Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    Would you pay ~ $930USD for a Pre 3? Someone did.
    In a way I would gladly do, if I didn't have a Legacy Pre and a Pre 2. I actually paid about $1200 for the Legacy "crap" a year and a half ago. Luckily the Pre 2 came cheap — as in free, to compensate a little.

Everyone who already has their Pre 3 from expansys.fr - how's the AZERTY keyboard working out for you?
    That's exactly why I was reserved about it, as the legacy Pre was from Germany (QWERTZ), and it annoys me almost every time I use it.
    Last edited by autodidact; 08/30/2011 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Quote-error.

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    Wasn't that for Expansys.de?

67 remain (Expansys.fr)!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    In a way I would gladly do, if I didn't have a Legacy Pre and a Pre 2. I actually paid about $1200 for the Legacy "crap" a year and a half ago. Luckily the Pre 2 came cheap as in free, to compensate a little.

That's exactly why I was reserved about it, as the legacy Pre was from Germany (QWERTZ), and it annoys me almost every time I use it.
    Yeah, I have to admit after using it for a couple of hours I'm getting a bit annoyed by all the changes, mostly the m, backspace and ,.
    Quote Originally Posted by KallistiMan View Post
    Yeah, I have to admit after using it for a couple of hours I'm getting a bit annoyed by all the changes, mostly the m, backspace and ,.
    I hope that I can live with my qwerty instead of a qwertz. Now I have to use the Sym-Button to write an , , or ... meh.
    I must say that I dont mind the qwerty layout at all; I thought it would be worse! Also, regarding my work I write mostly in english so the new layout comes actually quite handy!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
    This is a message from customer service on an Irish board where a whole bunch of us who had ordered Pre3s through HP Ireland's prefered seller were checking for updates:

boards.ie - View Single Post - Pre 3 and Touchpad Accessories

Right I tried to get as much info on this.

We were sold stock we should not have been, they belonged to someone else. Palm Pre 3s actually made it all the way to Dublin port, before they manged to stop it. Of course they wanted to make sure they stopped any shipment and they would get it back before saying anything to us(pretty crappy).

Stock belongs to a very big telco company, they will have them how and will be selling them most likely bundled with accessories. So you should see them soon in their shops.

HP are now trying to see what they can do, they might have some B stock(not sure what that means) they might be able to get. Will keep you guys updated on this.

So HP actually has nothing to do with this, it is not their fault. Someone in distribution is made a mistake, a big one.

Very sorry that I could not make this happen. I really tried.
    What gives with HP shafting their prefered seller and who is the mystery telco...? I'm completely disgusted by HP's sharp practice in this matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by EI_Flyboy View Post
    This is a message from customer service on an Irish board where a whole bunch of us who had ordered Pre3s through HP Ireland's prefered seller were checking for updates:

boards.ie - View Single Post - Pre 3 and Touchpad Accessories

What gives with HP shafting their prefered seller and who is the mystery telco...? I'm completely disgusted by HP's sharp practice in this matter.
    By telco I guess they mean telecom company
    The only place showing stock are The Carphone Warehouse, who are only selling them with contracts (Vodafone, T Mobile and Orange so far). I ordered mine yesterday and recieved it today so I have no doubts about their stock levels so I can only assume they are the telecom company in question (although they are more of a reseller).

Still haven't turned mine on yet or opened the SIM envelope just in case they do release it for 120 with accessories or something. 14 days to return the contract one.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Only Vodafone have stock at the moment. Wouldnt be the first time for them to shaft customers for a profit.

They did they same thing with the N900.
    You mean Carphone Warehouse. They're just selling them with SIM only contracts from Vodafone and now Orange/T-Mobile too. The network operators have nothing to do with it.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    The retailers dont selling anything on contract without the networks say so. Quite often a small window of exclusivity is applied and Vodafone seem better than the other networks at securing an exclusive.

I asked about ordering with Tmobile, was told its only available on Voda for now.
    That doesn't mean Vodafone bought the stock and are the telecom company in question though. It's just a case of them agreeing to CPW selling the phones with their sim only contracts hence why the number of mins/texts are the same as on the sim only section of vodas website and my contract Pre 3 came with the voda sim in a white envelope and an unlocked, sim free Pre 3.

The phones themselves are coming straight from CPW's warehouse in the west midlands.
    Last edited by Micheloh; 08/31/2011 at 03:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnangnan View Post
    I hope that I can live with my qwerty instead of a qwertz. Now I have to use the Sym-Button to write an , , or ... meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    I must say that I dont mind the qwerty layout at all; I thought it would be worse! Also, regarding my work I write mostly in english so the new layout comes actually quite handy!
    As I mentioned before, I'm used to a qwerty keyboard, although with on the right end as well. The german qwertz-keyboard on my pre was no problem, just inconvenient having to use sym for the swedish -characters all the time. I reconfigured the german pre so y became z and z became y and everything else was the same. With azerty my brainmapped keys are getting totally confused:
    a -> q
    q -> a
    w -> z
    z -> w
    m -> ","
    "," -> "backspace"
    "backspace" -> m

The biggest problem now is that I haven't found a doctor so I can't meta doctor qwerty-settings on it. For me anyway, it's much easier learn to map visual a to mean q than to remap handmovement a to mean q, so I don't care what it says on the key, just that it behaves as any other keyboard I use.
    Quote Originally Posted by KallistiMan View Post
    As I mentioned before, I'm used to a qwerty keyboard, although with on the right end as well. The german qwertz-keyboard on my pre was no problem, just inconvenient having to use sym for the swedish -characters all the time. I reconfigured the german pre so y became z and z became y and everything else was the same. With azerty my brainmapped keys are getting totally confused:
    a -> q
    q -> a
    w -> z
    z -> w
    m -> ","
    "," -> "backspace"
    "backspace" -> m

The biggest problem now is that I haven't found a doctor so I can't meta doctor qwerty-settings on it. For me anyway, it's much easier learn to map visual a to mean q than to remap handmovement a to mean q, so I don't care what it says on the key, just that it behaves as any other keyboard I use.
    Yes, due to these big changes I didn't want to buy a phone at expansys.fr although it was cheaper. Well, my German order at cyberport.de will probably not be served because it seems that they won't get any. It is sad that someone bought his phone at Palm Eurostore and sold it this morning on ebay for more than 500 (I don't know the last bid because I missed the end of the auction). ^^
    Seems like Expansys.fr has removed the AZERTY handset from its system.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have my new expansys.fr Pre 3!

Actually, it was delivered yesterday morning at my home, while I was at the office - classic mistake on my part. So I phoned DHL, who kindly arranged a new delivery to my office for this morning, free of charge. Thank god, because if delivery fails, I would have to pick it up myself at their central warehouse, which is very far from both my office and home.

Now, in a severe act of pure masochism, I'm NOT going to open the parcel until I get home!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micheloh View Post
    The phones themselves are coming straight from CPW's warehouse in the west midlands.
    Matters not where the stock is, but who has the rights to it. Hence why today you can only buy a Pre3 on contract, with Voda.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    anyone in UK who need a new plan.please PM me...I pay for the plan(mostly) and get the phone and you enjoy the plan...

HP Pre 3 Pay Monthly - Mobile Phone Deals - e2save.com

the cheapest plan is 10pounds per month for 18 month(Vodafone),so is 180 pound for the whole period.
    Quote Originally Posted by sylau90 View Post
    anyone in UK who need a new plan.please PM me...I pay for the plan(mostly) and get the phone and you enjoy the plan...

HP Pre 3 Pay Monthly - Mobile Phone Deals - e2save.com

the cheapest plan is 10pounds per month for 18 month(Vodafone),so is 180 pound for the whole period.
    Same here. I am willing to make a 1 time payment of 180GBP for the phone. U can then enjoy the plan.
    Mine has been delivered to my office in London this morning, approx. 24 hours after I ordered it on the Expansys.fr website (I'll get to it only on Monday though).
    I have two more ordered via Carphone Warehouse and amazon.co.uk, but not confirmed yet. If confirmed, I'll offer them to members of the forum first before I cancel the orders.
    Jive Turkey likes this.