Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. rs1
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanaka View Post
    I was about to order but fraud detection stopped my card twice. I guess it's a sign. Will stick with the Eurostore whom incidentally, i have just gotten Order Confirmation from.
    Mine failed too but that was because their SagePay system apparently adds your title to the "Name" field for the credit card details...
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I was about to order but fraud detection stopped my card twice. I guess it's a sign. Will stick with the Eurostore whom incidentally, i have just gotten Order Confirmation from.
    Don't worry, handtech is clean
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    No i meant a sign to stick with Eurostore seeing as Handtec won't honor the pricematch if the item already shipped...not that Handtec is fraudulent. I've bought from them before.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I just called Handtec and they said they will be refunding the difference as soon as they get word from HP!!!
    awesome i just ordered one from handtec too!!
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    ...seeing as Handtec won't honor the pricematch if the item already shipped...
    That's not true, I called back again and they said they would refund the difference even after it was shipped. They are just waiting for the word from HP
  6. Hem
    Clove have got the following message on the site:

RUMOURED PRICE DROP - AWAITING CONFIRMATION - WE WILL HOLD ALL ORDERS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE - DECISION EXPECTED BY 5PM TONIGHT
    Official update from Handtec.
    Cheap HP Touchpads and Pre3 | Handtec Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by Hem View Post
    Clove have got the following message on the site:

RUMOURED PRICE DROP - AWAITING CONFIRMATION - WE WILL HOLD ALL ORDERS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE - DECISION EXPECTED BY 5PM TONIGHT
    SWEET! Wait...so what does that mean exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    SWEET! Wait...so what does that mean exactly?
    I just called Clove they said they were out of stock and are waiting to see if HP will make any available to them
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I just called Clove they said they were out of stock and are waiting to see if HP will make any available to them
    Not so sweet...
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    based on Handtec's post (link a few posts up), it seems that the best chance of getting a discounted device is from HP itself. not that handtec/clove/box are going to swindle you, but they may be beaten to the stock by some dodger traders.

hopefully HP finds they have a heart and do their best to avoid that happening.
    Yeah...so I just ordered from Handtec. Hopefully this works out. Worst case scenario I cancel my order or send it back.
    Got confirmation from HP Eurostore an hour ago (in my spam folder, only saw it just now). Still the original price though...
    Just called Handtec.

They said they will pass on refund if within 7 days of order and that they are negotiating with HP to refund at the moment.

Kind of up to HP. However, they've done it with everyone else.
    Here's the response I got back from Handtec. Not too different than the above:

Thank you for your email

Unfortunately there is no price change on the HP Pre 3 or any information there will be in the next few days. However we are in talks with HP distribution and if they price protect our current stock we will pass the saving on to our customers.
    If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this ticket.

As always, it is our pleasure to assist in any way possible!

Thank you
    Handtec Customer Services
    Redirecting...
    I wish there was a reminder that would ring my phone as soon as the price dropped..
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Clove have disabled buy option on their site
    I hope they get this sorted out... my friend's leaving in a few days.
    Handtec is sold out and so is HP's Euro store.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    e-ShopBrokers are claiming to have stock of the Pre 3 at 73.36.

Not sure whether they do have any, but it might be worth a punt.
    Richard

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast