Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wilburjoe View Post
    Are you paying for a tethering plan? If not I would be interested in getting an update in a couple of weeks to see if AT&T can tell that you are using the hotspot for free. Very interesting if it works.
    No i am not using a tethering plan. I am using the unlimited data plan (see my other thread to find out how to get the grandfathered unlimited data yourself).
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    No i am not using a tethering plan. I am using the unlimited data plan (see my other thread to find out how to get the grandfathered unlimited data yourself).
    Yes so using the mobile hotspot app may have AT&T charge you extra for tethering, that's what were concerned about. Freetether shows the data usage as from the phone itself through IP forwarding. Why not use that instead?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Free tether never works reliably for me.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I tried it and it works. I think I will wait to see if anyone else tries it and ATT notices they are doing it.
    I also have the unlimited data plan which I don't want to lose. I use Freetether almost daily and it works great other than always having to reboot the phone when you are done. I would like to find something more reliable.

I wish the developer would update Freetether. I know they are no longer updating it but I would definitely pay for a fully functioning app.
    eyebee127 likes this.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilburjoe View Post
    I also have the unlimited data plan which I don't want to lose. I use Freetether almost daily and it works great other than always having to reboot the phone when you are done. I would like to find something more reliable.

I wish the developer would update Freetether. I know they are no longer updating it but I would definitely pay for a fully functioning app.
    +1
    Just get freetether. It just updated.

Can I use either the Mobile Hotspot or the Free Tether apps to tether to an Android Tablet?
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post

Confirmed. It is a huge improvement over the previous version. My network GiffGaff can see if I use the MobileHotSpot app. I get an automated message from them telling me that it isn't part of my plan. FreeTether seems to work great, although I don't really use it
    Quote Originally Posted by Casion View Post
    Confirmed. It is a huge improvement over the previous version. My network GiffGaff can see if I use the MobileHotSpot app. I get an automated message from them telling me that it isn't part of my plan. FreeTether seems to work great, although I don't really use it
    Do you know if FreeTether work with Android Tablets?
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel959 View Post
    Do you know if FreeTether work with Android Tablets?
    It will work with any device that uses wifi to access the internet.

gabriel959 likes this.
    both freetether and my tether dont work... and the original default built-in hotspot program is now gone. I could tether my HTC HD2 T9193 easily, but this Unlocked Pre 3 just doesnt seem to want to tether. I am trying to get my touchpad 16Gb to get internet through the Pre 3.. why doesnt this work??? Anyone get this to work?

Anyone have a similar experience??? please help...
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Has anyone verified that the memory leak / need to reset after using has been fixed?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    Has anyone verified that the memory leak / need to reset after using has been fixed?
    All works fine for me now since the updates, no need to restart/reset
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    I have a pre3 and mytether doesnt work well at all to tether the touchpad - it says it works for bluetooth and also for wifi, but I cant get either to work--I'd prefer to tether with bluetooth...

What are the settings to freetether tether via wifi and bluetooth on the pre3 to the touchpad? This is what I need to tether.

Please help.... thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by jmirabil View Post
    I have a pre3 and mytether doesnt work well at all to tether the touchpad - it says it works for bluetooth and also for wifi, but I cant get either to work--I'd prefer to tether with bluetooth...

What are the settings to freetether tether via wifi and bluetooth on the pre3 to the touchpad? This is what I need to tether.

You shouldnt need to do anything except configure your SSID and passphrase for wifi. I dont bother with bluetooth cause it looks like too much trouble and the transfer rates would suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmirabil View Post

That sounds simple enough - but I just tried it and unfortunatel, after I set the ssid to the default aonet and set an 8 didigt alphanumeric passcode, then the "Enabling WiFi Tethering..." option just shows an endlessly spinning rotating indicator....

I sure wish this worked...
    AT&T unlocked on sg carrier, MHS does not work. It's shown connected.
    tried freethether and still same.
    re-install and try again, with both usb and wifi still the same. Always showing connected. But ...
    I thought I need to reboot and the phone stuck at hp logo... And I've to restore...
    I'm using fedora 14.
    Quote Originally Posted by BagyiDaw View Post
    AT&T unlocked on sg carrier, MHS does not work. It's shown connected.
    tried freethether and still same.
    re-install and try again, with both usb and wifi still the same. Always showing connected. But ...
    I thought I need to reboot and the phone stuck at hp logo... And I've to restore...
    I'm using fedora 14.
    EXACTLY! I have the same problem with my pre3 - Mobile HotSpot shows connected but cannot tether! Gives a warning the first time with my unlocked SIM from my HD2 T9193 (which tethers perfectly with the same sim on an unlimited data plan) then will connect but not tether.
    Tried freetether - wont work, donated to that but no help
    tried mytether - wont work, even paid for that and no help
    (p.s. add "My Home Keyboard" to my list of paid/unsupported apps that are junk on the Pre3, the keyboard is misformatted!)

Pardon me, getting back to the tetherng--but how am I to tether the Touchpad to the pre3? Nothing works! How does anyone tether a pre3 to a touchpad? I'd love to know exactly how...it should work, but it doesn't... Why is tethering so hard to the touchpad, was not the pre3 DESIGNED to work with the touchpad? Thx...
    My Pre3 doesnt work for tethering either with mobile hotspot..this is frustrating.

Mobile HotSpot shows connected but cannot tether! Gives a warning the first time with my unlocked SIM from my HD2 T9193 (which tethers perfectly with the same sim on an unlimited data plan) then will connect but not tether.
    Tried freetether - wont work, donated to that but no help
    tried mytether - wont work, even paid for that and no help
    (p.s. add "My Home Keyboard" to my list of paid/unsupported apps that are junk on the Pre3, the keyboard is misformatted!)

Pardon me, getting back to the tetherng--but how am I to tether the Touchpad to the pre3? Nothing works! How does anyone tether a pre3 to a touchpad? I'd love to know exactly how...it should work, but it doesn't... Why is tethering so hard to the touchpad, was not the pre3 DESIGNED to work with the touchpad? Thx...

How exactly did this work for you guys? Are you sure it actualy tethered, or you just saw the "connected" message from mobile hotspot anf the client touchpad reported as connected--but wont yield usable web access....
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast