Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I am going sprint frankenpre
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    I think Verizon should strike while the Iron is Hot and release the Pre3 at $50 on Contract today. There is so much buzz about the webOS touchpads that has to carry over some.

Alternatively I hope HP at least sells the Pre3 on their site with ESN that would activate on Verizon. An unlocked phone on ATT would not do much for me unless I could swap the comboard from a Pre+ into the Pre3 and get it activated then.

I Have a Pre+ I'm using and a Pre2 in reserve but I really want a Pre3. If I can get the Pre3, I'll give the Pre2 to my daughter to replace her Pixie+.

Cheers
    I would love it if they did!
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    I've only been through 2 PRE-'s, YES FOLKS 2, and the only reason I needed another one to replace my original launch day Pre- was because I jumped in the pool to save a family member last summer and didn't have time to stop and think, oh, I should take off my pre and my wallet and my money clip, etc. etc.

I for one would buy a Pre3 on Verizon in a heartbeat and I'm just waiting, holding on to my Pre- until they come out. Otherwise I guess I will be forced to look at a Samsung Galaxy class phone whenever they eventually come out on Verizon. I've been on Sprint for almost 10 years, had one of the zero plans back in the day but I'm just sick and tired of the dropped calls. I got the airwave and have tweaked my phone to the nines thanks to Precentral, WEBOSQI, Preware, etc. I love the platform and it's my hope that HP provides me an option to stay on it for a little while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by russellraff View Post
    Hi again, guys

I don't think you can separate the hardware from the O/S that simply. Sure HP has said they will continue to support WebOS...

... How many warranty/insurance swaps have you guys done on your Pre hardware?

I went through 5 (yes, FIVE) Pre+'es.
    Then I bought a Pre2 a few weeks ago on eBay (yeup - feel like an ***** now!), and while it is a great improvment, it is currently driving me nuts - loose slider, went crazy after 2.1 OTA update, etc, etc, etc.

Who will support this kind of cwap if Verizon sells a non-supported device?

russ
    If VZ announced that they were going to release the Pre3 for $50, no support, and you had to sign a new 2 year contract, I'd be there in a hot second.
    kbubk likes this.
    Global Posts
    2,159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by russellraff View Post
    How many warranty/insurance swaps have you guys done on your Pre hardware?

I went through 5 (yes, FIVE) Pre+'es.
    0. Had my Pre+ for over a year now. The only thing wrong with my phone is the crack at the USB door, but that doesn't affect the usability of the phone.
    Global Posts
    2,159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    The Pre 3 is not going to be launched on Verizon or on any other US carrier.
    I didn't realize we had so many high level Vzw execs on this site.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    Everyone is reporting no Pre 3 in the US.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    Yeah, we keep our heads down most of the time. Sssh don't tell anyone I was here....
    At least did the family member do the replacing? That's what I really wanna know...

Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    I've only been through 2 PRE-'s, YES FOLKS 2, and the only reason I needed another one to replace my original launch day Pre- was because I jumped in the pool to save a family member last summer and didn't have time to stop and think, oh, I should take off my pre and my wallet and my money clip, etc. etc.

I for one would buy a Pre3 on Verizon in a heartbeat and I'm just waiting, holding on to my Pre- until they come out. Otherwise I guess I will be forced to look at a Samsung Galaxy class phone whenever they eventually come out on Verizon. I've been on Sprint for almost 10 years, had one of the zero plans back in the day but I'm just sick and tired of the dropped calls. I got the airwave and have tweaked my phone to the nines thanks to Precentral, WEBOSQI, Preware, etc. I love the platform and it's my hope that HP provides me an option to stay on it for a little while longer.

Sent from my SCH-I800
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Everyone is reporting no Pre 3 in the US.
    But all from the same report:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2391519,00.asp
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Which quotes HP directly.
    Android time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcorbino View Post
    If VZ announced that they were going to release the Pre3 for $50, no support, and you had to sign a new 2 year contract, I'd be there in a hot second.
    I too would pick upa Pre3 in a New York minute!

I just don't believe Verizon will expose themselves to the hassle of selling phones that are not supported (see numerous mails above).

At least they're (HP) still singing the "We stand by WebOS" song - hopefully a real phone manufacturer will have something out for us by year-end...

russ
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    The Pre3 is the only thing that would get me to switch to Verizon. Really hate their habit of blocking features. And their pricing. I would switch for the Pre3, but if I buy anything else it will not be on Verizon.

I don't think they'll do it, though.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I think Verizon could actually go the opposite direction here: sure, we'll sell you a Pre3-- 2 year contract and $1000.

They'll get new contracts, the insanely high price will cover any support issues that come up, and at the same time, ensure that they have replacement stock.

Admit it, at least a few of you are thinking that would be acceptable, aren't ya?
    I would switch to get it
    Look at Verizons enthusiasm for webos prior to the pre3... that's right: non-existent. To me verizon treated webos like crap since the pre+. I really don't think they wanted it at all and there were probably a lot of high-fives and sighs of relief at Verizon after HP announced that they are a clueless, ball-less wonder company.

I would like to see 1 of 2 things in the U.S.:
    1) HP sells the pre3 at firesale pricing on a prepaid plan... $99 tops. Is this even technically possible?
    2) HP and Sprint throw everybody for a loop and announce pre3 (at firsale prices) exclusively on Sprint!

And yes, I know I will see pigs flying in a frozen h-e-double-hockey-sticks before #2 happens
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12