Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
  2. #2  
    yep im going to buy one from the u.k when they go on sale and use it on att
  3.    #3  
    Let me know about that. I am interested.
  4. #4  
    They haven't ruled out Canada yet!!!!
  5. ap3604's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    #5  
    How can you go about buying one of these from the U.K. And importing them to the states?
    VCI_Cell likes this.
  6. #6  
    So then the CDMA unit submitted for testing was a one-off, and no other CDMA ones were ever built? Or are they just going to melt them down?

    I had (jokingly) said that the reason for no carrier announcements was that the Pre3 didn't exist.

    Was I accidentally right?
  7. #7  
    I have to imagine they'd sell like crazy in the US for $75, unlocked. Could potentially have something to do with a possible future partner for licensing WebOS.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    yep im going to buy one from the u.k when they go on sale and use it on att
    Don't rush out to buy one just yet.
    I'd follow this thread for a couple of days before making any decisions:

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ults-here.html
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  9. #9  
    The CDMA ESN would need to be registered for this to work on Big Red or Sprint. Same reason a Pre 2 (CDMA) can't be used on Sprint. You could in theory have someone in the UK buy one and ship it over and probably use it on T-Mobile or AT&T and for 75$ thats an AWESOME off contract phone.

    Also like to here some UKers whine about how they never get anything or get things late now. *sigh*
  10. #10  
    Yah!!!!!! The death of Palm is sweet!
  11. Hobbz's Avatar
    Posts
    273 Posts
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    #11  
    hrmmmm.... so there's no way to have a Franken-Pre3 on Sprint in the US.

    drat


    Guess I'll have to stick with the Pre2 plan then. Igor has the lab all ready to perform the surgery.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    Guess I'll have to stick with the Pre2 plan then. Igor has the lab all ready to perform the surgery.
    My plan exactly. Jump over to the Pre 2 forum and call the HP Bus. number and get a Pre 2 for $49. I just did.

    http://forums.precentral.net/3086985-post112.html
  13. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #13  
    how about CDMA on Boost?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I have to imagine they'd sell like crazy in the US for $75, unlocked. Could potentially have something to do with a possible future partner for licensing WebOS.
    If it was because of licensing and don't want it to step on the new phones' toes, they wouldn't sell in Europe either.
  15. #15  
    I just talked HP Small and Medium Business and Ordered a Pre2. My original Pre- is fading fast and it will be great to have a new phone with better hardware and faster performance.
  16. #16  
    Hi all,

    here is a little more info. See link.

    Take care,

    Jay

    Palm Pre 3 Skips The US; Sees Dramatic Dip In Price

    By: Rahul Srinivas Aug 11

    http://onlygizmos.com/palm-pre-3-ski...price/2011/08/

    After the unbeatable $99 deal on the HP Touchpad, itís time to turn our attention to the top of the line smartphone from HP, the Pre 3. HP has decided to slash the price of the Pre 3 in both France and UK by a significant amount. The devices, which until now sold for 349 Euros in France and 299 GBP in Britain (both roughly equal to $500), will now go for a mere $75. Thatís right! I tell you, thatís sheer value for money for a phone of that caliber.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  17. zemoffm's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #17  
    man this is such crap. they have to have a whole bunch sitting somewhere all ready for ATT or unlocked. right? right?
  18. #18  
    i know it sucks i want one so bad
  19. #19  
    I've never been so disappointed in an inanimate object or company before in my life...
    I was set to receive the Pre 2 back in November for winning the "Next Palm Phone Mock-Up" contest, and I waited and waited because Verizon hadn't released it. Right before the HP event in February, I emailed Dieter and asked if it would be okay to wait for one of the devices that would be announced at the event, and he had no problem with it. I was so excited when they announced the Pre 3, its everything I want in a phone. So I let him know that the Pre 3 was the one I wanted, and he told me to just remind him when it was released and they'd send one to me. So I waited and waited, always seeing rumors that it was finally coming, but they never panned out, and then HP decided to cancel all webOS hardware last week. No Pre 3 for US! Now I'm going to miss my dream phone because HP won't release it in the US. I would have even paid for it, but oh well. HP killed all of my faith in them.

    Hopefully I can work something out with Derek regarding my prize.

    My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhughes719 View Post
    I've never been so disappointed in an inanimate object or company before in my life...
    I was set to receive the Pre 2 back in November for winning the "Next Palm Phone Mock-Up" contest, and I waited and waited because Verizon hadn't released it. Right before the HP event in February, I emailed Dieter and asked if it would be okay to wait for one of the devices that would be announced at the event, and he had no problem with it. I was so excited when they announced the Pre 3, its everything I want in a phone. So I let him know that the Pre 3 was the one I wanted, and he told me to just remind him when it was released and they'd send one to me. So I waited and waited, always seeing rumors that it was finally coming, but they never panned out, and then HP decided to cancel all webOS hardware last week. No Pre 3 for US! Now I'm going to miss my dream phone because HP won't release it in the US. I would have even paid for it, but oh well. HP killed all of my faith in them.

    Hopefully I can work something out with Derek regarding my prize.
    Get this man an iPhone 5 when it comes out and be done with it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions