Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    That really shouldn't happen. Some people just don't know the difference between CC and BCC... really unprofessional... also illegal, at least in Germany.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I'm also wondering why the suggested retail price (SRP) from HP is £69, yet Palm Eurostore claim that HP wouldn't offer a discount...?

See: HP Pre³
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Suggested Retail Price is just what it says: Suggested.

But something else has struck me... Palm Eurostore has no future really, since HP announced it will stop manufacturing WebOS devices. So in a year at most they will have a final firesale and close the shop. If I was the guy that runs the side-business (Luzern has another webstore) then why sell at the discounted price? I would made the customer to accept the full price, sell the remaining stock and profit.

Palm Eurostore it's on its way out, so why not?

Just thinking out loud
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I appreciate that SRP is suggested, but that is not the issue. What I don't understand is how HP can give a "suggested retail price of £69", yet the Palm Eurostore state that HP will "not allow" them to offer the price they suggest...
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UpTheRams View Post
    I appreciate that SRP is suggested, but that is not the issue. What I don't understand is how HP can give a "suggested retail price of £69", yet the Palm Eurostore state that HP will "not allow" them to offer the price they suggest...
    See the thinking out loud part. Who says that HP said no reduced price? With the rumors that a reduced (even no firesale level) price might come flaring up, why not bind the customer to an agreement and not pass down the (rumored) savings? Specially when you know that your shop has only but months before closing...
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,555 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    That really shouldn't happen. Some people just don't know the difference between CC and BCC... really unprofessional... also illegal, at least in Germany.
    Breach of the DPA in the UK and I would be amazed if ireland does not have similar legislation.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,555 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ac0n View Post
    See the thinking out loud part. Who says that HP said no reduced price? With the rumors that a reduced (even no firesale level) price might come flaring up, why not bind the customer to an agreement and not pass down the (rumored) savings? Specially when you know that your shop has only but months before closing...
    Can't do it EU consumer protection would come into play and although the store might close, the company behind it is large and not closing.

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Can't do it EU consumer protection would come into play and although the store might close, the company behind it is large and not closing.

And the relevant EU legislation is....?

Edit: It applies ONLY if the reduced price was agreed BEFORE final sale. When a customer emails and accepts the offer (full price), he enters into a binding agreement. The only thing that protects him is the distance selling law that can give him 7 days before returning the product for a full refund minus shipping costs (cause it's buyers remorse and not an error from the seller)
    Last edited by d3ac0n; 08/28/2011 at 01:34 PM.
    The only thing that protects him is the distance selling law that can give him 7 days before returning the product for a full refund minus shipping costs (cause it's buyers remorse and not an error from the seller)
    Better paying 18€ shipping costs and 79€ for a reduced pre 3 (if you get one) than paying 349€ + 18€ shipping costs - but I don't think that HP will relent.
    It applies ONLY if the reduced price was agreed BEFORE final sale. When a customer emails and accepts the offer (full price), he enters into a binding agreement. The only thing that protects him is the distance selling law that can give him 7 days before returning the product
    Actually customer entered into a binding agreement already when he or she pressed checkout in the store. This whole game has been just goodwill from the Eurostore's part, since they really did not have any obligation to see how the HP discussions go or even hint anything about that. Now they tried to get a better deal to their customers and protect themselves from the huge amounts of returned products. They could just have shipped everything with the agreed price in the checkout without asking anything from anybody and the customers would have had the 7 days right to return the products, if they wanted.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juristi View Post
    Actually customer entered into a binding agreement already when he or she pressed checkout in the store. This whole game has been just goodwill from the Eurostore's part, since they really did not have any obligation to see how the HP discussions go or even hint anything about that. Now they tried to get a better deal to their customers and protect themselves from the huge amounts of returned products. They could just have shipped everything with the agreed price in the checkout without asking anything from anybody and the customers would have had the 7 days right to return the products, if they wanted.
    True.

But then why Amazon states that they are probably having a sale next week, as per communication with one member here, why CPW supposedly, again per a member's post here, will have a sale on Tuesday and Eurostore doesn't allow few more days to see if there is a price reduction from HP, but wants acceptance or cancellation?

It's just odd...
    Just for reference, the UK Palm Eurostore policy is 14 days, as opposed to the statutory 7 days.

"Returns will only be received if they are in their original packaging and undamaged. Returned products will be inspected upon receipt and damaged products will not be refunded. An RMA number must be clearly displayed on the packaging. One of our Customer Service Representatives need to be contacted within 14 calendar days (see Terms & Conditions) from the date your order was dispatched to authorize your return and generate an Return Material Authorization (RMA) number."
    But then why Amazon states that they are probably having a sale next week, as per communication with one member here, why CPW supposedly, again per a member's post here, will have a sale on Tuesday
    And Eurostore supposedly was going to have a sale as per communication from one member here

If the other providers will really have a sale and give out cheap Pre3:s next week, Eurostore will get quite a few products back within the 7 day period. I don't think that they would prefer that option, if alternatively they could effortlessly get rid of the stock and close the store. My guess is that they tried to get the refund from HP and failed.

I placed the order on the Wednesday 17th. And was told delivery would be 1-2 business days. So expected it by Friday. It did'nt arrive on Monday so on tuesday I emailed asking and received this reply on Tuesday.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Palm Store Customer Service.

Your order has been received in and is now being processed.
    Please be advised that HP are planning to announce a price reduction for Palm Pre 3 today or tomorrow. We are holding off all shipments to enable us to pass that price reduction on to you. The price reduction is very significant ( over 60% saving ) and the new price will be around £100.
    We expect to get the clearance on the price today and will ship units tomorrow for delivery by the end of the week. Also the price difference will be refunded accordingly.

Should you have any further questions or concerns please let me know.
    I will be happy to assist you further.

The Palm Store Customer Service thanks you for the opportunity to assist you and hopes to have been of assistance.

Kind Regards,

Palm Store Customer Service Representative

They then took the full money out of my account on Wednesday 24th.
    And then today I receive this.

This email is in relation to your recent order for a HP Palm Pre 3 product from the Palm Eurostore. We are pleased to advise that we have a HP Pre3 available to allocate to the order- but we need your confirmation that you will now accept this order under the following conditions.
    - Only one Pre3 will be allocated per person
    - The price will be the price you placed your order at – there has been
    no price reduction ( as had been rumoured/expected ) In order to expedite this process we need a clear and simple response
    - Accept - in which case we will process and ship your order on Monday
    29th August
    - Cancel – in which case we will cancel your order and re-allocate the
    stock to subsequent orders
    If you feel you cannot offer a direct response to this email or if we do not receive a response we will continue to hold stock for your order for several more days and we will continue to try to contact you.

Surely they are obliged to honour the contract we had in place when they took the money? Which means if there is a reduction then they have to refund, otherwise then I pay £299.
  15. rs1
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itsthetaste View Post
    Surely they are obliged to honour the contract we had in place when they took the money? Which means if there is a reduction then they have to refund, otherwise then I pay £299.
    Not really. You entered into a binding contract when you completed the checkout at the original price. You received the email after that. The terms of the contract didn't change in the interim. You will receive a Pre 3. If you take the delay in delivery as a breach of contract... I'm sure there's a clause about 'estimated delivery dates' somewhere.

That's why they stopped taking orders after they posted the rumour about a possible price drop - so that people wouldn't buy at the full price in anticipation of getting a refund. All the people who did so were in effect taking a gamble. The Palm Eurostore has no obligation to refund the difference on stock already sold.
    I ordered mine on 25/08/11 from expansys.fr
    I have no problem with AZERTY because I know how simple it is to change 2 keycodes (I'm doing it with my QWERTZ Pre already)...
    On the site it says there are 100+ available but the status of my order is "Waiting for stock"...
    Anyone has any idea what they mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by itsthetaste View Post
    I placed the order on the Wednesday 17th. And was told delivery would be 1-2 business days. So expected it by Friday. It did'nt arrive on Monday so on tuesday I emailed asking and received this reply on Tuesday.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Palm Store Customer Service.

Your order has been received in and is now being processed.
    Please be advised that HP are planning to announce a price reduction for Palm Pre 3 today or tomorrow. We are holding off all shipments to enable us to pass that price reduction on to you. The price reduction is very significant ( over 60% saving ) and the new price will be around £100.
    We expect to get the clearance on the price today and will ship units tomorrow for delivery by the end of the week. Also the price difference will be refunded accordingly.

Should you have any further questions or concerns please let me know.
    I will be happy to assist you further.

The Palm Store Customer Service thanks you for the opportunity to assist you and hopes to have been of assistance.

Kind Regards,

Palm Store Customer Service Representative

They then took the full money out of my account on Wednesday 24th.
    And then today I receive this.

This email is in relation to your recent order for a HP Palm Pre 3 product from the Palm Eurostore. We are pleased to advise that we have a HP Pre3 available to allocate to the order- but we need your confirmation that you will now accept this order under the following conditions.
    - Only one Pre3 will be allocated per person
    - The price will be the price you placed your order at – there has been
    no price reduction ( as had been rumoured/expected ) In order to expedite this process we need a clear and simple response
    - Accept - in which case we will process and ship your order on Monday
    29th August
    - Cancel – in which case we will cancel your order and re-allocate the
    stock to subsequent orders
    If you feel you cannot offer a direct response to this email or if we do not receive a response we will continue to hold stock for your order for several more days and we will continue to try to contact you.

What was the email address that you contacted them on?
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by diosif View Post
    I ordered mine on 25/08/11 from expansys.fr
    I have no problem with AZERTY because I know how simple it is to change 2 keycodes (I'm doing it with my QWERTZ Pre already)...
    On the site it says there are 100+ available but the status of my order is "Waiting for stock"...
    Anyone has any idea what they mean?
    My order at Expansys.fr changed from "In stock" (yesterday when I ordered) to "In stock at our supplier - 3 Days" (as of today).

This is really crazy.

Btw, I would not mind advice for remapping the keyboard (once I get the Pre3).

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by Riyaah View Post
    FYI: There's a french retailer claiming that they'll be able to offer both Touchpads and Pre3's at discounted prices starting on the 7th of September. They seem to be pretty serious about it.

Les Touchpad et Pre3 que vous attendez tant ! | Facebook

Unfortunately they only ship to France, Belgium and Luxembourg.
    RueDuCommerce's official stance (posted on FB 5 hours ago):

le prix du Pre3 n'est pas encore fixé suite aux nouvelles annonces d'HP, des nouvelles dans la semaine nous l'espérons ! (the price is not yet fixed pre3 following new announcements from HP, new this week hopefully!)

Followed by a comment from FB user Chippeur Labaltringue:

Salut.
    Nouvelle info en provenance de ma source chez Rue du Commerce. Vu le déchainement médiatique plutôt négatif contre le site suite à l'opération de buzz ratée vendredi dernier, RdC a décidé de réduire le prix du Pre3 sans abonnement et donc de diminuer sa marge. Le prix définitif n'a pas encore été fixé, il semble qu'une convergence vers 179 € se dessine (je vous le confirmerais la semaine prochaine).
    Autre info intéressante : RdC avait auparavant prprpré$vu$ $de$ $lancer$ $la$ $vente$ $des$ $Pre3$ $hier$ ($samedi$), $mais$ $a$ $d$é$cid$é $de$ $repousser$ $la$ $vente$ $au$ $07$/$09$ $pour$ $refuser$ $le$ $remboursement$ $de$ $la$ $diff$é$rence$ $aux$ $quelques$ $dizaines$ $d$'$internautes$ $qui$ $ont$ $pr$é$ventivement$ $achet$é $le$ $smartphone$ $au$ $prix$ $fort$.

Google's Translation:

Hello.
    New info from my source at Rue du Commerce. Given the rather negative media outburst against the site following the buzz operation failed last Friday, the DRC has decided to reduce the price without subscription pre3 and thus reduce its margin. The final price has not been set, it appears that convergence is emerging € 179 (I will confirm next week).
    Other interesting info: Ground had previously planned to launch the sale of pre3 yesterday (Saturday), but decided to postpone the sale to 07/09 to refuse to refund the difference to a few dozen users who have purchased the smartphone to preventive price.

Not encouraging so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    My order at Expansys.fr changed from "In stock" (yesterday when I ordered) to "In stock at our supplier - 3 Days" (as of today).

This is really crazy.

Btw, I would not mind advice for remapping the keyboard (once I get the Pre3).

Max
    I ordered from them on Thursday (U.S. resident) and received confirmation but haven't been billed and my order status hasn't changed.