now, Dynamism is timing out etc - Clove was very smart to disable this item so the "mob" won't bring down their site for nothing...
    sunsealeo likes this.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    "Update Wed 24th 10am : Sorry, No stock will be available for order for the remainder of this week Next Update: Fri 26th 10am. Customer Service staff will not have any further information - it will be communicated directly here on this page."

Since now Palm Eurostore says there's nothing before Friday I guess we can go to sleep...
    Now I can't open handtec website.... I think something really happening

There is message "our store is currently unavailable"
    Handtec's blog just posted that if you have recieved an order confirmation from them, then everything is good, and to just keep checking back with them for stock and pricing updates.

That was about 15 minutes prior to this post of mine.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

sunsealeo likes this.
    woooww.... waiting for new price update!!! following on handtec twiiter since an hour ago!

Hope dream really comes true... firesale pre 3!! if not cancel the order still possible

Nothing to lose here
    Hantec's blog indicates that they are waiting for HP for confirmation of pricing and shipping, and that they are in the same boat as all other UK retailers.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    My Pre 3 is here, my Pre 3 is here!!!

Last edited by rashad1; 08/24/2011 at 08:51 AM.
    LCGuy, slyb and xandros9 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    My Pre 3 is here, my Pre 3 is here!!!

Nice! How is the data speed on t-mobile and where are you located/use it usually?
    I can't wait for mine. Received final confirmation of their credit check (or whatever it's called) last night. I guess I have to figure out what I'm going to do with Sprint...been with them for maybe 14-15 years? iPhone 5 does look tempting...but I love WebOS.

I need to decide if I should use the Pre 3 with AT&T or T-Mobile....
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    Nice! How is the data speed on t-mobile and where are you located/use it usually?
    I can't wait for mine. Received final confirmation of their credit check (or whatever it's called) last night. I guess I have to figure out what I'm going to do with Sprint...been with them for maybe 14-15 years? iPhone 5 does look tempting...but I love WebOS.

I'm stuck on EDGE when I'm not on WiFi, which will suffice for web browsing, Facebook, Twitter, but if you want to stream video fuggetaboutit. I honestly wouldn't leave sprint just for this phone, you will have it for two years tops, then what?

I'm not sure if you have a plan in mind yet but a recommendation I have is to try both using the pay as you go sim. I did this when I had my original Pre but picked up an unlocked Pre 2. I actually found T-Mobile's EDGE speeds to be real good in San Francisco, and the plan was super cheap.
    I just got an email from handtec that they canceled my order (which i placed 2 days ago) b/c they don't have any stock or pricing info from hp.
    :-(
    your order is still in a queue with handtec they are just waiting on stock.
    I just got an email from handtec that they canceled my order (which i placed 2 days ago) b/c they don't have any stock or pricing info from hp.
    :-(
    I'm in the same boat. Just got a email and refund from paypal. I won't be getting my Pre3 after all! And the number they give for customer support i can't call since it's international I suppose.

edit: Found this in my junk mail box. So i may still have a chance for my phone.-

Thank you for your order.

As we cannot confirm HP stock pricing and availability your payment has been refunded. However we will keep your order and its place in our order queue.

As and when stock arrives we will notify you and take your decision to proceed or not.

Updates via www.twitter.com/handtec

Please do not reply to this email.

We apologise for the inconvenience

Thank you

Handtec Customer Services

Edit#2:
    It's a huge mess. HP or handtec put o freeze on all shipments and refunded every one. If you got charged they may contact you to see if you still want the purchase when every thing is cleared to go. Or we may never see the Pre 3 in our hands for those of us who where last minute shoppers.
    Last edited by angelo.55; 08/24/2011 at 01:31 PM.
    I got the same email the only benefit is that we r still in the system in our same order and if and when they get stock thy will contact us. Here's hoping

Ken
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Just put mine out on Ebay for you Americans.
    HP Pre3 unlocked smartphone 8GB | eBay

You're guaranteed to get one this way unless you just want the firesale price.
    xandros9 likes this.
    ive been on edge all day (i know it wont be for a while)
    i honestly hope to get my paws on a Pre3

Microcenter just canceled my Touchpad order
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast