Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Indeed
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ac0n View Post
    You want to continue? BestBuy, that had the bigest stock sold @firesale price. Most of major retailers sold @firesale price. Most of major retailers in the UK sold the TP @fisale price.

With the Pre 3, I think after the immense demand some geniuses at HP UK said "no reduced price, so we can look good to the bosses back at HP HQ and they 'll give us a bonus" or - less likely, all retailers that still had stock agreed to sell at higher prices.

Either way, the way I see it is that greed got in the way again. Better this way. Since the company that suposedly will continue development at the WebOS platform seems not that confident as what to do for this simple thing, I don't think they 'll be better at making decisions about the WebOS future
    I bet HP saw what the Firesale price did to the inventory of the TouchPad and regretted the whole thing. They then deemed it unnecessary to do the same with the Pre 3. Why bleed more money if you don't need to?
    I ordered one myself there, says it was in stock, but not sure. Stock count now at three. Guess we'll see... More than happy to pay 199 - I would have paid 399 only two weeks ago.

I was away on honeymoon for two weeks, not connected to the net once and now I've come back to this nightmare!! What have hp done!?!?

Edit - Now at 2 - glad to see it went down from Musouka's post
    Last edited by bonomitch; 08/26/2011 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Update on stock count
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    I bet HP saw what the Firesale price did to the inventory of the TouchPad and regretted the whole thing. They then deemed it unnecessary to do the same with the Pre 3. Why bleed more money if you don't need to?
    Bleed? They already decided to write off the WebOS hardware thing. When a store does a firesale due to closure and then the next day jacks up prices cause the brainiacs saw demand, I don't think customers will think: Oh good move! Mosto of the customers will see greed and never buy again.
    Yes, I agree. Especially when they first announced that they would do a firesale but then did a 180. Then again, if HP is leaving the hardware game, they can choose to be jerks.

Only 2 remains!
    Do you think they are still working, as the website has had the out of stock removed..
    Which website? I can still see the *** This product is OUT OF STOCK *** message on Cleverboxes. And beneath that "2 in stock "
    Quote Originally Posted by local.bin View Post
    Do you think they are still working, as the website has had the out of stock removed..
    I don't know, on the homepage it says "*** This product is OUT OF STOCK **" but below it says "1 in stock"

That's down to 1 now btw - we'll see what happens when it goes...
    Gone, baby. Gone!

The product disappeared from the home page and the product page is no more.

Was fun while it lasted (75 minutes after the Dansus' post)
    Huh, gone.. does that mean 20 people have just been scammed ;-) or are getting a touchpad instead!
    Last edited by local.bin; 08/26/2011 at 03:56 PM. Reason: autocorrect
    That remains to be seen

Keep us posted, bonomitch.
    Gone, baby. Gone!

Hopefully that means I've got one...

How about the tocuhpad 32GB - would you pay 229 or wait for more from HP at their firesale price?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Multiple people have received Pre3s from cleverboxes so I doubt it's a scam...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I got 2 (one for me and one for JasonR) from Cleverboxes. I will let you all know when they arrive yeehaaa
    Quote Originally Posted by bonomitch View Post
    Hopefully that means I've got one...

How about the tocuhpad 32GB - would you pay 229 or wait for more from HP at their firesale price?
    I would think that HP has way too many backorders for the Touchpad to supply any to the market.
    Expansys.fr just changed availability of their AZERTY-Pre3's from "normally 1-2 days" to "100+ in stock".

Together with what expansys told gregor_lln on the phone (500 units arriving Monday) this is actually making me believe I'll get one...
    I would think that HP has way too many backorders for the Touchpad to supply any to the market.
    Some people seem to suggest otherwise: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3104744

Fingers crossed on the pre3 - 199 is a bargain I think!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Gone, baby. Gone!

lol, guess they have had enough for one week.

Next time, just ignore the sold out notice, click the buy button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riyaah View Post
    Expansys.fr just changed availability of their AZERTY-Pre3's from "normally 1-2 days" to "100+ in stock".

Together with what expansys told gregor_lln on the phone (500 units arriving Monday) this is actually making me believe I'll get one...
    Expansys.fr's offer seems good enough (as good as Cleverbox's or better but open to everyone). No VAT when ordered outside Europe.

Handset price: 167.22€.

Shipping to the rest of the world is:

South America, Africa, Middle East - TNT (3 - 6 days) 59.90€
    ZA, Australia, South East Asia - TNT (4 - 6 days) 48.90€

So, 216.12€ or 227.12€

Hmm, no North America, though?

http://www.expansys.fr/hp-pre-3-webo...ck-8gb-221224/