Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
  1. rs1
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    This whole episode has depressed the hell out of me. I've taken time off work just to trawl web sites and I'm going to have to do double shifts at the weekend to make up and I have a big fat zero to show for it.
    It's depressing all right. But on the bright side, a month from now ebay will be full of profiteers looking to sell off their WebOS devices because they don't know what to do with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ac0n View Post
    Got a second one fro the wife! woot!
    How???
    I've taken time off work just to trawl web sites and I'm going to have to do double shifts at the weekend to make up and I have a big fat zero to show for it.
    Did you try to push through the Eurostore site with constant refreshing? Hopefully you'll get your phone.

I clicked and refreshed yesterday through in Germany's HP site up until the shipping information just to find out that they do not ship to Finland. In the evening I realized that I actually do know people who live in Germany. Guess if there was any touchpads left at that time...
    Looks like the Eurostore is back up, but it's really slow and still says 299...
    I can't get through on the phone either.
    Quote Originally Posted by rs1 View Post
    It's depressing all right. But on the bright side, a month from now ebay will be full of profiteers looking to sell off their WebOS devices because they don't know what to do with them.
    I don't think it will work like that. This has fired up people and when they see these "ipad-type-things" for 200 quid as opposed to real ipad prices they'll still think it's a bargain.

What will REALLY make me mad is if I see them with andriod preinstalled. That'll be like a dagger through my heart.
    kingofbeans likes this.
    I just noticed my order confirmation has arrived, listing the full price. It took more that 10 minutes for the confirmation email to come through.

There is no mention of a touchstone in the order, so I hope the one I got for my recent pre 2 will work.

BTW - I was lucky enough to pick up a touchstone at the cex store for 8, so for those looking for one it may be worth a browse.
    Quote Originally Posted by juristi View Post
    Did you try to push through the Eurostore site with constant refreshing? Hopefully you'll get your phone.

I clicked and refreshed yesterday through in Germany's HP site up until the shipping information just to find out that they do not ship to Finland. In the evening I realized that I actually do know people who live in Germany. Guess if there was any touchpads left at that time...
    Yes I'm F5-ing like a man posessed, I don't even get and error jsut the site is taking too long to respond. I've given up chasing touchpads now, but I want the pre3 that I've been waiting for since february (even though I only recently bought a Pre2!! how much of a mug do i feel?)
    How are you guys getting US shipments if the Euro store doesn't allow you to do so?

Will I be forced to order from handbreak !??
    I ordered a new touchstone just in case, it can't hurt having a spare.
    Anyone checked to see if the full amount is actually debited from the card?
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    How???
    Have placed the order about 30 min before, just got confirmation email
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Hello all. This is a general question to the forum as I am a new member as of today. I am living in the states and have been following the Pre 3 news since February this year. I am currently just past 1 yr on my iphone 4 2yr contract and want to try out the new pre 3, but hesitant to pay full price for it. I have heard that the pre community is a vibrant one and am not worried about hp just dumping webOS hardware.

That being said, I have a quandary. My plan was to just order a pre 3 and swap out sim cards (using a microsim to sim adapter). Just worried that it may not work. I do not want to cancel my contract early, and don't want to pay for a new data plan. Does anyone have any experience doing this for a pre 2 or other pre device.
    Just been on the phone and I was told that the there will be a discount within the next 24 hours. He could not confirm the price exactly be he said around 120 with a number of accessories included. If you order now, you will be refunded the difference after the price drops.
    Going to take my chances now and try and place an order on the web store!
    Quote Originally Posted by rhp777 View Post
    Hello all. This is a general question to the forum as I am a new member as of today. I am living in the states and have been following the Pre 3 news since February this year. I am currently just past 1 yr on my iphone 4 2yr contract and want to try out the new pre 3, but hesitant to pay full price for it. I have heard that the pre community is a vibrant one and am not worried about hp just dumping webOS hardware.

That being said, I have a quandary. My plan was to just order a pre 3 and swap out sim cards (using a microsim to sim adapter). Just worried that it may not work. I do not want to cancel my contract early, and don't want to pay for a new data plan. Does anyone have any experience doing this for a pre 2 or other pre device.
    I'm afraid we're having a tough enough time getting hold of them ourselves right now, and word is they're refusing to ship outside europe anyway.

However, hypothetically, the Pre3 is supposed to be a world phone so it should work. BUT, and this is a very big but, you're unlikely to get 3G whatever network your on, and might be hard pushed to get mobile internet AT ALL, so you probably don't even want to stress yourself out thinking about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoidmarvin View Post
    Just been on the phone and I was told that the there will be a discount within the next 24 hours. He could not confirm the price exactly be he said around 120 with a number of accessories included. If you order now, you will be refunded the difference after the price drops.
    Going to take my chances now and try and place an order on the web store!
    Good luck with that. I've been trying for the last two hours.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    If the price drop goes through, just to experience the webOS for the first time after hearing such glowing reviews about it is worth it. BUT, only for the price drop though.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    This is worse than the comet website yesterday :-\
    Quote Originally Posted by rhp777 View Post

If you are on AT&T, the 3G should work.
    Definitely can't work on CDMA networks like Sprint. And T-Mobile is on a different 3G frequency. So that is out too...
    OK, I'm going to have to stop trying the eurostore for a while as my stress levels are becoming unmanagable. I feel a repeat of yesterdays touchpad antics coming on and being left with nothing because these supposedly high availability servers just aren't up to the job.
    I've got one waiting in the basket and I cannot check out... So frustrating.