Page 1 of 64 1234561151 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Its a few months on since the firesale and Pre's are still available on eBay and Amazon. The price has fallen to below 300

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=new

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Mobile-Sma...p3286.c0.m1538

ALL INFORMATION BELOW IS FROM THE OLD THREAD AND IS OUT OF DATE:

I will keep you updates on Pre 3 Firesale best I can, if you have an information about it post it below and ill add it.

-----------OLD UPDATES WILL BE GROUPED TOGETHER, NEW UPDATES WILL BE SPACED OUT------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EUROPE UPDATES:

Update: The Pre 3 was reduced to 79 Euros in Germany
    Update: Pre 3 is expected to be reduced to 69 in UK (hopefully today)
    Update: HP employee had confirmed "hundreds in stock and more to come" you can buy now for 299 and they will refund the difference when it drops (source JimFoster) phone number 0845 090 0265 or First link below.
    Update: "HP/ Palm did not confirm new prices for Palm products in Europe yet.
    We expect official announcement to be released within 24 hours.
    All prices will then be updated in the Euro Store and you will be able to
    place order from there." - Palm Store Customer Service
    Update: HP have said if you buy the phone now at 299 they will refund the difference from the palm store, confirmed by many sources. Palm store is currently in bits, good luck getting to check out
    Update: I bought one from Handtec.co.uk they still have them in stock and have confirmed they will give the refund if HP change the price within 7 days. Site is not slow, you can find a direct link down bottom.
    Update: Handtec says price reduction is INEVITABLE, but still no confirmation. They also clearly state they WILL be giving refunds - source http://www.handtec.co.uk/blog/2011/0...pads-and-pre3/
    Update: Handtec offering old touchstone for 16.79, and indication that Pre accessories will drop through the floor? lets hope so! http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php...g-dock-for-pre
    Update: Unshipped orders of Pre 3 will not be shipped until HP confims price and contense of accesory bundle by the looks of it. I got an email from handtec saying i have been refunded for the full some i paid because they are unsure about price ad avilibility of Pre 3. they also said they are unsure about how much stock they will have and my order is in a queue
    Update: please keep this thread talking about the updates on the Pre 3, please dont stray off topic
    Update: HP will give an update on stock/pricing on friday at 10am GMT. They will make the update on the palm eurostore pre 3 page.
    Update: twitter.com/handtec gives an insight in what retailers are having to deal with in regards to not knowing.
    Update: **RUMOUR** Word is HP will be selling most of their stock off on contract rather than having a firesale. We will find out tomorrow at 10am GMT. Cleverboxes were selling them for 199, i got an email from handtec saying my order is placed in a queue but after finding out the chance i will get one doesnt look great i bought a backup from cleverboxes, at the time of purchase they had 1 in stock... they are still saying they have 1 in stock which i find really disconcerting.
    Update: Palm eurostore:
    "STOCK AVAILABILITY UPDATE OUT OF STOCK!
    Update Thur 25th 9pm :
    No new orders can be taken for this Product at this time. No change expected to that position before 31st August
    Next Update:
    Customers who have an existing order with us will be contacted directly by our customer service team on Friday 26th in relation to the status of their order. We will contact you - please can we ask you to be patient and await contact by us. Please do not ring or email us as this will only further delay the process. Timing of contact will not in any way affect the status of your order.
    We, at Palm Eurostore, are continuing to pursue all options to try to obtain Pre3 product. We do not, however, expect to have any further information in this respect before Wed 31st Aug. Any new information will appear here first.
    Customer Service staff will not have any further information - it will be communicated directly here on this page. Thank you for your continued patience."
    Palm Eurostore Update:
    STOCK AVAILABILITY UPDATE
    OUT OF STOCK!
    No new orders can be taken for this Product SKU at this time. No change expected to that position. We do not now expect any further qty's of this SKU.
    Update Wed 31st Aug 15:00 :
    From the contacts we initiated since last Friday ;
    - We have cancelled and refunded all orders where we received notification to cancel.
    - We have shipped all orders for those people we had contacted and who accepted the order for a single unit at the standard/agreed price.
    - We are still awaiting response from some of the people we contacted
    We are now going to set a deadline of midday (BST) on Thursday 1st Sep. A final reminder email has gone out to these people. We will have no option but to cancel those orders after that point if we have not heard back from them.
    On Thursday afternoon we will do a final re-allocation of the remaining units. We expect this to be a quite small number. And on Friday we expect to have shipped all the orders that we can fulfill. At that point we will have no option but to cancel all remaining orders in backlog.
    We, at Palm Eurostore, are continuing to pursue options to try to obtain some Pre3 product - but as of now we do not expect that any of this SKU ( 8GB QWERTY ) is going to be available to us. Any new information will appear here first.
    UPDATE: Update Sat 3rd Sep 21:30 :
    We have completed the process of shipping all available inventory of this Product and have cancelled/refunded all orders which we were unable to fulfill. A cancellation notice email will be sent to all affected customer before close of business on Monday 5th.
    Next Update on Monday 5th Sep ( afternoon ).
    Thank you for your continued patience.

UPDATE: Only place left to buy Pre 3 QWERTY or AZERTY is eBay, going for around 300 in UK, some will ship to USA. Apart from that you can get them on contract from CPW, 12month contracts are available adding up to a total of 252

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA UPDATES:

Update: Pre 3 NOT coming to the USA (Pre 3 not coming to US; deep discounts in Europe | This is my next...) if you want it in the USA you will have to buy a UK model and have it shipped. Please make sure it will be compatible with your phone provider. It WONT work on sprint.
    Update: UK Pre 3 confirmed to work on AT&T
    Update: http://www.superetrader.co.uk/hp-pal...af7f324fb25124 Are shipping to outside UK, Taking preorders
    Last edited by rbyrne; 11/20/2011 at 07:26 AM.
    Palm Eurostore was sold out on Friday, but expected another shipment today.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    play.com no longer lists the Pre 3 if you search their site, anyone got a direct link to try (not on my normal PC)?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordsComing View Post
    play.com no longer lists the Pre 3 if you search their site, anyone got a direct link to try (not on my normal PC)?
    only for touchpad
    The play.com direct link now shows that it is not available, no sign of pre-order or anything any more. Looks like 8GB only then, available on eurostore.palm.com, box.co.uk, maybe clove.co.uk, Handtec, ....
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Box.co.uk stock just fell to 8 Sim Free HP Palm Pre 3
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    i can't stop refreshing palm eurostore and HP UK store pre3 pages in the hope of a pricedrop on the former and it going up for firesale on the latter.

i think i have a problem.
    Vij and kataran like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gastr View Post
    i can't stop refreshing palm eurostore and HP UK store pre3 pages in the hope of a pricedrop on the former and it going up for firesale on the latter.

i think i have a problem.
    Join the club
    Vij likes this.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    How can somebody in the US get one of these? Tried to order from the eurostore but looks like they won't ship to me.
    Last edited by nulambhbk; 08/22/2011 at 11:04 AM.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    as for whether or not they'll ship it to you, i cannot say. but i suggest you read this first if you're considering importing one:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...work-us-t.html
    Well to quote myself from another thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Dogg View Post
    Agree that 300 is a pretty good price for a smartphone but i gotta admit i ordered mine on thursday morning and come thursday evening read the announcements from HP and my heart jumped up into my throat, but now i have a Pre3 i love it and am definitely going to keep it!
    (Although if they appear for 99 or something in the coming days i guess i would be a little grumpy)

I think people (in the UK) need to just be brave and buy the Pre3 at 300 and just hope that they get refunded if the price drops, Rather than waiting for them to go on sale and then finding that there are not any left! The more i read the more i get the impression that HP were just testing the water with the UK "soft lunch" and im guessing that not many retail units exist!
    elvispre likes this.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I would however i dont have a spare 300 laying around being a student, I was going to buy it on the 26th (my payday) when ill have the money. Hopefully they wont all sell out!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    I would however i dont have a spare 300 laying around being a student, I was going to buy it on the 26th (my payday) when ill have the money. Hopefully they wont all sell out!
    Hopefully there will be some left from HP or Box or Clove or somewhere?
    Fingers crossed for you mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath. If they go on sale like in Germany, its likely at the same time as the touchpad, i.e. tomorrow.

And if its priced like in Germany, I think we'd be talking minutes rather than days of stock.
    Eh guys. Currys/Dixons/PC world just put up touchpads for cheap (89 and 115), they had very very few and sold out instantly. But obviously been notified by HP
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Yeah but FAR more people were interest in the touchpad than the Pre 3. Many people bought the touchpad in hope of porting it to android and most dont have any interest in webOS.

I feel the only people who want to buy the Pre 3 are interested in webOS. Besides, touchpad isnt out of stock just yet, many places still haven't lowered the price and many people are buying lots and selling on (ebay etc) at a big discount.

Id be happy picking up a Pre 3 new off ebay for 150
    I hope you are right. Its the pre 3 I want!
    rbyrne likes this.
    So will the price be going down any? I did the conversion and it's i don't want to pay $500 dollars for a Pre3! At most $300.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo.55 View Post
    So will the price be going down any? I did the conversion and it's i don't want to pay $500 dollars for a Pre3! At most $300.
    If you want to pay for it in dollars thats not a good sign :/ it looks like its only getting released in europe
Page 1 of 64 1234561151 ... LastLast