Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8 485354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1263
Like Tree68Likes
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    No way am i buying an AZERTY, that would drive me mad.

Why are they selling azerty phones for UK market? Madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansus View Post
    No way am i buying an AZERTY, that would drive me mad.

Why are they selling azerty phones for UK market? Madness.
    Helloooo ????? All the stocks of qwerty phones are probably taken by the uk telecom companies such as vodafone.

So you spit on eurostore for giving you the opportunity to get the phone even though it is azerty ?? You know what these azerty phones were for the France market to begin with and not the UK.

So please stop being silly
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildtiger View Post
    Helloooo ?????

Its ok, im just venting.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Who reads French?

129 euros, i presume the sad face means its sold out but might be one to watch.

TopAchat HP PRE 3
    Trop tard desole = sorry too late.
    According to their twitter they had 300 units some 13hours ago, and sold out within an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacstar View Post
    I was chatting by email with sales at Kickmobile. Apparently, they only ship to a verified home address when paying by paypal, so they wanted me to verify the shipping address again. Whew...threw me for a scare when they had someone elses name and address listed in their email which I had them quickly correct.
    How did you verify the address? Just tell it to them again? I tried to buy from Kickmobile the first time around when they "ran out" and cancelled my order. Then I went to try to buy again at the higher price and for some $#@! reason Paypal rejected my CC#. Paypal refused to even try to authorize the transaction with the bank just flat refused to use any CC I had. I called them and they said it was due to some top secret security check and they couldn't do anything to help me my only recourse was to link my checking account to paypal and pay that way (wasn't going to do that), or apply for a paypal credit card and use that(takes too long).

So I ended up wiring the money to kickmobile yesterday morning, not sure how long it takes to go international though they should be able to ship me my Pre3 soon.

I figure if paypal is rejecting my CC#s for kickmobile they probably won't take them for any other ebay purchases. I had read lots of horror stories about paypal over the years and cancelled my account with them many, many years ago. I signed up again solely for the pre3, and was beginning to think maybe paypal isn't so bad, and then they pull this.

I suspect I may of gotten flagged because I tried to buy ~$1000+ of Pre3s first from clove, then from kickmobile both resulted in the transactions getting canceled and refunded, maybe paypal didn't like that. Not my fault though!

I opened a new checking account with my bank on the same day with the intension of linking THAT to paypal and funding it instead of my main accounts, but then the bank said it would take 3-5 days for everything to get processed before I could actually use it.

I got another Pre3 from Greece this morning, an AZERTY one. I wasn't expecting AZERTY but then I went and checked the ebay auction and it did say AZERTY, so far it's not too difficult to get used to. Though if my other Pre3 ends up being QWERTY I'll use that and keep the AZERTY as a backup.

I just fired up my pre3 on my main palm profile and was surprised to see the number of my apps and games download to it, I haven't counted them but it seems like most of them are there, unlike the Veer which only got a small fraction of them. The 8GB really is tight for storage, after my apps/games I only have 3.5GB left (I think the phone comes with only about 5.6GB usable without any extra things installed).

Just finished backing up all of the apps from my pre3, now going to do full erase, sign the pre3 in to another profile, and restore the apps(I know I won't get updates - doesn't matter), and put my pre2 back on my main profile for now.

I haven't tried touch to share yet but was doing a bit of SMS via the TP this morning it was pretty neat.

desperate times..
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Wow kickmobiles has them but that is uber expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    Wow kickmobiles has them but that is uber expensive.
    At least it went down 20 GBP =P
    Once I get my Pre3 today, I'll have to grab a regular sized SIM from one of my older phones. Currently using an iPhone 4 and they have those lame microSIMS. Hopefully, I don't run into issues activating it with AT&T.
    I read somewhere that you could fit a microSIM since it is so tight. worth the try
    Once I get my Pre3 today, I'll have to grab a regular sized SIM from one of my older phones. Currently using an iPhone 4 and they have those lame microSIMS. Hopefully, I don't run into issues activating it with AT&T.
    You can get little plastic trays for the micro sims from amazon/ebay etc. Means that you aren't jamming it into the slot and possibly getting it stuck or breaking your SIM.
    The azerty ones from Palm Euroshop are shipping now already. Talk about efficiency!
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I found a sim adapter at a "cell phone accessory" store yesterday for $10 US (5 cents of plastic). Took my iPhone microsim and put it into my new HP Veer 4G. The phone immediately went to "Missing SIM - SOS Mode". I rebooted the phone. It actually rebooted on its own 2 more times and then came back online fully functional, HSPA mode, iPhone number and all.

What will be interesting is that I have a grandfathered "unlimited" data plan on that sim. I wonder of "A tea and tea" will squeek at me? Prolly not unless I go over some magic "heavy user" line in the sand. It drives me crazy that they sell you a bottle of unlimited water but you're not allowed to pour it into a glass to drink. LOL
    Amazon Germany has a few listed: HP Pre 3 - Amazon.de
    Can't you just go to your carrier store and ask for a new SIM? I don't think they charge for that (at least AT&T doesn't)
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Can't you just go to your carrier store and ask for a new SIM? I don't think they charge for that (at least AT&T doesn't)
    Chatted with AT&T rep last night online, he told me to bring the phone into a store. Since I've been on an iPhone 4, I have some modifications I have to do to my plan. I didn't get all the info because I lost connection. Looking on their website, they charge like $5.25 for a new SIM. I do have a couple extra so I'll be bringing those in this afternoon when I get off work.
    Chatted with AT&T rep last night online, he told me to bring the phone into a store. Since I've been on an iPhone 4, I have some modifications I have to do to my plan. I didn't get all the info because I lost connection. Looking on their website, they charge like $5.25 for a new SIM. I do have a couple extra so I'll be bringing those in this afternoon when I get off work.
    Alright!

Also, I found some Pre3 on Amazon that ship to the US. Starts at $599 (!).

Amazon.com: HP Pre 3 8GB Black Factory Unlocked QWERTY Keyboard GSM Smart Phone with HP web OS 2.2, Touchscreen, WiFi, GPS (3G GSM 900/1900/2100): Cell Phones & Accessories

Sorry if already posted!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerials View Post
    The azerty ones from Palm Euroshop are shipping now already. Talk about efficiency!
    when did you place your order? My order was at 17:35 and it was canceled.
    Get the new sim, It's HSPA+ compatable. Not all of the older ones are.
    Course, with the UK Pre 3 it won't matter, but for the Veer it will.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Oh... didn't know that. I looked at them. 1 is out of a USB wireless air-card and the other is from my old Tilt2. They both had the 3g logo on them from what I could tell. Is there any other identifiers I should look for?