1.    #1  
    Hi. Anybody check their Pre3 with Govnah? My Pre3 is running at 368.64MHz most of the time with occational spike of 1.4GHz.
    Mine seems to idle at 122.88 MHz and as soon as you start doing anything with the phone it leaps to 1.4016MHz

So it is either actively adjusting the clock speed under any load OR Govnah on a Pre3 is not accurate yet?
  3.    #3  
    Thanx Scotty for confirmation.
    Do u feel the Pre3 still laggy at times?
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    Thanx Scotty for confirmation.
    Do u feel the Pre3 still laggy at times?
    Perhaps not quite as snappy as my Pre+ @1GHz when multitasking with alot of cards open but as far as launching apps and normal usage goes i have not found it to be laggy at all!
    Also it does not have the SMS send message lag (Where you would send a txt and the pre would freeze for a couple of seconds) that my Pre+ had on 2.x
  5.    #5  
    But I still experience short freeze on n off. Not as fluid as pre- on 1GHz. and the browser didnt improve at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    Hi. Anybody check their Pre3 with Govnah? My Pre3 is running at 368.64MHz most of the time with occational spike of 1.4GHz.
    That is exactly what you would expect from a Pre 3 running the stock kernel.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is exactly what you would expect from a Pre 3 running the stock kernel.

-- Rod
    Rod, can I safely assume when UberKernel out for Pre3, things will b better?
    What load average is considered normal on a Pre3? With the stock kernel, Govnah shows me values greater than 8, constantly! (currently with only Govnah open and Airplane Mode on: 8.20 8.26 8.26).
    I don't have a Pre 3 yet but my Veer has a load average of about 5.2 pretty constantly. Load average numbers for webOS phones seem to be really large compared to what I'm used to seeing / expecting on PC servers...
    I'm getting load averages over 8 as well on my pre3, even if I don't have any cards open but Govnah. On my Touchpad with lots of cards running, I only get 1.5-2.5. My pre3 drains it's battery in just a few hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by olebl View Post
    I'm getting load averages over 8 as well on my pre3, even if I don't have any cards open but Govnah. On my Touchpad with lots of cards running, I only get 1.5-2.5. My pre3 drains it's battery in just a few hours.
    You might consider removing all those crap patches you got installed. Honestly, the pre runs fine without govnah or anything else. From my experience I have yet to find one single patch that did not screw the Pre 3 up in one or the other way.
    Govnah and Uberkernel, from my experience, do not work reliable on any Pre. Iīve used them on P- P+ and P3, and all had problems, most of them experiencing crashes 1-2 times a week...
    Not to mention things like muffle that obviously screws up the camera for some reason.
    Your experience differs from that of the majority, and that of the developers of those items.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by piflintstone View Post
    From my experience I have yet to find one single patch that did not screw the Pre 3 up in one or the other way.
    Not my experience.

Quite clearly there are any number of patches that could have no effect on performance because of the minimal changes to existing code.
    ive had nothing but good experiences with the preware and patches that ive installed
    Well, you guys all might use the phone in another way, meaning, that you restart your phone at least once a day. Comiing from the iphone I have to say that I am not used to reboot my phone once a day, specially not a phone so darn slow at loading the OS.
    If you do not reboot there are several issues that arise. Specifically Uberkernel was on all 3 Pres I had not reliable. At least not when keeping the phone online for several days. Deleting Uberkernel usually fixed alle problems.
    Same applies to many other patches, things like battery % instead of icons messed up the top bar etc. Iīve had patches that for some reason changed my ringtone, although the patch had nothing to do with that.
    So, from my experience as a user not using the device as a sandbox but instead looking for a reliable phone, I do not use any more patches than the ones absolutely necessary (ubercalendar).
    Donīt get me wrong, I own an iPhone but really like the Pre, but at the current state of the software they wouldnīt have sold a single item...at least not in Europe.
    Well, you guys all might use the phone in another way, meaning, that you restart your phone at least once a day. Comiing from the iphone I have to say that I am not used to reboot my phone once a day, specially not a phone so darn slow at loading the OS.
    If you do not reboot there are several issues that arise. Specifically Uberkernel was on all 3 Pres I had not reliable. At least not when keeping the phone online for several days. Deleting Uberkernel usually fixed alle problems.
    Same applies to many other patches, things like battery % instead of icons messed up the top bar etc. Iīve had patches that for some reason changed my ringtone, although the patch had nothing to do with that.
    So, from my experience as a user not using the device as a sandbox but instead looking for a reliable phone, I do not use any more patches than the ones absolutely necessary (ubercalendar).
    Donīt get me wrong, I own an iPhone but really like the Pre, but at the current state of the software they wouldnīt have sold a single item...at least not in Europe.
    You are a fugitive from the law of averages.

This site is filled with people who have been using many of the homebrew items above for almost two years with minimal to no issues at all to better their personal experience with their webos phone.

Sorry that your experience with webos has not been the best; but statistically speaking, you are an outlier regarding the above.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    What planet do you live on, few people have paid more than $700 for same hardware you are saying wont sell in Europe? Few of my friends bought it for 300 Euros on day one as soon as it was available. I'm enjoying my ATT pre3 to the most
    My Pre3 started behaving once I turned Skype off.

Is there any hope for a screenstate govener for the Pre3? I loved how snappy my pre+ and pre2 were with screenstate. My Pre3 always lags when I first turn on the screen to do something, Zery annoying.