Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Palm Store Customer Service.

Yes, the price difference will be refunded as soon as HP confirms price
    reduction today or tomorrow.

We are now holding off all shipments to enable us to pass that price
    reduction on to you.

The Palm Store Customer Service thanks you for the opportunity to assist
    you and hopes to have been of assistance.

Kind Regards,

Palm Store Customer Service Representative
    Yeah thats just palm, and any vendor who has agreed to hold back their deliveries today.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    But then you won't be able to order and ship to Canada. Palm Euro Store doesn't take anything outside of Europe.

If indeed all the sellers are returning their stock.
    I was hoping to order from a third party vendor, like Handtec. You guys are so lucky, getting this deal, while we're left to vanquish.

I have an iPhone, but I have a soft spot for webOS.
    just got the confirmation email on a Pre3 from palm store europe at full price, so here's hoping the telegraph is right that it is being discounted all the way down to 45.............. and that amazon don't cancel the touchpads i ordered because they have oversold them or some such!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
    just got the confirmation email on a Pre3 from palm store europe at full price, so here's hoping the telegraph is right that it is being discounted all the way down to 45.............. and that amazon don't cancel the touchpads i ordered because they have oversold them or some such!
    I believe Palm eurostore are planning to ship Pre3s as bundles (with a touchstone I think), and the price will be consequently larger. I was told around the 100 mark, but that was this morning, I dunno if there is any new information
    On the Eurostore right now:
    Model Number: FB437AA#ABU

Special Purchase Conditions
    Please note:
    A price reduction is expected to be announced in the next 24 hours. This price reduction will apply to a Pre 3 Bundle which will include a number of accessories. To reserve this offer, please order a Pre 3 at the current price and we will refund the difference between the current listed price and the bundle price once the new reduced price has been confirmed. We expect this to be a substantial price reduction. This is a limited time offer while stocks last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    I believe Palm eurostore are planning to ship Pre3s as bundles (with a touchstone I think), and the price will be consequently larger. I was told around the 100 mark, but that was this morning, I dunno if there is any new information
    ah well, i probably would have bought the touchstone anyway, but i hope the result is competitive with whatever HP negotiates as the base price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    You are of course assuming there are price reductions. All Handtec have said, is the same as everyone else: when we hear from HP what and if the reductions are, and how they plan to reimburse us (the vendors), then we will know whether we can drop the price, and or reimburse sales that have already gone through.

If HP decide to reimburse the vendors for all subsequent sales, then you will get no reimbursement.
    In that case you could still cancel your order...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomer View Post
    In that case you could still cancel your order...
    yep, subject to all the usual consumer laws. (such as distance selling regs if within the last week)
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    if you search for "pre 3" HP UK store (ie. not the Palm eurostore) and click on the result it takes you to their laptops listing. not interesting in and of itself but it was different just a few hours ago- it would take you to the pre3 page and have a non-functioning "pre-order" button. something is happening.

hmm what does it all mean....i presume it just means they're removing it from the site and selling only through the palm eurostore (and third parties).
    Is the refund from Palm Europe valid for the touchpad too ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerials View Post
    On the Eurostore right now:
    And the Pre 3 page on Palm's Eurostore now shows:
    Temporarily out of stock. Stock to be made available in the next 24-48 hours

The TP's have been out of stock with a note all day:
    Availability: Currently out of stock
    with no mentioning of that being temp or permanent.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Calling all people who bought their pre 3 from 3rd party vendors:

HP announced they plan to sell the Pre 3 as a bundle with accessories, what do you think will happen to us? will we pay a lower price or will our vendor ship the accessories to us?
    i doubt either will happen
    Wonder if the bundle includes a Touchstone Audio dock? o.0

I'm indifferent; I bought a $50 Pre 2 and plan to use it until my contract expires in May, then buy a webOS-powered Galaxy S2... that or jump ship.
    Vij likes this.
    I already moved my primary phone over to Android because I was not willing to spend the money it would take to buy the Pre 2/3 sim-free in the UK and then put up with even less apps and more delays than those in the states had. However if I get a TouchPad I would be interested in a Pre 3 or two to use as a secondary phone and for development purposes. It will be interesting to see what accessories are included. I am surprised the same was not done with the TouchPad fire sale in order to shift accessories as well.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    I've just come from the eurostore which indicates changes due to pricing on both the Pre3 & the TouchPad.

Also, I ordered my Pre 3 last Thursday, chased the order yesterday and today they emailed:

Please be advised that HP are planning to announce a price reduction for
    Palm Pre 3 today or tomorrow. We are holding off all shipments to enable us
    to pass that price reduction on to you. The price reduction is very
    significant ( over 60% saving ) and the new price will be around 100.
    We expect to get the clearance on the price today and will ship units
    tomorrow for delivery by the end of the week. Also the price difference
    will be refunded accordingly.

I've replied & asked about refund on Touchpad, so fingers crossed ...
    Last edited by karenstimson; 08/23/2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: more info
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is already mentioned, but Carphone Warehouse also stock the Pre 3. Still showing as a staggering 479.95 at the moment though

HP Pre3 | 479.95 | Sim free - The Carphone Warehouse
    Palm History:

Treo 500 > Treo Pro > Pre > PrePlus > Touchpad
    Not sure if this was posted; from Palm's Eurostore UK:
    --

OUT OF STOCK! New bundle SKU and new pricing expected to be available here in the next 18-36 hours

Special Purchase Conditions
    Please note:
    We have temporarily stopped taking orders against this SKU. A price reduction is expected to be announced in the next 18 to 24 hours. This price reduction will apply to a Pre 3 Bundle which will include a number of accessories. This is a limited time offer while stocks last. This page will be updated when products and price for the bundle is confirmed.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Pre 2 Still selling for 370 on Palm Eurostore?? Damn, they are behind the times
    Palm History:

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    If I Pre-Order from Handtec.co.uk, do they take the money right away? Or only when item is dispatched?
    Palm History: