Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Now that the cashback site featured at the frontpage turned out to be legit it means that any Pre3 or Touchpad activated before august 23rd will get a nice discount. I bet they still will sell for crazy money of eBay even though they "just been used for 30min".

So darn frustrating trying to get hold of a device, how about HP let us who registred a Pre in 2009-2010 get a shot at buying a device?
    Agree....doesn't sound fair...
    it doesn't sound fair because it isnt ,yet again another farce of a situation with no communication from HP at all.Great products,shoddy customer service. I do like my pre 3 though so I suppose I should be happy.
    Just been offered a brand new unlocked Pre3 for 269 + VAT.

CPW deal seems good. Anyone know if it's SIM locked. I don't think there's an unlock availiable for it yet, so i'd probably have to cancel what's left of my O2 deal and move across to Voda, in which case i'd need a more expensive plan to get some internet data. And then it starts to get complected.
    The Pre3 is only available unlocked. Thus you do not need to worry about unlocking or having to change service providers.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post

CPW deal seems good. Anyone know if it's SIM locked. I don't think there's an unlock availiable for it yet, so i'd probably have to cancel what's left of my O2 deal and move across to Voda, in which case i'd need a more expensive plan to get some internet data. And then it starts to get complected.
    I received my pre 3 from cpw yesterday with the vodaphone 10.50 a month contract and it is not sim locked at all no branding whatsoever. I'm using mine with my 3 sim.
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    However good news is that I cancelled the vodafone deal today and paid for it up front. All they charged me was 205 and some pennies

So if you pay up front and cancel the line it is cheaper than 252 !!!!!
    Am I understanding you correctly, that if you pay upfront for the entire 24 month contract, then you pay only 205 and not 252? So if one were to route the purchase via Quidco - The UK's No.1 Cashback & Voucher Codes Site, then effectively one could actually get the phone for approx. 160 keeping in mind the cash back that would be received from Quidco. Right?

cheers todders. So definately not sim locked great. I might give it a go with the quidco deal too tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Now that the cashback site featured at the frontpage turned out to be legit it means that any Pre3 or Touchpad activated before august 23rd will get a nice discount. I bet they still will sell for crazy money of eBay even though they "just been used for 30min".

So darn frustrating trying to get hold of a device, how about HP let us who registred a Pre in 2009-2010 get a shot at buying a device?
    Can't agree more. If they do not want to acknowledge our long-term loyalty at least use some "one order per person" policy. I've been trying to get hold of a TP for the last 2 weeks or so but with no luck. Wherever gets any stock it goes in 60 sec. Someone knew nothing about webos before the sale could have the luck to buy several units just for easy money.

Well, HP just doesn't care. They want to please those who make money from their products, not those who love and actually use their products
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post

Unlocked.... Enjoy
    Read my previous post. CPW deal will cost you 205 if you pay it all upfront, so buy it from there instead I did the same today....
    Guys I know some of you got excited when I said I got 2 Pre's from CPW today. They are not for sale, since they are already for 2 other guys. I'm sorry if I misled you. I was just posting more information to the forum....sorry....

They won't let me have any more, cause it's down to Vodafone not CPW. Aparently you can only take 2 phones every 3 months....Is it b******t ? Maybe...that's what they told me. But the cost of the deal is 205 to you if you pay it all up front and cancel the line.

Funny thing was Vodafone customer services today must have asked me like 5 times if I wanted to send the phone back and why did I want to leave. lol

Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Am I understanding you correctly, that if you pay upfront for the entire 24 month contract, then you pay only 205 and not 252? So if one were to route the purchase via Quidco - The UK's No.1 Cashback & Voucher Codes Site, then effectively one could actually get the phone for approx. 160 keeping in mind the cash back that would be received from Quidco. Right?
    I cannot comment on quidco cause I don't know what their deal is.

However Vodafone only charged me 205 cause I pay less VAT or they didn't charge me for VAT at all since I never used the line. I ordered the phones 2 days ago. I got the device today and I cancelled today. Never used the sim to make calls ot anything.
    Sorry to spam the forums....if any non-opportunitists (ie trying to resell a Pre for profit) in the forums that want to help others in AUS, USA, CAN etc...please do so !!!
    We got to keep the webOS devices going. It will keep developers busy if the demand is there and keep the platform alive

If I could help more I would....
    sorry for the preaching...
    crayolarocks likes this.
    I don't think you'll qualify for the quidco cashback if you cancel your contract. Your transaction will be traced straight away but won't be confirmed, let alone paid, if your contract is cancelled.
    205 is good enough though.
    Quote Originally Posted by miafey View Post
    I don't think you'll qualify for the quidco cashback if you cancel your contract. Your transaction will be traced straight away but won't be confirmed, let alone paid, if your contract is cancelled.
    205 is good enough though.
    Not saying that you are wrong, But I don't understand why my paying the money up-front should matter to Quidco. After all Vodafone did get their money and in fact they get their money all up front instead of over 24 installments. Thus Quidco would still be getting their commission and thus should have no problem in passing on the cash back to the customer.

Not saying that you are wrong, But I don't understand why my paying the money up-front should matter to Quidco. After all Vodafone did get their money and in fact they get their money all up front instead of over 24 installments. Thus Quidco would still be getting their commission and thus should have no problem in passing on the cash back to the customer.
    Possibly...but you saying that if you don't get 40 cashback you wont get a Pre3?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    ....well technically Vodafone lose out on 50 if you cancel early as the cost would be 252 over 24 months. So may have repercussions for Quidco ... Alternatively I wonder if you wait until the cashback is paid and then cancel what they would charge?!
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Possibly...but you saying that if you don't get 40 cashback you wont get a Pre3?
    Not suggesting anything even close to that. In fact the truth is, that if it finally came down to it, I would probably pay upto 400 including shipping, for the Pre3. But fortunately, I probably won't have to do that. For my Pre3 is already on it's way to my friend's house for delivery on Friday. Got the shipping notice with the tracking number already. My friend ordered with CPW after he registered with quidco.com and then inadvertantly without realizing ordered the Pre3 thru 'quidco'. He actually went thru the whole ordering process and it was only when he got an email from quidco saying thank you for odering thru them, that he realized that the order had been placed thru quidco. So let's see how it goes and what the phone finally ends up costing. I presume the cost would either be 205 - 45 (approx.) = 160 in the best case scenario, or simply 205, with the worst case scenario being 252. In the meantime, I still have to figure out how to get the phone from UK to India. The courier companies are a total rip off. If Handtec can afford to ship to India for 20 via DHL, then why does it cost an individual customer almost 85 to do the same.

In the meantime, I still have to figure out how to get the phone from UK to India. The courier companies are a total rip off. If Handtec can afford to ship to India for 20 via DHL, then why does it cost an individual customer almost 85 to do the same.
    Try interparcel dot com. I used them to ship to Canada and USA yesterday and today. They seem to be the cheapest with the major transport companies, instead of going direct. Do NOT pick any explicit paper/document deals !!! You will play a penalty in the end. Pick a package deal

Good luck
    Quidco does not care if you pay voda the money or not. All it cares is if you stay on the contract until at least the payment is confirmed which is about 1 months later. You actually cancelled the contract. It does not say in the T&C for carphone warehouse but look at the T&C for voda on Quidco:
    "All orders can take up to 48 hours to track in to your account and can take approximately 1 month to confirm from date of purchase (i.e. confirm if a valid order and not returned/cancelled). "

So it should work in the same way for cpw because quidco always takes at least 1 month to confirm the transaction, and by that time your record would show the contract "cancelled", not "paid off".

At least that's what I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by nips View Post
    ....well technically Vodafone lose out on 50 if you cancel early as the cost would be 252 over 24 months. So may have repercussions for Quidco ... Alternatively I wonder if you wait until the cashback is paid and then cancel what they would charge?!
    The rest of the monthly rental (ex. VAT)
    No need to wait until it's paid, "confirmed" will be fine