Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11 51565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1263
Like Tree68Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by snorri788 View Post
    Just thought I'd let people know that Pre 3s are available on Amazon again for a very reasonable £199. Trade seller. No word if it's QWERTY, QWERTZ or AZERTY.

Hewlett Packard HP Pre3 sim-free unbranded: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    its sold bu luzern aka palm eurostore, so it must be an azerty. on eurostore they are selling it for 169.
    Quote Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
    Seller: Luzern. Is Palm Eurostore selling via Amazon?
    Should be a QWERTZ.

Manufacturer part # FB435AA#ABD

Searching for this leads us to HP Germany:
    HP PreĀ³ (FB435AA) Spezifikationen - HP Privatanwender Produkte
    Last edited by sara.ramli; 09/15/2011 at 11:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran9558 View Post
    its sold bu luzern aka palm eurostore, so it must be an azerty. on eurostore they are selling it for 169.
    Strange because reference nr. is FB435AA#ABD, whereas the AZERTY at the Eurostore was FB435AA#ABF and IIRC the QWERTY version was FB435AA#ABU.

My guess is that the last letter indicates the country-type of keyboard:

F for France: AZERTY
    U for UK: QWERTY
    D for Deutschland: QWERTZ

Check this amazon.de link:

http://www.amazon.de/Smartphone-Disp...6103885&sr=8-1
    Quote Originally Posted by airakli View Post
    Strange because reference nr. is FB435AA#ABD, whereas the AZERTY at the Eurostore was FB435AA#ABF and IIRC the QWERTY version was FB435AA#ABU.

My guess is that the last letter indicates the country-type of keyboard:

F for France: AZERTY
    U for UK: QWERTY
    D for Deutschland: QWERTZ

Check this amazon.de link:

HP Pre3 Smartphone 3,6 Zoll schwarz: Amazon.de: Elektronik
    No AZERTY in Palm Eurostore has this : FB436AA#ABF

Yeah but we both came to the same conclusion that it must be a QWERTZ
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I have a spot with eurostore for a azerty pre 3 that they are waiting for me to do the bank transfer which I found out that its not fraud, I dont think I would be happy with an azerty keyboard so someone here can have my spot.

On another note, can some one in the UK confirm something for me? I spoke to my cousin who lives in the UK and she told me that she went to a carphone warehouse store and they told her the pre3 would soon be available at the store. Any truth to this? For some reason she wont purchase it for me over the internet but she will at the store. Im just scared Im going to be left with nothing if its not true that they will stock them at the actual store.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    I have a spot with eurostore for a azerty pre 3 that they are waiting for me to do the bank transfer which I found out that its not fraud, I dont think I would be happy with an azerty keyboard so someone here can have my spot.

On another note, can some one in the UK confirm something for me? I spoke to my cousin who lives in the UK and she told me that she went to a carphone warehouse store and they told her the pre3 would soon be available at the store. Any truth to this? For some reason she wont purchase it for me over the internet but she will at the store. Im just scared Im going to be left with nothing if its not true that they will stock them at the actual store.
    sounds like another rumour to me? If this was true im sure we would know about it..?

what is her source?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    She went to an actual carphone warehouse store.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    i can't confirm that, but i do know that they were advertising the touchpad/pre3 bundle with a poster in the window of stores (i saw it when i visited oxford on monday 12/9). i assume that means they expected/hoped to have them arrive at the store at some point, but i presume they sold out of TP's online before the posters ever arrived!

my guess would be that they were hoping/planning to sell both in-store, but with the limited stock available to them i doubt they'll ever make it.
    I think that they are advertising it instore, but keeping all of their stock central and delivering out to customers, rather than distribute stock out to stores.

It's a better move because it means that they are not wasting money moving out handsets to stores that aren't really going to sell to your average joe.
  10. jah

well Mobile Phones - Best Mobile Phone Deals on Orange, O2, T-Mobile, 3, Vodafone have sold out of HP Touchpads and Pre 3s and they are part of the CPW group. But I noticed that Mobile Phone Deals - Best Deals on Latest Mobile Phones & Smartphones still have Pre 3s for sale.
    I'm probably a day late and a dollar/quid/shilling short. But, does anyone know where I can purchase an unlocked pre3 (qwerty keyboard)? I live in the USA, so I'm looking for an unlocked pre3 without a contract. I'm not familiar with the uk sites that sell pre3. thanks!
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    ebay, amazon, amazon uk
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by EpiKz View Post
    Understandable but a reputable company would never ask for an alternate payment method than the one taken from their website... and even if they did ask for one, the only case would be for a credit card not going through, in which case they would ask for another cc, no? A bank transfer is really risky, because once funds are sent it is nearly impossible to dispute.
    It seems risky.
    But I did the bank transfer as they requested, just got a shipping notification this afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    You don't have to wait for a bill to call them. Call Vodafone right after you got the contract and ask them to buy it all off. It will only cost you £205 instead of £255. Then go buy yourself a touchstone for £50 !!!!
    Vas, I just tried this and the representative I spoke to (who also asked their 'supervisor') was not aware of such scheme (i.e. a discount when paying the contract upfront), even though I did see this mentioned before in vodafone's forums (although for an early termination case). Can you elaborate further please (I guess it might just be a matter of luck who you speak to).
    Just to add here that I've also managed to cancel my vodafone contract, and indeed the VAT is deducted (not applied). Assuming the £10.50 x 24 months contract, the total 'early termination fee' payable is ~£205, if done within days after activation (there might be another £10.50 charge, since it takes 30 days for the cancelation to take into effect, but I'm not sure). To get the VAT relief, you need to pay this in one go, by credit/debit card. Otherwise, if you pay this as part of the 'closing bill' it will be taxed (so £252 in total in that case).

I did this over the web chat (will pop up soon after you enter that page). A friendly representative answered all my questions and completed the payment and cancelation form for me. The other option is to send them an e-mail or letter (as per 11.6(iii) of terms&conditions).

nb: I was asked not to cancel my direct debit until after the cancelation date, for charges arising from using the line (which I'm not intending to use). I hope there is nothing else added...
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    So the total you payed with cancellation was 215.50 gbp?
    So the total you payed with cancellation was 215.50 gbp?
    I've only paid £205.20 and I hope that's all I have to pay (which £8.75*24 - 2%. £8.75 is the line rental before VAT). What I'm not sure is if I'd be charged another £10.50 in 30 days that it takes for the cancelation to be completed (=one month's rent)
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    My cousin just emailed and she was at carphone once again. She said they are still selling the pre 3 bundle with touchpad. For my benifit I hope its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by ioannis View Post
    Thanks Vas. They do now.

Did you cancel straight away? Did you do it by post? (as the terms and conditions implies). Also, were there any free-gifts with the plan? Did you have to return those?
    Sorry for the late reply. I rang them and cancelled right away.
    And I paid over the phone. On the second cancellation they wanted me to send them an email too, which I did but then I cancelled the day after basically.

No freebies...just the phone. So I didn't have to return anything.
    They asked me if I wanted to cancel and send the phone back and I said no I wanna pay up and keep the phone....
    Quote Originally Posted by ioannis View Post
    J
    nb: I was asked not to cancel my direct debit until after the cancelation date, for charges arising from using the line (which I'm not intending to use). I hope there is nothing else added...
    I cancelled my DD and I even told them. Since you have paid all up front I cannot see them having any hidden charges !!! I even left my SIM cards in a vodafone store...

If they dont have your account details they cant charge you :P

Btw I dont think that you will get another bill for the 30 days. Simply, you had no line for those 30 days so they cannot charge you. However they need to send you a bill cause it acts like a receipt. So it will show your payment to them.

Vas