Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 364142434445464748495051 56 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    Just got my first 2 Pre3s today !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Just got my first 2 Pre3s today !!!!
    from Cleverboxes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansus View Post
    Matters not where the stock is, but who has the rights to it. Hence why today you can only buy a Pre3 on contract, with Voda.
    You can't buy it with Vodafone though. Go to the Vodafone website and you won't see a single mention of the Pre 3, HP, Palm or anything anywhere. Carphone Warehouse own the stock and have got an agreement with Vodafone to sell it with their SIM only contracts. They do this with phones all the time. Notice how the only places in the world right now that have the Pre 3 in stock are CPW and Mobiles.co.uk (part of the CPW group)? Because they are the national retailer mentioned that bought all the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by sylau90 View Post
    the cheapest plan is 10pounds per month for 18 month(Vodafone),so is 180 pound for the whole period.
    It's 24 months actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by local.bin View Post
    from Cleverboxes?
    Yes (I got one for me and one for Jason R) and I got 2 more on order from CarPhoneWarehouse. I spoke to Voda, you should be able to buy up front the contract. Obviously they are not for me, but the only way to source them was CPW now...

Cleverboxes was the cheapest source but they haven't got any left...
    Just had my Pre3 delivered (am actually using it to write this) and it was from the Mobile Phones Direct place mentioned before.

Did ask and they said that they have 'a couple of hundred in stock' and that there won't be a price drop as they've already paid for the phones, they're selling them at cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSnomad View Post
    Just had my Pre3 delivered (am actually using it to write this) and it was from the Mobile Phones Direct place mentioned before.

Did ask and they said that they have 'a couple of hundred in stock' and that there won't be a price drop as they've already paid for the phones, they're selling them at cost.
    I very much doubt that they're selling them at cost, but I guess you have to take them at their word.

Now, what I am interested in is this: is your phone locked or could you put a non-vodafone sim into it? I'm still with O2 and don't especially want to move.
    Yes (I got one for me and one for Jason R) and I got 2 more on order from CarPhoneWarehouse. I spoke to Voda, you should be able to buy up front the contract. Obviously they are not for me, but the only way to source them was CPW now...

Cleverboxes was the cheapest source but they haven't got any left...
    I ordered in the last batch of 20, as you I believe ... keeping my finger crossed! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    Now, what I am interested in is this: is your phone locked or could you put a non-vodafone sim into it? I'm still with O2 and don't especially want to move.
    Mine is a SIM free device (318.99 delivered) as I'm on O2 with unlimited data plan
    Quote Originally Posted by local.bin View Post
    I ordered in the last batch of 20, as you I believe ... keeping my finger crossed! :-)
    Haven't you had a confirmation yet?
    Mine is a SIM free device (318.99 delivered) as I'm on O2 with unlimited data plan
    Since you have one of the old data tarrifs (lucky bugger) I think what you paid for was good. Where did you get it from?
    My order from expansys (French via US store) was showing a 'waiting period' of 5 days as the U.S. store was waiting for the French store to ship mine to them. It now reads 9 days. I have emailed to find out if they actually secured me one or if the order will end up being cancelled.
    I must admit i'm tempted, but that's an awful lot of money, especially considering i paid 144 for my pre 2 about a month ago, and the pre 3 isn't that much more powerful - although the longer screen would be nice. Decisions, decisions!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    I must admit i'm tempted, but that's an awful lot of money, especially considering i paid 144 for my pre 2 about a month ago, and the pre 3 isn't that much more powerful - although the longer screen would be nice. Decisions, decisions!
    Think MPD have given up on the Pre3, page cannot be found..
    Quote Originally Posted by erichousetkc View Post
    Same here. I am willing to make a 1 time payment of 180GBP for the phone. U can then enjoy the plan.
    Ditto. Anyone going for this?
    Are you sure you aren't paying more than you need to? I don't know what your O2 plan costs but mine was 30 per month. A GiffGaff SIM (also using the O2 network) will give you unlimited data for 10 per month (completely unlimited). I'm using one on my old Pre- with a T-Mobile PAYG on my Pre3 which is 20 for 6 months of data (with some download/streaming restrictions but otherwise unlimited).

The only advantage I could see for the old O2 tarrif was the access to hotspots but I get that free through FON anyway.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    amazon.co.uk showing 2 in stock at 320 quid.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Haven't you had a confirmation yet?
    Yes.

Due for shipping today, but with all the mess so far, I won't believe it until I get the UPS shipping info later today!
    Last edited by local.bin; 08/31/2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: less detail for those who haven't got one yet ...
    And week 2 of failed attempts continue... A few posts back I posted a 'success' story about expansys and how I got the U.S. store to help out. Well, here is today:

Hi xxxx,

I want to confirm that the phone was ordered and guaranteed stock. At this time it is no longer available on the French website and my order status keeps changing. It now says 'usually ships in 9 days' whereas on Monday it said 5.

Thanks,

Paul

Dear Paul,

Unfortunately, our French warehouse did not send any of the phones that we requested from them. However, I did see that they are expecting another shipment soon. Depending on how many they receive, hopefully they will send some to us. I will keep you updated once I have more detailed information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    Seems like Expansys.fr has removed the AZERTY handset from its system.
    Sorry I had a lot of running to do so I had no chance to ask my friends in Belgium or France Are you still looking for one and can it be a QWERTY one?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    amazon.co.uk showing 2 in stock at 320 quid.
    Crap, won't ship to States