Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 105055565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1263
Like Tree68Likes
    Is there anyone here that got the Pre 3 on a Vodafone contract, only to cancel the contract and keep the phone? How much did they charge you? Any other implications ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ioannis View Post
    Is there anyone here that got the Pre 3 on a Vodafone contract, only to cancel the contract and keep the phone? How much did they charge you? Any other implications ?
    I have and supposedly VAT is deducted upon cancelling/paying out though any cashback via quidco would be foregone ?.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaser88 View Post
    I have and supposedly VAT is deducted upon cancelling/paying out though any cashback via quidco would be foregone ?.
    I presume you have not gone through the process yet, right? I've read here someone saying that you do get the VAT back. However, I've spoken to 2 CPW representative and to a Vodafone one and they are all saying you will be charged the full contract price, including VAT.

Another concern I have is about credit history and/or implications signing up to a different contract afterwords. It might leave a 'stain' on your record...
    I presume you have not gone through the process yet, right? I've read here someone saying that you do get the VAT back. However, I've spoken to 2 CPW representative and to a Vodafone one and they are all saying you will be charged the full contract price, including VAT.

Another concern I have is about credit history and/or implications signing up to a different contract afterwords. It might leave a 'stain' on your record...
    VAT is a debateable issue but what I have heard and read(on vodafone eforum) is that vodafone do reduce the vat amount + they also give you a 2 % discount on early termination and no you do not get any stain on your credit history as long as you pay off all the dues
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran9558 View Post
    VAT is a debateable issue but what I have heard and read(on vodafone eforum) is that vodafone do reduce the vat amount + they also give you a 2 % discount on early termination and no you do not get any stain on your credit history as long as you pay off all the dues
    Yep, here's the link to the vodafone forum thread that Kamran9558 is probably referring to:

Early termination fee - Vodafone eForum
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran9558 View Post
    Thanks, that's good to know.

I do see this 2% discount in their terms and conditions (regarding terminations)

11.6(iii): "unless you have ended the Agreement under paragraph 11.3 or 11.4 you will also have to pay the monthly price plan charges for the amount of the Minimum Period which is left to run. If you pay us this money in one lump sum immediately when the Agreement comes to an end, we will reduce the amount you have to pay us by 2%. If the Minimum Period has expired you will have to pay the monthly price plan charge for the full month in which the Services end"
    Terms and conditions – Vodafone At Home – Vodafone - Business - Corporate - Public Sector

Nothing on the VAT side though. Also, they would expect you to have some good reason for wanting to terminate...

I do see this 2% discount in their terms and conditions (regarding terminations)

11.6(iii): "unless you have ended the Agreement under paragraph 11.3 or 11.4 you will also have to pay the monthly price plan charges for the amount of the Minimum Period which is left to run. If you pay us this money in one lump sum immediately when the Agreement comes to an end, we will reduce the amount you have to pay us by 2%. If the Minimum Period has expired you will have to pay the monthly price plan charge for the full month in which the Services end"
    Terms and conditions – Vodafone At Home – Vodafone - Business - Corporate - Public Sector

Nothing on the VAT side though. Also, they would expect you to have some good reason for wanting to terminate...
    what I have also read is that its a rule set by ofcom that operators cannot claim vat on unused contract tariffs

See my previous post. Probably you were busy typing this and missed the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
    See my previous post. Probably you were busy typing this and missed the link.
    yep, indeed. Thanks. That's the most official statement on this issue I've seen thus far.
    For those that are still looking for a Pre 3, there are back in stock at Carphone Warehouse, sold on contract (now Orange as well, though the cheapest remains the Vodafone 10.50pm x 24). Didn't see any touchpad offers, though there is a free touchstone, which is nice.
    I got 2 that way. They charged me 205 to cancel.
    No implications. Not sure if CFW has any left though...

Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    I got 2 that way. They charged me 205 to cancel.
    No implications. Not sure if CFW has any left though...

Vas
    Thanks Vas. They do now.

Did you cancel straight away? Did you do it by post? (as the terms and conditions implies). Also, were there any free-gifts with the plan? Did you have to return those?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I think eurostores site has been hacked, or Im not sure if thats how it works. But I received an email from them saying I have to bank transfer the money to some other names company.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    I think eurostores site has been hacked, or Im not sure if thats how it works. But I received an email from them saying I have to bank transfer the money to some other names company.
    sounds like a scam to me. You should call eurostore to see whats going on
    eurostore is operated be luzern technologies. Maybe its that company.
    Quote Originally Posted by EpiKz View Post
    sounds like a scam to me. You should call eurostore to see whats going on
    Do note that Eurostore are run by Luzern technology solutions ltd, so all of their payments and invoices are listed to that company.

However if it was me, I'd certainly want confirmation before doing an external bank transfer to anybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    Do note that Eurostore are run by Luzern technology solutions ltd, so all of their payments and invoices are listed to that company.

However if it was me, I'd certainly want confirmation before doing an external bank transfer to anybody.
    Understandable but a reputable company would never ask for an alternate payment method than the one taken from their website... and even if they did ask for one, the only case would be for a credit card not going through, in which case they would ask for another cc, no? A bank transfer is really risky, because once funds are sent it is nearly impossible to dispute.
    Just thought I'd let people know that Pre 3s are available on Amazon again for a very reasonable 199. Trade seller. No word if it's QWERTY, QWERTZ or AZERTY.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294
    Quote Originally Posted by snorri788 View Post
    Just thought I'd let people know that Pre 3s are available on Amazon again for a very reasonable 199. Trade seller. No word if it's QWERTY, QWERTZ or AZERTY.

Hewlett Packard HP Pre3 sim-free unbranded: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    Seller: Luzern. Is Palm Eurostore selling via Amazon?