Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Is there anywhere selling the pre3 at the discounted price in the U.K.?
    Seen that france and germany are selling it for $75.
    It's difficult enough to get one at full price.

I ordered one from Palm Eurostore at £299 last Wednesday and still don't have shipping confirmation despite multiple chasers. Good luck getting a discounted one.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I suspect that shipping to Australia will be even harder still...
    Quote Originally Posted by pangi View Post
    I suspect that shipping to Australia will be even harder still...
    Not at all. Mine is on the way from Handtec.co.uk
    Are any of these sites shipping over seas? Say, America! And in English so i know what the heck I'm doing!
  6.    #6  
    was handtec.co.uk for the discounted price?
    when i went to the website it was ful price.. not for paying that when it is so discounted in france and germany
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Not at all. Mine is on the way from Handtec.co.uk
    So is mine! Back to the Virgin SIM again
    When is this fire sale starting in the uk?? I am antsy as an american waiting to get my hands on this thing
    I hope it starts this week and I can get fast shipping. My friend is coming to Canada this weekend from the UK...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  10. aFo
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Who would have thought we would ever have to fight it out for webOS products hahah
    pangi likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by afo3262 View Post
    Who would have thought we would ever have to fight it out for webOS products hahah
    ROFL... A little off subject, but... I'm checking for a good deal on a touchpad, (have 1 on order @ onSale, but that's a 50/50 chance of getting) and a friend who isn't into webOS winds up getting one from B&N... There's just no justice for the faithful.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by afo3262 View Post
    Haha I was thinking the same exact thing...man if only HP knew what they were doing and come mid
    September they say "gotcha!". Two cliches come to mind:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder
    People always want what they can't have.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    ROFL... A little off subject, but... I'm checking for a good deal on a touchpad, (have 1 on order @ onSale, but that's a 50/50 chance of getting) and a friend who isn't into webOS winds up getting one from B&N... There's just no justice for the faithful.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    In the line at HN I was demonstrating WebOS to a bunch of people on my PRE-...their eyes glazed over. I don't know what they are expecting.

...and yes even more off topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by pangi View Post
    In the line at HN I was demonstrating WebOS to a bunch of people on my PRE-...their eyes glazed over. I don't know what they are expecting.

...and yes even more off topic.
    I'm really sorry to bring a little reality upon you, but nobody, no one, will be impressed by a Pre-. Nobody. And the only thing on WebOS that can surprise people is the card interface, the rest of the apps are at best on par (most aren't) with iOS and Android apps (or Windows Phone 7, but I doubt most people have seen it).
    Quote Originally Posted by augustofretes View Post
    And the only thing on WebOS that can surprise people is the card interface
    Yeah!

Just Type and Exhibition mode and unobtrusive notifications and inductive charging and a cohesive, unified UI are for chumps!
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Yeah!

Just Type and Exhibition mode and unobtrusive notifications and inductive charging and a cohesive, unified UI are for chumps!
    1) Just type won't surprise people, sorry.

2) The notification system on WebOS 2.x (it's much better on 3.x) won't surprise people either, in fact, it's a little annoying, since it forces you to swipe them off-screen in order to get your full screen real state back, Android/iOS 5.x notification system is much better.

3) "Cohesive, unified UI (whatever bunch of design elements you could be referring to)" won't suprise anybody who has ever seen an iOS device. Synergy could be something to surprise people (who haven't seen WP7, which is most people), but not like "wow", more like "that's cool".

4) Inductive charging + Exhibition, this one is yours. But since it isn't included out of the box, I didn't consider it.
    Quote Originally Posted by augustofretes View Post
    1) Just type won't surprise people, sorry.
    Disagree. Disproved many times by me, whenever someone asks about my Veer. Oh, and forgot "smallest smartphone in North America."

2) The notification system on WebOS 2.x (it's much better on 3.x) won't surprise people either, in fact, it's a little annoying, since it forces you to swipe them off-screen in order to get your full screen real state back, Android/iOS 5.x notification system is much better.
    You want to argue based on your subjective opinions of the notification system's worth? You don't think a current iOS user would be surprised that there's a platform out there that doesn't interrupt you every time you get a notification?

FWIW, having used Android and iOS, webOS is the best one I've come across, as it doesn't stupidly force you to stretch your thumb all the way to the top of the screen to handle/dismiss. Personally I find webOS 2.x "much better." Which one of us will have our opinion proven correct? Why are we even discussing this?

3) "Cohesive, unified UI" won't suprise anybody who has ever seen an iOS device. Synergy could be something to surprise people (who haven't seen WP7, which is most people), but not like "wow", more like "that's cool".
    Granted.

Point is, I think you're right about no one being impressed by the Pre- hardware, but I also think you're selling the platform short.
    Disagree. Disproved many times by me, whenever someone asks about my Veer. Oh, and forgot "smallest smartphone in North America."
    I would really to love see the sells of the Veer, so we could see how surprised people were, granted, they could be surprised as in "that's small... but I want that other smartphone". I don't understand how "Just Type" will impress people who have seen iOS, I really don't. I know it does more, really, but I don't think it's sufficient to impress (to make people say "wow").

You want to argue based on your subjective opinions of the notification system's worth? You don't think a current iOS user would be surprised that there's a platform out there that doesn't interrupt you every time you get a notification?

FWIW, having used Android and iOS, webOS is the best one I've come across, as it doesn't stupidly force you to stretch your thumb all the way to the top of the screen to handle/dismiss.
    No. It isn't subjective. It does take real screen state, which you won't ever recover until you swipe them off, even more, this design decision was made for a smartphone platform which has consistently being available on small screen devices (worse: low resolution devices). On Android and iOS 5.x, you get notifications, unobtrusive notifications, and you can access them any time you want without losing screen real state.

This is fact, not a subjective matter. WebOS notification system is better than WP7 (on some aspects) and iOS <5, but not than Android and iOS 5, nor will it surprise anybody, since Android has been around for ages now.

Point is, I think you're right about no one being impressed by the Pre- hardware, but I also think you're selling the platform short.
    I'm not. I'm not saying the platform is inferior, but it hardly has anything to surprise people (the card interface was *the* wow factor), people will more likely be unsurprised by the performance and laggy animations, I dare you to open Google Maps in front of people.

The platform as a whole had potential, a lot, and was decently good (I was in loved with WebOS, but the rest of the platforms moved forward, WebOS was almost there back then, it's far from there now) but it never lost the beta feel, it always felt feature incomplete, accompanied by lack luster hardware and subpar performance.
    Last edited by augustofretes; 08/23/2011 at 03:02 AM.
    I don't mean to be all moddish and break up a good discussion, but this thread is for the Pre3 sale in the UK, not discussions about the relative merits of the pre-.

All these thread updates with no related information are making me nervous!
    I don't think I can stay up any longer...
    Mblake118 likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast