Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 196
Like Tree23Likes
  1. #81  
    Well it looks like none of this matters for me. From what I have been reading, it appears I will have no chance of getting a Pre3 EU or NA unless I manage to snag one one ebay for a rediculous price. The stock is out there, but apparently HP wanted to see if they could ****** over the webOS faithful one last time by hoarding the stock.

    BTW, where the hell are all of the AT&T and Verizon models? Surely HP produced SOME of these models. Are the just going to destroy them? Why not sell these at firesale prices so that the remaining webOS users who were itching to get this device can have some type of resolution to the soap-opera drama that has been webOS since HP took over?

    Why can't HP do this one simple thing to make this group of passionate, faithful users happy for once. After the endless string of disappointment HP wove over the past 9 months, this is the least they could do.

    Is it because the carriers would throw a fit? If that is the reason...who cares! The same carriers that showed zero interest in webOS devices since the beginning?

    If the carriers don't want webOS devices, f-em'. Sell these devices directly to the consumer. Its about time consumers got to choose both the carrier AND the device they wanted to use.

    Screw HP. Palm may have screwed up by running out of money, but at least they gave a ***** about the users.

    Sorry for the rant and sorry for any typos...this was written from this garbage android phone I'm using.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticalman2 View Post
    .....Sorry for the rant and sorry for any typos...this was written from this garbage android phone I'm using.
    Unit 4 likes this.
  3. dexter122
    dexter122's Avatar
    #83  
    point well taken
  4. rhp525i's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticalman2 View Post
    Well it looks like none of this matters for me. From what I have been reading, it appears I will have no chance of getting a Pre3 EU or NA unless I manage to snag one one ebay for a rediculous price. The stock is out there, but apparently HP wanted to see if they could ****** over the webOS faithful one last time by hoarding the stock.

    BTW, where the hell are all of the AT&T and Verizon models? Surely HP produced SOME of these models. Are the just going to destroy them? Why not sell these at firesale prices so that the remaining webOS users who were itching to get this device can have some type of resolution to the soap-opera drama that has been webOS since HP took over?

    Why can't HP do this one simple thing to make this group of passionate, faithful users happy for once. After the endless string of disappointment HP wove over the past 9 months, this is the least they could do.

    Is it because the carriers would throw a fit? If that is the reason...who cares! The same carriers that showed zero interest in webOS devices since the beginning?

    If the carriers don't want webOS devices, f-em'. Sell these devices directly to the consumer. Its about time consumers got to choose both the carrier AND the device they wanted to use.

    Screw HP. Palm may have screwed up by running out of money, but at least they gave a ***** about the users.

    Sorry for the rant and sorry for any typos...this was written from this garbage android phone I'm using.
    Great message! But all we can do is wait to see if the carriers will do anything. I've been trying to port a webOS theme to my IPhone 4. How pathetic is that? If you find a reasonable price on one in the coming days, let me know.
  5. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Doubt a doctor for the US ATT Pre 3 will ever see the light of day. Eventually we should see a doctor for the EU Pre 3.
    That one doctor and the modem flasher being used by the Android community to enable the 850 spectrum on the Galaxy 9000 S should be all we need to put together what changes to make.
    Crossing my eyes, toes AND fingers.
    Can you post a link to the modem flasher?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  6. #86  
    I'm very interested in knowing if any have gotten a pre3 running in Canada, specifically on the bell network, on there 1900 mhz 3G band. I have source in the UK able to get me a pre3, but I'm holding back as there may be network issues
  7. #87  
    I am in Canada and have just received a UK Pre3 from Handtec . In Nova Scotia. I am currently using a CDMA Pre on the Bell network. Have not been able to test the Pre3 yet but if you go to Canadian Cellular Towers Map you will see that the Bell network does not have consistent 1900 coverage, only 850. Rogers, however, has pretty good 1900 coverage. Don't know how reliable the above website is. I am going to test on both networks. Would be best if someone could hack the Pre3 modem to turn on both frequencies. This will make the Pre3 viable in Canada.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggiffin View Post
    I am in Canada and have just received a UK Pre3 from Handtec . In Nova Scotia. I am currently using a CDMA Pre on the Bell network. Have not been able to test the Pre3 yet but if you go to Canadian Cellular Towers Map you will see that the Bell network does not have consistent 1900 coverage, only 850. Rogers, however, has pretty good 1900 coverage. Don't know how reliable the above website is. I am going to test on both networks. Would be best if someone could hack the Pre3 modem to turn on both frequencies. This will make the Pre3 viable in Canada.
    We're waiting on the webOS Doctor for the EU Pre 3. We have the Android flasher for the Samsung galaxy 9000 S available but without the webOS doctor, which contains the modem flasher for the Pre 3, hacking the android flasher for the samsung 9000 s so it will run on a Pre 3 is risky at best.

    Question I have to ask those wanting the d/l link for the Android modem flasher hack at this juncture is are you really willing to risk bricking your one and only Pre 3 that works pretty darn good with just 1900 MHz for 3G in the USA by running an Android hack modem flashing routine on it?

    I didn't think so. Even if you have money to burn, it's not like the Pre 3 device is readily available for easy replacement.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  9. #89  
    I agree, perhaps I should have chosen my words more carefully. Patching (rather than hacking) the Pre3 using the doctor is the preferred solution. I look forward to the availability of the UK Pre3 doctor.
  10. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #90  
    Once we have a doctor I'll be willing to try a few things
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  11. jbcross's Avatar
    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhp777 View Post
    I am new to this forum, but thanks for your informative review of pre 3 in US. I am in upstate New York and wonder if it is worth getting the EU pre 3. Since you are an Att employee, I suppose you could answer my question best.

    Can I swap out my microsim from IPhone 4 via microsim adapter and still use it for the pre 3. Is it worth it since I still have almost a year left on contract?
    On the left is a micro sim from an iPhone, the one on the right is a standard one. In the center is a tray you get lots of places for about 1.00 ea. - Amazon.com: AFC Trident Micro SIM Card Adapter for Apple iPad and iPhone 4: Electronics

    Works great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
  12. #92  
    Man! I want to get my hands on a EU Pre 3.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggiffin View Post
    I am in Canada and have just received a UK Pre3 from Handtec . In Nova Scotia. I am currently using a CDMA Pre on the Bell network. Have not been able to test the Pre3 yet but if you go to Canadian Cellular Towers Map you will see that the Bell network does not have consistent 1900 coverage, only 850. Rogers, however, has pretty good 1900 coverage. Don't know how reliable the above website is. I am going to test on both networks. Would be best if someone could hack the Pre3 modem to turn on both frequencies. This will make the Pre3 viable in Canada.
    Looks to me that if you are on Rogers, then the EU Pre 3 with 1900 MHz UMTS is a viable solution in Canada!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Looks to me that if you are on Rogers, then the EU Pre 3 with 1900 MHz UMTS is a viable solution in Canada!
    Depends on your area. In Winnipeg, I find that the 1900MHz towers are too convenient for me. No 3G coverage at home or at the University of Manitoba. However there are a few places I have gotten 3G reception. But given how frequent 2G is in my neighbourhood, I've decided to set my Pre3 to 2G-only, to save battery life. I have wifi at most of the places i visit anyway, so it's not a big deal for data anyway.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggiffin View Post
    I am in Canada and have just received a UK Pre3 from Handtec . In Nova Scotia. I am currently using a CDMA Pre on the Bell network. Have not been able to test the Pre3 yet but if you go to Canadian Cellular Towers Map you will see that the Bell network does not have consistent 1900 coverage, only 850. Rogers, however, has pretty good 1900 coverage. Don't know how reliable the above website is. I am going to test on both networks. Would be best if someone could hack the Pre3 modem to turn on both frequencies. This will make the Pre3 viable in Canada.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $Bell$ $is$ $CDMA$, $and$ $the$ $pre3$ $is$ $GSM$. $Let$ $me$ $know$ $if$ $you$ $get$ $it$ $to$ $work$ $as$ $I$ $am$ $also$ $on$ $Bell$, $but$ $was$ $willing$ $to$ $switch$ $to$ $Rogers$ $if$ $Handtec$ $ever$ $gets$ $me$ $a$ $pre3$. $Rogers$ $is$ $GSM$.
    Last edited by tony20; 09/02/2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: typo
  16. #96  
    Bell Canada implemented a brand new HSPA network in 2009 but it appears to operate exclusively on the 850 frequency. If we can get the Pre3 to be dual band I suspect we will get better data transfer rates on the newer Bell network.
  17. #97  
    Looks like the webOSDoctor has been released.

    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

    Happy modem hacking!!
  18. s4l
    s4l is offline
    s4l's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #98  
    Hi Barry,

    So theoretically, I should be able to get 3G on T-mobile? Since 2100Mhz is available? could I be able to download, and surf the web using 3G on T-mobile's network? I understand the fact that 1700 band isn't available, but since I live in the east coast, would the 2100Mhz band suffice? As of now, I am using a Pre on Edge.

    I look forward to your response.

    Best,

    -Ozy
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Hi Barry,

    So theoretically, I should be able to get 3G on T-mobile? Since 2100Mhz is available? could I be able to download, and surf the web using 3G on T-mobile's network? I understand the fact that 1700 band isn't available, but since I live in the east coast, would the 2100Mhz band suffice? As of now, I am using a Pre on Edge.

    I look forward to your response.

    Best,

    -Ozy
    NO. Sorry but this has been addressed multiple times.
    TMO uses 1700 for upload and 2100 for download.
    No 3G HSPA+ without both bands when the ul and dl are split
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Once we have a doctor I'll be willing to try a few things
    Mize and Jason R. Can you please look at this ASAP. It looks like both palm_nv_items.txt files are in this doctor, and would only need to be moved?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.

Posting Permissions