Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3 434849505152535455565758 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1263
Like Tree68Likes
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyroochoo View Post
    @ 60milesmile forget using the 7 day cooling off period, you cannot return the handset (i assume you have opened it and used it),
    Yes you can, long as its in merchandisable quality.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Anyone else see that Kickmobiles got a bit of stock and it selling them for north of 429 pounds pre-VAT?

Ouch.
    I just told them to get stuffed on twitter and told em i would never buy anything from them again, no matter what the price.

See if that helps bring it down a bit..
  3. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansus View Post
    Not according to CPW, you can power on the phone, but not make any calls or store anything in memory. And you can't return the SIM (to cancel the contract) if you've removed it from its holder. On the plus side, they give you 14 days to sit and look at the phone
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I see that Mobiles are offering a free Touchpad with any contract phone, except.. yep, you guessed it, the Pre3.

These people are truly clueless.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
    Not according to CPW, you can power on the phone,
    Youve just agreed with what i said.
  7. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    You don't have to wait for a bill to call them. Call Vodafone right after you got the contract and ask them to buy it all off. It will only cost you 205 instead of 255.
    But if you cancel the contract straight away you won't get the 50 Quidco cashback, so you're no better off (other than not being tied for 2 years). Better to leave it running for the first quarter until that payment comes though, then use the 50 towards paying of the remaining balance. I'll probably just leave it running until term, that way I get a spare SIM to use if I'm somewhere out of my regular network coverage.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I just told them to get stuffed on twitter and told em i would never buy anything from them again, no matter what the price.

See if that helps bring it down a bit..
    I was thinking instead of "KICKmobiles" they might take a run at a new name:
    "DICKmobiles"?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
    But if you cancel the contract straight away you won't get the 50 Quidco cashback, so you're no better off (other than not being tied for 2 years). Better to leave it running for the first quarter until that payment comes though, then use the 50 towards paying of the remaining balance. I'll probably just leave it running until term, that way I get a spare SIM to use if I'm somewhere out of my regular network coverage.
    The reason it only costs 205 to buy out the contract is because, if I recall correctly, they don't charge you VAT on the line rental for the months you haven't paid yet.

So if you wait for three months to pass, then you'll save less money on the line rental - but you should still get the cashback from Quidco.
    Quote Originally Posted by applecup View Post
    The reason it only costs 205 to buy out the contract is because, if I recall correctly, they don't charge you VAT on the line rental for the months you haven't paid yet.

So if you wait for three months to pass, then you'll save less money on the line rental - but you should still get the cashback from Quidco.
    so I bought my pre- on the first day of release in the uk with O2 - so up for renewal next month. My plan is to get them too beat the 10 giffgaff deal with a new android or I leave. If they accept I'll sell the android and keep my number and sim and use the vodafone pre3 from CFW.

i 'll pay off Vodafone after quidco has cleared.

if O2 can't beat giffgaff I'll leave port my number and use a giffgaff sim in the Vodafone pre3 & payoff Vodafone as before.(giffgaff is a far better deal than vodafone).

either way I get a pre3 for 205 quid & 10 pound a month bills - I might even make a profit if I can sell on the android....

anyone know a better or simpler route?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Ive called my cousin in the UK, hopefully he will be getting a pre 3 tommorow!
    I see that Mobiles are offering a free Touchpad with any contract phone, except.. yep, you guessed it, the Pre3.

These people are truly clueless.
    They are offering the Free touchpad on a Vodafone 24 month 15.50 per month contract starting tomorrow/today (ie. the 7th) at 10am
    Well I've got no experience of WebOS, and I know it's a dead end product, but I needed a cheap phone and I particularly wanted Skype integration. So the Pre3 seemed the right choice for a year.

So I just ordered a Pre3 on Vodaphone from mobiles.co.uk. 12 month contract @ 41.00pcm with 9 free months, so a total cost of 123.00 inc VAT (and I can reclaim the VAT, too!). And I have 600mins + unlimited texts + 500mb per month. What a great deal! I might even order another one and sell it on eBay. ;-)

Now I just have to avoid falling in love with WebOS while I have the phone. I just hope the battery life doesn't suck as much as I've heard it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallan View Post
    Well I've got no experience of WebOS, and I know it's a dead end product, but I needed a cheap phone and I particularly wanted Skype integration. So the Pre3 seemed the right choice for a year.

So I just ordered a Pre3 on Vodaphone from mobiles.co.uk. 12 month contract @ 41.00pcm with 9 free months, so a total cost of 123.00 inc VAT (and I can reclaim the VAT, too!). And I have 600mins + unlimited texts + 500mb per month. What a great deal! I might even order another one and sell it on eBay. ;-)

Now I just have to avoid falling in love with WebOS while I have the phone. I just hope the battery life doesn't suck as much as I've heard it does.
    How does that "x months free" stuff work? Does it actually come out as you'd expect (e.g. Pre3 with cheap 12-month contract and 9 months free = 3 x 36), or are there hidden charges?
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    Ive called my cousin in the UK, hopefully he will be getting a pre 3 tommorow!
    Can your cousin get 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    It will only cost you 205 instead of 255. Then go buy yourself a touchstone for 50 !!!!
    Nearly correct, the 205 they quoted me with was without VAT, when you add the VAT, the total cost of ownership will be 245.19
    Its better to be over the hill than buried under it.
    Nearly correct, the 205 they quoted me with was without VAT, when you add the VAT, the total cost of ownership will be 245.19
    Too bad
    I still have 9 mon left with my pre contract on O2 and they refused to relieve the VAT if I pay the cancellating fee

unfortunately not,

if you open the phone and use it then you arent able to return it, with this they are quite specific.
    Its better to be over the hill than buried under it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_mc99 View Post
    If anyone falls through and you'd share with a guy in Canada, let me know.
    ok last guy is a kid in Canada
    fredewins likes this.
    Well do I have to screenshot my credit card statement to prove the 205? lol
    I will if I have to :P