Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By akshunj
  • 2 Post By Mize
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    All of the sites coming in the Google real time search are linking back to the original PCmag article. If HP made it official, why not just reference the HP press release? I'm calling BS, not buying it...
    Last edited by akshunj; 08/22/2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Called it "PC World" by mistake
    jcohengd likes this.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Look at the lame source they give in the end of the article:

"HP said they'll send along a link when the Pre 3 sale goes live."

WDF kind of source is that? That's poor journalism at best and just so they can be the first to say "We told you so?"

HP Pre 3 Cancelled in U.S., Will Sell for $75 In Europe | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    Last edited by akshunj; 08/22/2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: stupid first amendment violating filters...
    Hoping you are right! I've wanted one since I got to play with it in February... hoping that they'll just sell them direct to devs and others from their website...
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Seriously, I researched every news article coming up in the google "last hour" search for "HP Pre 3." They all reference back to the PCMag article, or an article that does reference back to PCMag. PCMag doesn't even provide a credible source. I'm calling BS until I see proof-positive.

I don't feel like the odds of getting a Pre 3 in the US are good, but like a good umpire I'm calling it as I see it...
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Nothing official from HP:

HP Newsroom: News releases
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    There is no need for a press release, as there was never an announced release of the Pre3 in the US
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Still not convinced, where's the Q&A session, video, audio, anything?
    Even if they sell it in the US, it will be sold out within minutes.

Then, a day later, ten thousand units arrive on ebay for 200% of HP's price.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Even if they sell it in the US, it will be sold out within minutes.

Then, a day later, ten thousand units arrive on ebay for 200% of HP's price.
    LOL and I'll probably buy one.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I'm thinking maybe we can flashmob HP head quarters until Leo agrees to sell the unlocked Pre 3 in the US. Bwahahahaha (kidding kidding don't delete)
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    “Pre3 is being launched in very selective areas,” DeWitt said. “We’re not broadly launching Pre3.”
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    I'm thinking maybe we can flashmob HP head quarters until Leo agrees to sell the unlocked Pre 3 in the US. Bwahahahaha (kidding kidding don't delete)
    Just make sure you don't end up like this guy
    Last edited by ap3604; 08/22/2011 at 10:05 PM.