Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 17 57 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    Although hang about. I've just noticed from my cached page the the pre3 has 8Gb... wasn't it supposed to have 16Gb like the pre plus and pre 2 before it?
    I doubt there is a single 16gb Pre 3 in existence, they were supposed to come out a little later I guess.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monotok View Post
    Does anyone know if box.co.uk will refund the difference for a Pre 3 ordered last tuesday and received thursday?
    I have it on ebay atm with a starting bid of 99 and buy it now of 299.
    I will obviously reduce this price if they refund me but I just want my money back really and they wanted a 20% re-stocking fee to return it GRRR
    damn, you got buttfu-ked
    Does anyone know if box.co.uk will refund the difference for a Pre 3 ordered last tuesday and received thursday?
    I will obviously reduce this price if they refund me but I just want my money back really and they wanted a 20% re-stocking fee to return it GRRR
    Any consumer lawyers in the house? I don't think it's legal to charge a fee for returns in distance selling, provided it's within 7 days (I think)
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Call box.co.uk on 0121 202 0000
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    No, all Pre 3's are 8GB, the 16GB didn't make it out the factory.
    Ah.... that makes some sense then. So if I do manage to get a Pre3 then at least my previous pre will still have some use, if only as a walkman/backup phone lol
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    PLENTY OF PRE 3'S LEFT AT Buy HP Pre 3 Smartphone (SIM Free/Unlocked, Black) Reviews

They have confirmed they WILL refund the difference within 7 days.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Outside 7 days now, but i did call them and thats he said. They have given me the 50 refund so far but I would like that 200 odd refund
  8. rs1
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    PLENTY OF PRE 3'S LEFT AT Buy HP Pre 3 Smartphone (SIM Free/Unlocked, Black) Reviews

They have confirmed they WILL refund the difference within 7 days.
    Thing is, if HP drag their feet about refunding Handtec for their current stock, and that goes on for more than 7 days, will Handtec still refund customers?
    I ordered one over the phone from Palm Europe, select option 2 customer services rather than sales and got straight through. They said systems were down but order would be processed in the next 24hrs
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    didn't HP refund early adopters of the touchpad with a fire sale refund? There is still hope
    Outside 7 days now, but i did call them and thats he said. They have given me the 50 refund so far but I would like that 200 odd refund
    did you buy from handtec?
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    A chap at Handtec told me they may refund the price difference if there is one, but were waiting on confirmation from HP later today or tomorrow. I had to wait on hold for a long time and he sounded rather out of breath!
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wshekyls View Post
    did you buy from handtec?
    nope, from box.co.uk

wish i didn't now haha
    nope, from box.co.uk

wish i didn't now haha
    You're not outside the 7 days. Law says 7 days after receipt. You have until Thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher View Post
    A chap at Handtec told me they may refund the price difference if there is one, but were waiting on confirmation from HP later today or tomorrow. I had to wait on hold for a long time and he sounded rather out of breath!
    Palm Eurostore confirmed via email that they plan on dropping the price today or tomorrow and would refund the difference. Unfortunately U.S. is not a shipping option! I'm going with Handtec and hoping for the refund!
  16. rs1
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Are international orders from Handtec protected by their 7-day return policy? It's a little vague on their website. I don't know if it'd apply for non-faulty items...
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shai126 View Post
    You're not outside the 7 days. Law says 7 days after receipt. You have until Thursday.
    Right ok, I will ring them up tomorrow (hope the price reduction is then) and say if you wont refund the difference I will return it and buy it else where.

so much hassle :P
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Palm Eurostore confirmed via email that they plan on dropping the price today or tomorrow and would refund the difference. Unfortunately U.S. is not a shipping option! I'm going with Handtec and hoping for the refund!
    No need to hope, they will give you one
    Quote Originally Posted by rs1 View Post
    Thing is, if HP drag their feet about refunding Handtec for their current stock, and that goes on for more than 7 days, will Handtec still refund customers?
    That's what I'm worried about.

I'm looking to buy two: one for me and one for an elderly relative with eyesight and memory problems. I'm hoping that the pre3's large screen and WebOS's ease-of-use will make her enjoy text messaging again, keep her organised and (maybe) even get her on the internet!

But at the same time I don't have 600 quid to just throw away. So while the handtec site seems more resilient that HP's, there are too many ifs and buts that aren't yet accounted for.
  20. rs1
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Well. I spent the better part of an hour battling through the Palm Eurostore checkout process. And now they've kicked me back to the cart with this message

"Unfortunately, the products you selected are not available in the amount you requested. The amount has been changed." - to 0.

I guess they've finally sold out.

Ahhhhh.