Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495455565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1263
Like Tree68Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacstar View Post
    Oh... didn't know that. I looked at them. 1 is out of a USB wireless air-card and the other is from my old Tilt2. They both had the 3g logo on them from what I could tell. Is there any other identifiers I should look for?
    Some of the 3G SIM's will work with HSPA+ some won't. The new SIM's don't even say 3G on them anymore.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Some of the 3G SIM's will work with HSPA+ some won't. The new SIM's don't even say 3G on them anymore.
    Is the same TopTongueBarry that was waiting forever for the HP SLate 500 (As was I)?
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Is the same TopTongueBarry that was waiting forever for the HP SLate 500 (As was I)?
    Yes
    My slate 500 is now delegated to serve as my windows 7 car pc with usb gps and 3G data for internet.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by zlatan_t View Post
    when did you place your order? My order was at 17:35 and it was canceled.
    At 17:26, according to my confirmation e-mail. Sorry to hear that
    (If I don't like mine, I'll sell it to you ;-)
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    I found a sim adapter at a "cell phone accessory" store yesterday for $10 US (5 cents of plastic). Took my iPhone microsim and put it into my new HP Veer 4G. The phone immediately went to "Missing SIM - SOS Mode". I rebooted the phone. It actually rebooted on its own 2 more times and then came back online fully functional, HSPA mode, iPhone number and all.

What will be interesting is that I have a grandfathered "unlimited" data plan on that sim. I wonder of "A tea and tea" will squeek at me? Prolly not unless I go over some magic "heavy user" line in the sand. It drives me crazy that they sell you a bottle of unlimited water but you're not allowed to pour it into a glass to drink. LOL
    The phone cops are good. See my update to the sim swap on "a tea and tea" at http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...one4-veer.html
    Quote Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
    The transfer went through on Wednesday, but the email that they sent had the wrong currency mentioned in it.

It had asked me to do the transfer in Euros and that's what I did. But when I called them up, they mentioned that there was a confusion and the transfer should have been in Danish Kroner (I am trying to ship it to a friend in Denmark and the order is with expansys.dk). They apologized as it was their mistake not to mention the right currency.

Because of this currency confusion, the amount is with them, but in their 'Euro' account it seems (Their bank confirmed this to me and gave me a reference number). And the person who can confirm this from their accounts department is in UK and out of office and will be back only on Monday.

And my friend in Denmark leaves the country this weekend. So I have requested the shipping address to be changed to an address in UK (another friend of mine) and keeping my fingers crossed.

Pheeew, as complicated as it gets.
    After a week's waiting for the Expansys accounts department to confirm the transfer, my order finally shipped this Friday. Should be with my friend in UK on Monday. The irony is I had lost hope on this order and asked my friend to secure a QWERTY through CPW.

So have offered the AZERTY to a fellow Forum member and if it's turned down, I'll post it in the market place.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Update : Sat 10th Sept 19:00
    We will offer more of these units for sale on Monday 12th - time of day still be be confirmed.
    HP Pre 3 Sim Free AZERTY 8GB
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Fyi, I didn't come from an iPhone, but they did make me switch my unlimited data to unlimited 4G that cost a bit less.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I spoke to an assistant in CPW today and she told me they had purchased all the remaining Pre3 stock from HP and were only selling them on new contracts. I was in there asking about If I could hand my Pre3 back to them as I only wanted the Touchpad as I am more than happy with my Windows Phone but they wouldn't buy it back

She did say the last big shipment will be over the next two weeks and thats it but you can never tell If they are 100% correct.

P.S. I can't post in the buy/sell part of the forum so don't know If I can mention it here but I am in Walt Disney World from the 19th September till beginning of October so can always bring it over to sell in person (brand new and unopened). If I am not allowed to post on here please remove this, thankyou.
    Jive Turkey likes this.
    I just got by to check my order and noticed that it now says

Update : Sat 10th Sept 19:00
    We will offer more of these units for sale on Monday 12th - time of day still be be confirmed. Due to high demand we are imposing a limit of 1 unit per person. We will cancel any orders that are received in violation of this rule.
    We have worked through today to process and validate all those orders received on Thursday evening - so if your order did not already ship on Friday then it will have shipped by close of day Monday and should be with you within 24 to 48 hours depending on your country.

Note: The language (operating system ) of this unit can be set to English, German, French or Spanish - however the physical keyboard layout is that of French AZERTY.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Yes
    My slate 500 is now delegated to serve as my windows 7 car pc with usb gps and 3G data for internet.
    Mine is sitting on the shelf now that I have my TP. Gonna wait to see what Windows 8 brings. If I'm not impressed, its going on eBay.
    It arrived! (the azerty one from webOS Europe store) At least, that's what it says online on DHL. After work tonight, I'll be the (probably proud) owner of a Palm Pre 3 ^_^
    Welcome to the club! You won't regret it. But be careful to choose your App Catalog country wisely!
    @gregor_lln What country do you advice that I choose for my App store when I get mine in the comming days, as I'm living in Denmark there is no obvious choice.
    tweet from PSherlock at palm eurostore

HP #Pre3 AZERTY - available for order on Palm Eurostore. Limited amount of stock available. http://eurostore.plam.com
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I dont see the pre 3 on carphone warehouse anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    I dont see the pre 3 on carphone warehouse anymore.
    Sold out? Give them a call....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJC View Post
    @gregor_lln What country do you advice that I choose for my App store when I get mine in the comming days, as I'm living in Denmark there is no obvious choice.
    If I'm correct (search the forum there's lots of info in the "impostah" and "global app catalog" threads) Denmark is not on the list of authorised credit cards. In that case you have multiple choices: Either you link it to the US and create a US credit card. Or you choose a european App Catalog (with less app availability) which you link to a credit card from an accepted european country.

Personally As I'm located in Belgium I hesitated to link it to the US , or make my life easy and choose a European App Catalog (in the end I chose DE, but I am not sure I made the right choice).
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jester3397 View Post
    tweet from PSherlock at palm eurostore
    I might have got one but it took hours to complete the order. Site overload...
    (Query order status

Status Date
    Order was received 12/09/2011 (14:50)
    Partially paid 12/09/2011
    Qty. Item Description Unit price Discount Total price
    1 HP Pre 3 Sim Free AZERTY 8GB £169.99 £169.99

Subtotal: £169.99
    Not Set Delivery method: £0.00
    Credit / Debit Card Payment method: —
    Total amount: £169.99)

Regards,
    Per
    Last edited by Perus; 09/12/2011 at 09:08 AM.
    HP Pre 3 Azerty + Veer Qwertz, Nokia N900&E6
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Surprisigly enough my order went through, so anyone in the UK that wants one I can have it direrctly shipped to your door or for anyone here in the US, there will be an additional charge of 40 dollars since I have to have a family member in the UK ship for me to the US. This is for the azerty that was for sale at the eurostore yestterday.
    Jive Turkey likes this.