Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 424748495051525354555657 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1263
Like Tree68Likes
  1. #1021  
    I've just spotted this - and bought one this morning (Tues). order is being processed and I went through quidco (which I use a lot - its excellent). I'll update on progress....

    I've the 7 day cool off period to work out how to cancel! the T&C says they can charge a cancellation fee - as anyone any experience of getting this far? how do I make sure they only charge me (10.50*24)?
  2. #1022  
    @VasTheGreek - I bought from Cleverbox.co.uk for 199 , but I am sure you are aware of that when you sell on Ebay there is cost involve. i.e. 10% + listing fee & my time.

    @WebOSNoMad - Its only down to you mate, whether you want to buy from someone with 0 rating. I know lot of people would do.
  3. #1023  
    Probably naive of me to even ask, but I assume I can't use an overseas credit card for the mobiles/carphone warehouse deals right? i am going to london on a biz trip in mid-september, and i was wondering if there was a remote possibility for me to sign up and then immediately cancel the contract.

    [edit: yeah figured there was a local credit check =P]
  4. #1024  
    Quote Originally Posted by crayolarocks View Post
    Probably naive of me to even ask, but I assume I can't use an overseas credit card for the mobiles/carphone warehouse deals right? i am going to london on a biz trip in mid-september, and i was wondering if there was a remote possibility for me to sign up and then immediately cancel the contract.
    you won't pass the credit check. It's not the credit card issue.
  5. #1025  
    Yeah I'd be incredibly surprised if you could do this without a UK address. I seem to remember having trouble even getting a contract with Orange when my name wasn't on the electoral register that matched the billing address.
  6. #1026  
    @ 60milesmile forget using the 7 day cooling off period, you cannot return the handset (i assume you have opened it and used it),

    wait until you get a bill from vodafone, call them up and cancel the contract, they will charge you 10.50*24.

    other networks dont charge VAT on the line rental if you are cancelling early, others (like 3), give up to a 10% discount..
    Last edited by Andyroochoo; 09/06/2011 at 05:05 AM. Reason: syntax error
    Its better to be over the hill than buried under it.
  7. #1027  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyroochoo View Post
    @ 60milesmile forget using the 7 day cooling off period, you cannot return the handset (i assume you have opened it and used it),

    wait until you get a bill from vodafone, call them up and cancel the contract, they will charge you 10.50*24.

    other networks dont charge VAT on the line rental if you are cancelling early, others (like 3), give up to a 10% discount..
    You don't have to wait for a bill to call them. Call Vodafone right after you got the contract and ask them to buy it all off. It will only cost you 205 instead of 255. Then go buy yourself a touchstone for 50 !!!!
    Last edited by VasTheGreek; 09/06/2011 at 07:19 AM.
  8. #1028  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikasvaish View Post
    @VasTheGreek - I bought from Cleverbox.co.uk for 199 , but I am sure you are aware of that when you sell on Ebay there is cost involve. i.e. 10% + listing fee & my time.
    Your time? Well exactly....you bought it to sell it on and make profit. I don't wanna start an argument but you know I am right. I bought 2 from Cleverboxes and 2 from CFW and gave the spare 3 at the cost price, ignoring any of my time and hassle, even though 2 of them offered to pay me extra. And if you don't believe me, I can tell you who I bought for. And I even had to get through the credit check to get them from CFW. Am I an *****? Maybe.. Do I love this OS? YES !!!!

    On the other hand if you were not even interested in the platform you shouldn't have bought one. You are an opportunist !!! I just hope nobody buys that device....
    sylau90, The Bard, brum and 2 others like this.
  9. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #1029  
    Anyone else see that Kickmobiles got a bit of stock and it selling them for north of 429 pounds pre-VAT?

    Ouch.

    Makes 250 seem quite generous.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  10. sylau90's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    #1030  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Your time? Well exactly....you bought it to sell it on and make profit. I don't wanna start an argument but you know I am right. I bought 2 from Cleverboxes and 2 from CFW and gave the spare 3 at the cost price, ignoring any of my time and hassle, even though 2 of them offered to pay me extra. And if you don't believe me, I can tell you who I bought for. And I even had to get through the credit check to get them from CFW. Am I an *****? Maybe.. Do I love this OS? YES !!!!

    On the other hand if you were not even interested in the platform you shouldn't have bought one. You are an opportunist !!! I just hope nobody buys that device....
    Good point Vas...Hate opportunist...They made me can't get my first and last webOS device from expansys.fr...and they sell them on ebay at sky high prices.

    Vas,great man...lol...If I not mistaken you bought for the real sconix and jason,right?thanks for contributing os much for the community.
  11. sylau90's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    #1031  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Your time? Well exactly....you bought it to sell it on and make profit. I don't wanna start an argument but you know I am right. I bought 2 from Cleverboxes and 2 from CFW and gave the spare 3 at the cost price, ignoring any of my time and hassle, even though 2 of them offered to pay me extra. And if you don't believe me, I can tell you who I bought for. And I even had to get through the credit check to get them from CFW. Am I an *****? Maybe.. Do I love this OS? YES !!!!

    On the other hand if you were not even interested in the platform you shouldn't have bought one. You are an opportunist !!! I just hope nobody buys that device....
    Good point Vas...Hate opportunist...They made me can't get my first and last webOS device from expansys.fr...and they sell them on ebay at sky high prices.

    Vas,great man...lol...If I not mistaken you bought for the real sconix and jason,right?thanks for contributing os much for the community.
  12. #1032  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Anyone else see that Kickmobiles got a bit of stock and it selling them for north of 429 pounds pre-VAT?

    Ouch.

    Makes 250 seem quite generous.
    But can you not then apply to HP to get your refund after you receive the phone?
  13. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #1033  
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion158 View Post
    But can you not then apply to HP to get your refund after you receive the phone?
    If you can manage to order today but buy it before August 23rd I suppose you could
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  14. #1034  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    If you can manage to order today but buy it before August 23rd I suppose you could
    Yeah I just saw that whole August 23rd thing after I posted. Oh well. Will just have to keep saving and searching.
  15. #1035  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Anyone else see that Kickmobiles got a bit of stock and it selling them for north of 429 pounds pre-VAT?

    Ouch.

    Makes 250 seem quite generous.
    Yep. Glad I didn't wait for them!

    Here's the link in case anyone wants:

    HP Pre 3 8GB Black | Kickmobiles > Home
  16. #1036  
    Quote Originally Posted by sylau90 View Post
    Good point Vas...Hate opportunist...They made me can't get my first and last webOS device from expansys.fr...and they sell them on ebay at sky high prices.

    Vas,great man...lol...If I not mistaken you bought for the real sconix and jason,right?thanks for contributing os much for the community.
    JasonR, DerekK and 1 more guy which I'm still waiting on his payment...
    crayolarocks likes this.
  17. #1037  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    JasonR, DerekK and 1 more guy which I'm still waiting on his payment...
    wow thanks for helping the community
  18. #1038  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyroochoo View Post
    if you dont want to shell out hundreds straight away, mobiles.co.uk have a pre 3 for 10.50 a month and the phone is free (and unlocked), (comes on vodafone) ordered mine 2nd september, delivered 3rd september.

    total cost of ownership 252. not even going to use the vodafone sim as im with three. im even tempted to take out another one and keep it as a spare.
    I ordered one on sunday the 4th. Nothing yet. Im with the email which they sent me saying "We've received your order - as soon as it's been approved we'll email you to say it's coming "
    Ditched my O2 contract for this hope they approve it.

    How is it with the 100mb inclusive data on the contract? Does vodafone charge you for going over (other then doing that excessively every month)?

    I compared my data bill for my pre plus and galaxy s2 ...i did go over 240mb a month every time with the pre, (the galaxy reaches 450mb). This concerns me a bit.
    Tethering out of question?
    "Humanity wasn't ready for WebOS"

    Pre - uk day 1
    Pre + uk Replacement
    HP Touchpad 16 GB Day 1
    HP Pre 3 Vodafone
  19. #1039  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrePetikeis View Post
    I compared my data bill for my pre plus and galaxy s2 ...i did go over 240mb a month every time with the pre, (the galaxy reaches 450mb). This concerns me a bit.
    Tethering out of question?
    Well I think you kinda anwered your own question! 100Mb sounds like a bit of a struggle. I find 500 is good for 'don't do anything silly and you can not worry about your data consumption', so no youtube, videos etc (or at least rarely), just emails (not worry about leaving it to check often), forums, twitter and general checking what you need to on t'interweb when not at home.

    Afraid I don't know vodafone very well, I believe they don't charge for tethering (although I'd advise to stay clear given your data allowance) and they charge extra when you go over your data allowance, rather than throttle the connection. I think its 1 per 50MB or so.

    I don't know if vodafone do any 'free wifi in hotspots' deal, but my experience with O2 is they tend to be fairly uncommon outside of the city, and the connection is generally slow.
  20. #1040  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    JasonR, DerekK and 1 more guy which I'm still waiting on his payment...
    If anyone falls through and you'd share with a guy in Canada, let me know.

Posting Permissions