Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1263
Like Tree68Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by miafey View Post
    by that time your record would show the contract "cancelled", not "paid off".
    To me it is the difference between 'cancelled' and 'paid off' that makes the difference. I would consider my case to be the altter, ie. 'paid off' rather than cancelled. In fact if I understand correctly, the SIM would continue to function for the term of the contract. Which to me suggests that the contract is not really "cancelled", but rather is simply "paid up" and thus 'quidco' ought to get their commisions too.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Have you considered routing your order with 'carphonewarehouse.com' thru Quidco - The UK's No.1 Cashback & Voucher Codes Site Doing that would net you a 50 cash back from them. This would effectively bring the total cost down to 202 = 252 - 50.

PS: I personally cannot vouch for this, but another member posted this in a another thread.
    can you please post the link of cpw 10 gbp /month offer through quidco
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran9558 View Post
    can you please post the link of cpw 10 gbp /month offer through quidco
    I think you simply register at the quidco website and from there you click on the link to carphonewarehouse or maybe Vodafone. I am not sure since it was my frined who has actually placed the order for me. Once you click onthe link, you would get a message about leaving the quidco site, or something to that effect and then you will be taken to the carphonewarehouse website, where you can place the order.

To me it is the difference between 'cancelled' and 'paid off' that makes the difference. I would consider my case to be the altter, ie. 'paid off' rather than cancelled. In fact if I understand correctly, the SIM would continue to function for the term of the contract. Which to me suggests that the contract is not really "cancelled", but rather is simply "paid up" and thus 'quidco' ought to get their commisions too.
    Your SIM will continue to function?? On a PAYG basis?
    So far as I understand the 205 you paid is called "cancellation fee". It's just incidentally equal to the amount you have to pay for your entire contract.

Well we can simply wait for a month and see if you can get the transaction confirmed or validated on the quidco.
    Your SIM will continue to function?? On a PAYG basis?
    So far as I understand the 205 you paid is called "cancellation fee". It's just incidentally equal to the amount you have to pay for your entire contract.

Well we can simply wait for a month and see if you can get the transaction confirmed or validated on the quidco.
    Actually, you are most probably right. I don't really know how it works and my statement was based totally on hearsay and conjecture. We in India don't have contracts and everyone buys their phones outright without being bound to any sort of contract. Thus I am not familiar with how the contracts work.

Actually, you are most probably right. I don't really know how it works and my statement was based totally on hearsay and conjecture. We in India don't have contracts and everyone buys their phones outright without being bound to any sort of contract. Thus I am not familiar with how the contracts work.
    Well, a typical UK thing. Used to be 12 month, and then 18, and now 24...
    Quidco is not as good as it was either. Cashback used to be based on the amount you pay, now based on the price exc. VAT. And now you can not use any promotion code together with the cash back for a lot of the shops.

Life is not easy....
    i've trying to get a pre 3 but voda don't want to give it to me,i don't even have an alternative phone that i like cause my upgrade was due back in june.
    i just wish carphone would wave this exclusivity with voda.
    i'm really mad at hp,vodafone and cpw
    Quote Originally Posted by Maracuja View Post
    i've trying to get a pre 3 but voda don't want to give it to me,i don't even have an alternative phone that i like cause my upgrade was due back in june.
    i just wish carphone would wave this exclusivity with voda.
    i'm really mad at hp,vodafone and cpw
    So are you in a new 12/18/24 month contract then?

You could terminate your contract, pay off the remainder, port your number to a PAYG SIM from another provider and then start a new contract with Voda through CPW.

A mate did a similar thing some years back when Orange would only provide their best deals for new customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    So are you in a new 12/18/24 month contract then?

You could terminate your contract, pay off the remainder, port your number to a PAYG SIM from another provider and then start a new contract with Voda through CPW.

A mate did a similar thing some years back when Orange would only provide their best deals for new customers.
    I think he failed the credit check...
    I think he failed the credit check...
    i lived at 4 addresses in the last 3 years
    credit check is a biatch,my only option is with O2
    News today at: HP Pre 3 Price Drop News

"A meeting is scheduled with HP on Tuesday 6th September to finalise the Pre 3 situation. We hope to be able to release a full statement regarding pricing and credits by the end of play on the 6th. Thank you for your patience."
    Does box have anything in stock??

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Maracuja View Post
    i lived at 4 addresses in the last 3 years
    credit check is a biatch,my only option is with O2
    Get a mate of yours to get you one
    It willonly cost you 205 to pay it all up front and a 6pack of beers for your mate
    Is there someone who has the chance to get another pre3 (qwerty) for my friend? He has preordered one at Eurostore, Cyberport and Amazon and they all get cancelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Get a mate of yours to get you one
    It willonly cost you 205 to pay it all up front and a 6pack of beers for your mate
    Question - I have a co-worker with family in England. If I were explaining to them what I wanted, would I just tell them to look at this page:
    HP Pre3 FREE from 10.5 per month on contract - The Carphone Warehouse

And then go into a CarPhoneWarehouse, buy that and pay it all up front to cancel for 206 pounds?
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_mc99 View Post
    Question - I have a co-worker with family in England. If I were explaining to them what I wanted, would I just tell them to look at this page:
    HP Pre3 FREE from 10.5 per month on contract - The Carphone Warehouse

And then go into a CarPhoneWarehouse, buy that and pay it all up front to cancel for 206 pounds?
    In the UK a contract like this is normal enough and something most people would be familiar with. They might not be familiar with Quidco, the cashback site that will give you their commission (essentially) by clicking a link to carphonewarehouse through their site. They also are unlikely to have ever cancelled a phone contract before completion. So you just need to instruct them to phone vodafone and cancel the contract... to do this they basically pay the price it would have cost them over 24 months upfront (I think it only ends up being less because you dont have to then pay the vat).
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofbeans View Post
    So you just need to instruct them to phone vodafone and cancel the contract... to do this they basically pay the price it would have cost them over 24 months upfront (I think it only ends up being less because you dont have to then pay the vat).
    Thanks for that tidbit of info.

Just ordered my Pre 3...eagerly waiting like a kid at Christmas for my confirmation email!
    Any shops in europe where its still available?
    Quote Originally Posted by SebbyC View Post
    Just ordered my Pre 3...eagerly waiting like a kid at Christmas for my confirmation email!
    from?