Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 40 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    @Relic yes we are aware but that was earlier yesterday. Right now, it seems to suggest HP have all the stock.

Anyone had their call yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by raven3k View Post
    @Relic yes we are aware but that was earlier yesterday. Right now, it seems to suggest HP have all the stock.

Anyone had their call yet?
    They're calling some German customers right now and offering to ship one Pre 3 at full price. See http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...billing-2.html
    I cancelled my order from the palm eurostore today. The vast amount of ambiguitie makes me way to nervous. I've given up, good luck everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomer View Post
    I cancelled my order from the palm eurostore today. The vast amount of ambiguitie makes me way to nervous. I've given up, good luck everyone.
    If I don't get a fire sale Pre 3 thats pretty much webOS over for me. I brought an android phone last night
    because I'm tired of running around chasing hoops to purchase a phone with an uncertain future. It'd really make me sad not to get one because I love the Pre form factor and the Pre 3 is going to be the last of that design I think.

If they decide to sell it on contracts thats no good cos, as I say, webOS's future is in question and I'm not gonna sign a 2 year contract for that.

I am bitterly disappointed that HP decided to fire sale TouchPads to ebay traders without giving us webOS fans and developer a seconds thought.

With the free app promo only being available in the US is another two fingers up to us ROW users. With this move, I wouldn't be surprised if HP was taking back all the left stock to sell in the US.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Update: CPW has changed the banner on the homepage. It now reads "We currently have no stock of the HP Touchpad or HP Pre3"...
    Quote Originally Posted by UpTheRams View Post
    Update: CPW has changed the banner on the homepage. It now reads "We currently have no stock of the HP Touchpad or HP Pre3"...
    I guess that confirms that they werent the National retailer.
    When I visited the store this morning to pick up my Touchpad dock they said they have stock in the warehouse but they are not allowed to allocate it yet.

I would suggest they did corner all the stock but have enough orders to fulfil or have still not been told the deals to sell them.
    I guess that confirms that they werent the National retailer.
    Looks like we're going to go through the merry-go-round again. *sigh*

Though in a way I'm pleased as carphone warehouse were looking like they were going to try to rip us all off.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    This company seems a bit of a joke, was thinking of buying some HP home media servers as i thought they might be tightly integrated with WebOS, you can forget that now.

I wouldnt be surprised if they got a bit greedy and decided to do a deal with someone but fearing a backlash are reconsidering their options.
    d3ac0n likes this.
    It is a joke, yes. I wonder will the eurostores message change mid way through their calls?

On a side note, HP mediasmart severs are just Windows home server, right? So shouldn't really make a difference what brand it is to how well it would integrate with webOS
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    Looks like we're going to go through the merry-go-round again. *sigh*

Though in a way I'm pleased as carphone warehouse were looking like they were going to try to rip us all off.
    Looks like Palm Eurostore will perform that little task themselves.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Looks like Palm Eurostore will perform that little task themselves.
    I dont think HP have even responded to them.

The way i see it:

-Palm eurostore tries to contact hp
    - Hp No response
    - Palm tries again and get guarantee from HP.
    - HP no response
    - Palm still has a whole batch of orders. Thinks to itself, we will operate normally and pretend this offer doesn't exist.
    - Palm starts ringing Customers and offers at full price or refund

It seems logical in those steps.
    Did anyone go for the AZERTY Pre 3 from expansys.fr? As mentioned earlier it's 200€ and they seem to ship worldwide.

I've just ordered one to Sweden. Hopefully it'll be possible to remap the keyboard to QWERTY with a patch, otherwise I think I'll live with the french way. I can try to convince myself it's to improve my AZERTY-skills, which is at least remotely useful since there's a chance I'll end up working in France...

Had just made up my mind to get a Pre 3 when the discontinuation-bomb hit, and I decided to wait a few days and see what happened. Big misstake.
    I dont think HP have even responded to them.

The way i see it:

-Palm eurostore tries to contact hp
    - Hp No response
    - Palm tries again and get guarantee from HP.
    - HP no response
    - Palm still has a whole batch of orders. Thinks to itself, we will operate normally and pretend this offer doesn't exist.
    - Palm starts ringing Customers and offers at full price or refund

It seems logical in those steps.
    Ok, if I ever get the call, is it worth me just accepting in case HP do get off their backsides and figure out what to do? I'll still have 7 days to send it back, right?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-dj View Post
    Ok, if I ever get the call, is it worth me just accepting in case HP do get off their backsides and figure out what to do? I'll still have 7 days to send it back, right?

Yes, as one user kept quoting the distance selling act.

You have 7 days to return, if not just threaten them to trading standards.

Would this count as official?
    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en...0-5105303.html
    Last edited by raven3k; 08/26/2011 at 08:37 AM.

Ok thanks. Tbh I'd probably much rather sell to someone on here if the discount never come...personally I can't justify £300 on another phone but I know others here would like one, so there is an offer there if the deal never comes (and I get one).

No wonder HP failed with misdirection like this...and Apotheker was banging earlier this year about how he wanted HP to be as cool as Apple. Ha ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Riyaah View Post
    Did anyone go for the AZERTY Pre 3 from expansys.fr? As mentioned earlier it's 200€ and they seem to ship worldwide.

I've just ordered one to Sweden. Hopefully it'll be possible to remap the keyboard to QWERTY with a patch, otherwise I think I'll live with the french way. I can try to convince myself it's to improve my AZERTY-skills, which is at least remotely useful since there's a chance I'll end up working in France...

Had just made up my mind to get a Pre 3 when the discontinuation-bomb hit, and I decided to wait a few days and see what happened. Big misstake.
    I'm still debating if I could live with an AZERTY keyboard. Used to have a QWERTZ Pre-. But this one would be a little harder.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Interesting, do you know how long the page with that price has been live?
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansus View Post
    Interesting, do you know how long the page with that price has been live?
    less than a day. If you clicked at the ling smarthpones you ended up in Laptops page.
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts

Would this count as official?
    HP PreĀ³ series overview - HP Home & Home Office products
    That's more than likely me -

However, the other thing I mentioned is that I think to order from clear-box you have to set up a business account? If you do so, I *think* that this would be classified as a business to business transaction and you would not be covered by the DSR.