Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 104
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #61  
    sorry I double posted.. did not mean to!
  2. #62  
    Jmirabil a couple questions.

    1. You're using T-Mobile service?
    2. AT&T Pre3?
    3. What version of FreeTether?
    4. Are the two green lights coming on for dhcp server and ip forwarding?
    5. Does your touchpad see your phone as an available network? If not it see other networks?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Jmirabil a couple questions.

    1. You're using T-Mobile service?
    2. AT&T Pre3?
    3. What version of FreeTether?
    4. Are the two green lights coming on for dhcp server and ip forwarding?
    5. Does your touchpad see your phone as an available network? If not it see other networks?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    1)I'm using AT&T service (ATT SIM)
    2)I have an unlocked Pre3, from europe - does HSPA 850mhz no problem
    3)Used current one from about 2 days ago.
    4) Yes, they both illuminate
    5)The touckpad will see the mobile hotspot app, but not the phone with Freetether (cant use both, freetether hides/removed the MHS app.). It does see other networks... Wifi and bluetooth work well on the touchpad, and phone too--verified that both work... just no tethering.

    I have never had so much problems tethering before...why would an unlocked phone restrict tethering? I had an unlocked HTC HD2 T9193 that gave me no trouble at all with the same SIM. It still works well.. sigh...
  4. #64  
    What really puzzles me is this:

    I can use my ATT sim in my HTC HD2 T9193 and get full HSPA speeds and tether all I want in Windows Mobile 6.5 or Android--but this Pre3 wont tether with the native app nor with any addons with the SAME SIM.
    The ****er is that the Pre3 integration with seamless phone and texting passthrough over bluetooth is perfect to the touchpad, far better tha the HD2 to the touchpad (HD2 only passes phone calls, not texts bidirectionally from phone to tablet)

    So I can get either tethering plus phone or phone+texting passthrough bidirectionally to the touchpad but not all three--tethering, phone and texting.

    Anyone else experiencing this? How do you get the pre3 to tether seamlessly with an AT&T SIM with HSPA speeds over bluetooth or Wifi--I'd take either at this point....

    Anyone got phone+data+texting passthrough enabled on the pre3+touchpad? I might try Cyanogenmod CM7 Android on the touchpad, but it probably wont help..

    I am NOT_impressed with the pre3 hotspot function, it seems like junk, it wont work when Bt voice+data passthorugh to the touchpad is active.
  5. #65  
    okay guys, just figured this out and it WORKS. i freaking hate resetting my phone, so i think you all will like this:

    go to freetether and take a screenshot of the tcp/ip prefs or whatever (not sure what they call it, but it has a list of stuff like "server" and stuff like that, lots of IP looking stuff, should be 5.)
    delete freetether to get mobile hotspot back and use the screenshot to fill in the fields of a custom setting for the values it uses to connect based off of the freetether screen, should be in the exact same order with a few fields named differently.
    turn on mobilie hotspot and you should have a connection now that does not require restarting
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickolus442034 View Post
    okay guys, just figured this out and it WORKS. i freaking hate resetting my phone, so i think you all will like this:

    go to freetether and take a screenshot of the tcp/ip prefs or whatever (not sure what they call it, but it has a list of stuff like "server" and stuff like that, lots of IP looking stuff, should be 5.)
    delete freetether to get mobile hotspot back and use the screenshot to fill in the fields of a custom setting for the values it uses to connect based off of the freetether screen, should be in the exact same order with a few fields named differently.
    turn on mobilie hotspot and you should have a connection now that does not require restarting
    Can anyone verify this?
  7. #67  
    can you post your ip settings here?

    i don't have homebrew things installed right now and would like to fix this problem on my pre3.
  8. #68  
    im thinking its different for each carrier? im no expert, but on Bell the prefs in freetether translated perfectly, it connects in a second literally and stays that way.

    this is what i am using (you can see i copied the freetether preferences, which are made available upon use) and it works great. if more people could verify this i think this problem is solved. AT&T just neglected to offer a suitable setting for all carriers i would think...but again i dont even know if that plays into this at ALL.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickolus442034 View Post
    im thinking its different for each carrier? im no expert, but on Bell the prefs in freetether translated perfectly, it connects in a second literally and stays that way.

    this is what i am using (you can see i copied the freetether preferences, which are made available upon use) and it works great. if more people could verify this i think this problem is solved. AT&T just neglected to offer a suitable setting for all carriers i would think...but again i dont even know if that plays into this at ALL.
    If this works will all data still be recognized in the same manner as it is with Freetether?
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
  10. #70  
    Of all things... I retried the newest freetether after seeing the posting by nickolus442034
    that notes that the freetether settings work - and now freetether works, works without encryption and even with wpa2 key set. You need to reboot the phone if you turn the wifi tethering on and off, but thats a minor bug.
    Also nickolus442034 thanks so much for the screenshots - if I remove freetether togo back to the integrated wifi hotspot I will be trying your settings in the screenshots. Great help!

    so EVENTUALLY I'll veirfy your method (when I get aggravaed with having to reboot my phone for freetether to work) - but this is a great find. THANKS!

    Anyone verify the screenshot pics from nickolus442034 settings work well in the standard wifi pre3 mobile hotpsot app, and that the tethering to a touchpad on 3.0.4 can be toggled on and off without rebooting the phone?
    Last edited by jmirabil; 11/14/2011 at 09:08 AM. Reason: forgot more detail..
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmirabil View Post
    Of all things... I retried the newest freetether after seeing the posting by nickolus442034
    that notes that the freetether settings work - and now freetether works, works without encryption and even with wpa2 key set. You need to reboot the phone if you turn the wifi tethering on and off, but thats a minor bug.
    Also nickolus442034 thanks so much for the screenshots - if I remove freetether togo back to the integrated wifi hotspot I will be trying your settings in the screenshots. Great help!

    so EVENTUALLY I'll veirfy your method (when I get aggravaed with having to reboot my phone for freetether to work) - but this is a great find. THANKS!

    Anyone verify the screenshot pics from nickolus442034 settings work well in the standard wifi pre3 mobile hotpsot app, and that the tethering to a touchpad on 3.0.4 can be toggled on and off without rebooting the phone?
    Hey, I was going to ask those two questions. LOL
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
  12. #72  
    lol you guys, it works like a wireless modem, any wifi device will recognize and use it just like with freetether. only difference is you dont have to reboot (unless they fixed that). it is essentially the same service and uses the same data connections and methods as freetether...but more efficiently i would think as freetether is really glitchy in my opinion.
  13. #73  
    toggling works flawlessly, connecting takes a half second and the speeds and connection quality is flawless...downloaded a 250 mb file without any interruptions...try THAT with freetether.
  14. #74  
    and lastly, i would use your preferences that show up in freetether, mine are not guaranteed to work on every phone i dont think...at least double check yours and mine i think.
  15. LurkerX's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #75  
    When I first installed freeTether it didn't work on my AT&T Pre3. I read the forums and just uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled 3x more times. Then it finally started working. No copying of any settings from MHS. Funky.
  16. #76  
    ahhh! you copy the settings from freetether to MHS...if you read the thread you would know that that is the issue i am hoping to solve. MHS is a superior application.

    sorry, i feel like this should be a super simple concept...
  17. #77  
    It did not help for me to use the freetether settings but here is the solution to the problem:

    You need to execute the following commands on your Pre3 via terminal / novacom:

    Code:
    iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE -s 10.1.1.0/24
    iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
    sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
    Note that you have to change 10.1.1.0 to the ip range you use. Important is the ".0" at the end.

    Then it should work. The settings are lost after reboot so you have to write a small script which is executed after startup.

    BTW: with this settings Bluetooth PAN will work again, too.
    Last edited by SebastianHa; 11/15/2011 at 02:44 AM.
  18. #78  
    Here is a try to find out why it works for some people but not for all:

    I doctored my Pre3 to the latest version -> Hotspot does not work out of the box
    A colleague did always OverTheAir Updates, no doctor -> Hotspot does work out of the box

    Could it be that the latest doctor has this bug? (speaking of the 2.2.0 EU doctor)

    Please let me know your configurations and if it works or not.

    To explain the Freetether IP thing: If you have Freetether installed, I think the app will fix this problem while being installed. So just installing Freetether would help, too. Of course you need to enter the same ip settings as freetether uses to make it work.
    Last edited by SebastianHa; 11/15/2011 at 03:03 AM.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickolus442034 View Post
    go to freetether and take a screenshot of the tcp/ip prefs or whatever (not sure what they call it, but it has a list of stuff like "server" and stuff like that, lots of IP looking stuff, should be 5.)
    delete freetether to get mobile hotspot back and use the screenshot to fill in the fields of a custom setting for the values it uses to connect based off of the freetether screen, should be in the exact same order with a few fields named differently.
    turn on mobilie hotspot and you should have a connection now that does not require restarting
    This did not work for me. Getting a connection is not the issue, but no data transfers and the TouchPad simply reports it as a "No Internet connection".

    This is with an AT&T Pre3 - metadoctored with vanilla-att-doctor.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 11/15/2011 at 04:00 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianHa View Post
    It did not help for me to use the freetether settings but here is the solution to the problem:

    You need to execute the following commands on your Pre3 via terminal / novacom:

    Code:
    iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE -s 10.1.1.0/24
    iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
    sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
    Note that you have to change 10.1.1.0 to the ip range you use. Important is the ".0" at the end.

    Then it should work. The settings are lost after reboot so you have to write a small script which is executed after startup.

    BTW: with this settings Bluetooth PAN will work again, too.
    This worked for me and I am now able to get internet working via 'Mobile Hotspot'.

    This is on an AT&T Pre3 - metadoctored with vanilla-att-doctor.

    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianHa View Post
    Then it should work. The settings are lost after reboot so you have to write a small script which is executed after startup.
    Is there anywhere I can turn to for directions on how to write such a script and how to get it to run automatically after a reboot? Thanks.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 11/15/2011 at 03:59 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions