Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    I don't think I can stay up any longer...
    Yep, 9am has come and gone with an ominous... dunno... lack of anything remotely interesting happening. Kudos for staying up!
    Yeah, I would really like to get a Pre 3, just because at that price point it's impossible not to be tempted by it. In fact, I hope there's another Touchpad fire sale, since I would gladly buy one (I won't pay more than 200, for obvious reasons), even if the platform is dead.
    Picked up a couple of discounted TouchPad's yesterday for me and the wife. A couple of Pre 3 will go nicely with them. Getting a bit bored of the iPhone 4 and was considering changing to a new OS anyway. This price drop couldn't have come a t a better time.

Let's hope there is a bit more info and bit more calm this time!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Placed an order with Clove Technology and they just told me that they would refund to the discounted amount...if they can get stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by pangi View Post
    Placed an order with Clove Technology and they just told me that they would refund to the discounted amount...if they can get stock.
    you think this would apply to their touchpads as well??
    Ditto + Touchpad.

After fighting with PCWorld,Dixons etc the process was smooth as butter.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Anyone know if Palm Eurostore and Handtec will do difference-refund too?
    Last edited by kanaka; 08/23/2011 at 06:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kanaka View Post
    Don't know about Handtec. I'm quietly hopeful that HP will refund the retailers for ALL units (including sold ones) at the reduced price, hence that will allow them to pass on the discount.

Palm Eurostore have already said they will hold all orders and then send once the discount is confirmed, charging only then.
  9. Hem
    Just spoke to them and they are saying that they would honour a price drop but they've not had confirmation from their suppliers. Makes it sound relatively risky although unlikely that they would be the only people charging full price I guess. Think I'm gonna sit on the fence until they announce a price drop...
    Last edited by Hem; 08/23/2011 at 07:05 AM.
    ...and got the confirmation. However, no mention of reduction yet. Do you think it will come later? The TP were reduced at 4pm uk summertime.

Oh, maybe slightly off topic but I've had no luck getting a TP...went into Currys and was with three other people...one of the ladies asking for it didn't even know what it was. The others were guys who thought "it's no way better than the ipad but it's cheap innit ". Turns out they were completely put of stock. Seriously, I'm being beaten to it by a bunch of ****tards who don't even know what they are buying. I suppose I'm just bitter.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I just called Handtec and they said they will be refunding the difference as soon as they get word from HP!!!
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Really? Well i ordered from the Eurostore anyway. Still no confirmation there though so maybe i should still give Handtec a shot.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Really? Well i ordered from the Eurostore anyway. Still no confirmation there though so maybe i should still give Handtec a shot.
    buy two lol
    I called too, I can confirm that also. They will refund as soon as HP do so, but If HP doesn't refund them, you won't can't do anything about it.
    Just got off the phone with handtec. The rep said they could not honor prices on items that already shipped. Beware.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with handtec. The rep said they could not honor prices on items that already shipped. Beware.
    Mine hasn't shipped yet. I'm not worried eitherway, I'm sure they would adjust the price, the Rep I spoke to asked a manager, they said they're just waiting on the word from HP. Which looks like will happen today because the Palm Eurostore is selling these at 100
    Last edited by rashad1; 08/23/2011 at 07:39 AM.
  17. rs1
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I was about to click the final 'Proceed' button when I saw this. Phew. Ordering with Clove instead.
    He also said it might take up to the end of the week to get a deal with HP done. That could just be then cocering their butts though
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    I was about to order but fraud detection stopped my card twice. I guess it's a sign. Will stick with the Eurostore whom incidentally, i have just gotten Order Confirmation from.
    Confirmation e-mail from palm store finally received... Just really slow!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast