Page 32 of 64 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Riyaah View Post
    It seems they don't list all destinations in their shipping options, but you can enter any address. Here's how it worked out for me:

Sweden is not considered to be Eastern Europe, but that was the closest thing, so I choose it. About an hour later I got an email from the swedish branch of Expansys, in Swedish, that pointed out that it's an AZERTY-keyboard and that they had no information about imminent price drops "like in the US" [sic]. I also got an email asking for a photo of my ID to be uploaded on a special page, which I did.

I thanked them for the consideration and said that Pre 3's are pretty hard to come by so I didn't mind the AZERTY, to which they replied "Your right, better a Pre3 with AZERTY than none at all".

I would choose the South America option, put in your US address and hope that the order gets transferred to expansys USA just as mine apparently got transferred to expansys Sweden.
    But I didn't get the email for the ID photo..... what is about? thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by crayolarocks View Post
    I did a quick google search on expansys and found the reviews atrocious... anyone confident about this e-retailer?
    I bought a Sierra Wireless Voq seven years ago, it seemed not that bad.
    I put my money where my mouth is an ordered an AZERTY from expansys. Lets see how that turns out
    I ordered one AZERTY too. Let's hope for good
    Quote Originally Posted by gregor_lln View Post
    I put my money where my mouth is an ordered an AZERTY from expansys. Lets see how that turns out
    It seems they don't ship to the United States but since I don't read French I can't confirm this. Can anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riyaah View Post
    It seems they don't list all destinations in their shipping options, but you can enter any address. Here's how it worked out for me:

Sweden is not considered to be Eastern Europe, but that was the closest thing, so I choose it. About an hour later I got an email from the swedish branch of Expansys, in Swedish, that pointed out that it's an AZERTY-keyboard and that they had no information about imminent price drops "like in the US" [sic]. I also got an email asking for a photo of my ID to be uploaded on a special page, which I did.

I thanked them for the consideration and said that Pre 3's are pretty hard to come by so I didn't mind the AZERTY, to which they replied "Your right, better a Pre3 with AZERTY than none at all".

I would choose the South America option, put in your US address and hope that the order gets transferred to expansys USA just as mine apparently got transferred to expansys Sweden.

Thanks! I'll give it a try and report back.

UPDATE: I followed the advice above and my order went through and was confirmed. The last page read 'in stock'. After having 2 different orders cancelled i won't get my hopes up.
    Last edited by pavvento; 08/26/2011 at 11:54 AM.
    When I called them (expansys) earlier today (around 16h30 GMT+2) they told me that they had a shipment of 500 arriving on Monday. At the time 250 were already sold. They could not tell me what would be in the box, possibly hinting to the possibility that there will be accessories bundled by HP.
    Wait and see...
    Riyaah likes this.
    They have updated the info on the site, but I don't understand it exactly. I didn't gave my phone number so they can't contact me by phone. Will it automatically be canceled now?

HP Pre 3 Sim Free QWERTY 8GB - Palm Accessories
    See this update http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post3104353

As I understand it , it means: We have a limited stock, and are offering to customers in a chronolgical order. The first 120 (wasn't that the amount they had in stock) to say "yes" when asked for their answer will be delivered. After that everybody gets cancelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmenot View Post
    They have updated the info on the site, but I don't understand it exactly. I didn't gave my phone number so they can't contact me by phone. Will it automatically be canceled now?

HP Pre 3 Sim Free QWERTY 8GB - Palm Accessories
    So you do see the new text, but you do not read it ... ???

we will call you back over the next several days or failing that we will email you to obtain your decision.
    For the record, my Pre3 (QWERTY) arrived today as expected from Cleverboxes. When I spoke to then today they said that they still had some in stock but I understand they are now £300 rather than £200. Personally I am happy with the 200 but would hesitate pay 300, my Pre- was pretty horrible to use recently and this Pre3 is great. Not sure I like the way the keys click so loudly though but I guess I'll get used to it.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    For the record, my Pre3 (QWERTY) arrived today as expected from Cleverboxes. When I spoke to then today they said that they still had some in stock but I understand they are now £300 rather than £200. Personally I am happy with the 200 but would hesitate pay 300, my Pre- was pretty horrible to use recently and this Pre3 is great. Not sure I like the way the keys click so loudly though but I guess I'll get used to it.
    They just told me via chat that they are sold out.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I was prepared to pay that kind of price when they release the NA version, but now that they only have the EU version I need to think twice.

Too many impulse buys lately for me.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I agree Toni. $500 for a 850/1900/2100 UMTS Pre3 would be okay, but hard to envision that much for one that is crippled here in the US.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Update from kick mobile - not good news but all hope is not lost yet

To ALL HP PRE 3 CUSTOMERS - WHO HAS ORDERED ON OR AFTER 22.08.2011 AND
    PRE-PAID : AWAITING SHIPPING INFORMATION :

Thanks very much for your recent order and the payment. Appreciate it very much.

We were one of the very few re-sellers who originally had got HP PRE 3 in stock and shipped out to our customers before 22nd Aug 2011. First few of you, who has ordered from us before 22nd Aug, should have now received the stocks and / or in transit to you. By 22nd, we had more advices that more units will be made available to us by 25th. Based on which we kept the adverts with the special note stating the listing is for PRE-ORDERS and expected ship out on or after 01.09.2011. But, we were confident that we would have the stocks by 25th from our supplier who has physical over 1500pcs in hand. We were finally told that they will notify us a final decision today by lunch time in GMT, which we updated back to some of you who has been constant touch with us on this.

At the time of writing this message GMT 17.50PM on 26.08.2011, it appears that our allocation for the 100 units PRE 3, still on hold and there is no clear answer yet whether we will be given the stocks or not. Therefore, a decision, wholly outside of our control, has been made to inform all the pending customers who have already paid awaiting dispatch to notify this situation and offer them several options including FULL REFUNDS for now.

Option 1 : If you wish to cancel the order, we will greatly hour that request and arrange the FULL REFUND back to you.

Option 2 : Alternatively, you could allow us time till 1st/2nd Sep, where a decision will be notified to us 100%, whether we will be given HP PRE 3 stocks or not. If you have no hesitation on that, we would then continue to hold your paid pre-order and if the units made available to us, we will ship it on arrival. In case, by 01st/2nd Sep, a confirmation is given to us, that there won't be any stocks, then with certainty, we will refund the full amount to you, meaning there is no any hope left for HP PRE 3.

Option 3 : Finally, If you wish to select any other palm/hp model, we have currently in physical stocks with us under our custody :

HP PRE 2 QWERY Factory Unlocked/GSM

PALM PRE 1 QWERY Factory Unlocked/GSM

PALM PIXI QWERZ Factory Unlocked/GSM.

In case, if you have an interest on these models, we can offer a discounted price as a special compliment and send that unit to you + excess amount you paid refunded back to you.

We apologise on this and as you can see our handsets are tight on this, but we will continue to work on this as mentioned above. For now, please kindly let us know, what would you like us to do. We will greately honour that request.
    Thanks for that. Just emailed them to see if I can get in the queue. Hope after hope...
    hi there,

if you don't mind a contract on the pre3, I ordered one from mobiles.co.uk a few hours ago, just got an email to say its on its way!

I spoke to them first, they said they had a bit of stock, however, to get one just now you must take it on vodafone, I've taken the cheapest £10.50 one and will stick my o2 sim in it, give the sim card to the missus!

phone is free as well, quite happy as I fancied this to replace my pre2!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kev1980 View Post
    hi there,

if you don't mind a contract on the pre3, I ordered one from mobiles.co.uk a few hours ago, just got an email to say its on its way!

I spoke to them first, they said they had a bit of stock, however, to get one just now you must take it on vodafone, I've taken the cheapest £10.50 one and will stick my o2 sim in it, give the sim card to the missus!
    Me too, cant be arsed messing about anymore. If it does come out next week at £69 i will return it. Job done.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    When you consider it you're paying £252 over 24 months for a pre3 which is lower than current prices (assuming no additional VAT on that contract).
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansus View Post
    Me too, cant be arsed messing about anymore. If it does come out next week at £69 i will return it. Job done.
    I thought you bought one already Dansus...?