Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12525758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1263
Like Tree68Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Sorry for the late reply. I rang them and cancelled right away.
    And I paid over the phone. On the second cancellation they wanted me to send them an email too, which I did but then I cancelled the day after basically.

No freebies...just the phone. So I didn't have to return anything.
    They asked me if I wanted to cancel and send the phone back and I said no I wanna pay up and keep the phone....
    You could probably start a small but profitable business paying friends and family to do the same, and then selling the phones, you know...
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    My cousin just emailed and she was at carphone once again. She said they are still selling the pre 3 bundle with touchpad. For my benifit I hope its true.
    mmmmm really? *** !!!!
    Where are my two free touchpads then?
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_mc99 View Post
    You could probably start a small but profitable business paying friends and family to do the same, and then selling the phones, you know...
    Too much hassle....
    Plus there are credit checks that go against your record, and take 3 yrs to clear off. They need to check you before you get a contract. A lot of people are not willing to do that, cause if you apply for a credit card later on lets say, you may get declined if you got too many searches on your "records". Yes I know it's "********" but that's how it works, so even if you offered someone 50 they would probably say "nah can't be bothered with the hasssle" and really I don't wanna be reselling any and charge people 100 for it.

I am here to help the community. If any of you sees any on ebay or another UK store and you have it shipped to me or send me the money to buy it for you I can always forward it and help you. I have now bought 4 Pre's for others.

Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_mc99 View Post
    I dropped you my email on a private message....
    Happy to help you with what you asked

Vas
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    mmmmm really? *** !!!!
    Where are my two free touchpads then?
    Not sure this is what she just emailed an hour ago, not sure she even knew that they were 2 different things.
    I need a massive favour from the people in the forum. Has anyone got a Pre3 not activated on any App Catalog that are willing to swap with a UK App Catalog activated Pre3? The phone is not really been used, bbut activated on the wrong catalog.

Many thanks
    Vas
    I need a massive favour from the people in the forum. Has anyone got a Pre3 not activated on any App Catalog that are willing to swap with a UK App Catalog activated Pre3? The phone is not really been used, bbut activated on the wrong catalog.

Many thanks
    Vas
    Just erase it (Device Info -> Reset Options -> Erase Apps & Data should do it) and start the process over. Or, I think you can also use impostah to change the setting, but I'm not sure.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    The only way to change your app catalog registration is to activate on a webOS account that belongs to a TouchPad registered in the desired app catalog. For example, my UK Pre3 was previously registered to the UK app catalog but logging into my US TP account (after a doctor) fixed this.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Jive Turkey likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by chihuash View Post
    I have confirmation from Palm Eurostore that this is the current position.
    Subject to final bundle & pricing confirmation from HP on Wednesday, all unshipped backorders for Pre3 will be get shipped as a Pre3 + Accessory bundle and that the price difference between the original purchase price and the new bundle price ( that HP will set ) will be refunded to the buyers card.
    so I bought an azerty pre3 from eurostore a week or so ago, they will be refunding the price difference for the acessory bundle to my card?
    Here's a source for all you US & Canada people wanting to get a Pre3 on AT&T or Verizon. You'll have to pay silly money though:

HP TouchPad 4G, Pre 3 for AT&T and Verizon all hit eBay (update: Pre 3s sold) | This is my next...

EDIT: oh, they've gone. I'll keep an eye on ebay
    Last edited by snorri788; 09/21/2011 at 08:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    @PSherlock on twitter (runs Palm Eurostore) says just now:

"Palm Eurostore has a further batch of HP #Pre3 (AZERTY) going on sale later today. eurostore.palm.com"
    its in stock now, go go go.
    Quote Originally Posted by ioannis View Post
    Just erase it (Device Info -> Reset Options -> Erase Apps & Data should do it) and start the process over. Or, I think you can also use impostah to change the setting, but I'm not sure.
    Ok all sorted. You need to get someone to create you another profile within the country you wish to access the catalog from. The "delete/reset" doesn't fix the issue
    icyArthur likes this.
    Ok all sorted. You need to get someone to create you another profile within the country you wish to access the catalog from. The "delete/reset" doesn't fix the issue
    That's good to hear. Sorry for the false info. I've done this on my touchpad and I thought it would work on the Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by ioannis View Post
    That's good to hear. Sorry for the false info. I've done this on my touchpad and I thought it would work on the Pre3.
    The TouchPad and Pre 3 run different versions of WebOS.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=new

A load of Pre3s just hit amazon. Including some QWERTY ones.
    Pre 3 & TouchPad. Flying in the face of the jesusPhone!
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Prices have been falling fast on ebay. I think they've about saturated the WebOS faithful who are on or willing to move to AT&T. For anyone else, the android hardware available cheaper is massively superior for a lower price. I'm on Sprint and will probably go to an SGII if I can't get a Verizon Pre3 that I could get activated somehow on Sprint. The OS will bum me out, but I'll love the light, thin, huge screen, 1080p-movie recording, 8-MPpicture taking super duper hardware.
    Pre 3 & TouchPad. Flying in the face of the jesusPhone!
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Thanks for updates guys, i will update the thread
    Got mine for $199 with free shipping a couple weeks ago on eBay. AT&T pre 3, 16gb.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.