Page 29 of 64 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 39 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 1263
Like Tree68Likes
  1. tomhut's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #561  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    HP's 10am Update:


    STOCK AVAILABILITY UPDATE
    OUT OF STOCK!

    Update Thur 25th 9pm :
    No new orders can be taken for this Product at this time. No change expected to that position before 31st August.........
    Will post as soon as I get the call.
  2. #562  
    Anyone else tried their luck with KICKmobiles.com this morning?

    They listed the Pre 3 in stock (now it's listed as out of stock...), but paypal said there was an error with the sellers account. I tried again and choose the "request quotation" option, but I haven't heard anything so far.

    Wish I had an UK adress, but at least I live in Europe.
  3. uptherams's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #563  
    I'm still puzzled by the response. Why not just tell people if they do or don't have one arriving?

    I'm assuming it's something to do with price, either staying at full price (and they feel they should contact the customers as they said there'd be a drop and don't want lots of 7-day returns) or it's not dropping as much as expected. In that case perhaps they are working down the list in the order that orders were made as some people might cancel their orders subject to the new pricing and therefore they don't want to cancel the orders where they don't have enough stock (but might if enough people cancel because of the price). Even then though, why say that when you're contacted doesn't affect your order?

    Can people please post details of their contact from Palm Eurostore as they get it? I would have thought they'd have started contacting people from 9am onwards...
  4. #564  
    What's the point in all this speculation? Just wait and see.
  5. #565  
    I just got an email from the eurostore saying I need to wire transfer them 607.9 £ as my credit card wont go through, I ordered on Monday. The phone lines are dead, I assume they are not even manned, I have tried so many times to no avail.

    Yesterday though after being thoroughly frustrated about not getting in on the phone, I rang up Palm headquarters, where after much cajoling I was able to extract the mobile number of a certain brand manager at Palm EMEA, he wasnt very happy on recieving my call and said the receptionist should not have given the number out. After much persuasion on my part he finally accepted on me sending him an email about my order so he can chase up. While conversing he did let slip that the stck levels were so low, they had no clue on what to do about all the orders. I did ask him if they had oversold, to which he did not comment but you could judge that may be the case.

    Another titbit I recieved in my inquiry with HP, as they were the ones who suggested I call Palm HQ, was that HP did have stock of the touchpad but this was all distributed internally, I told him I secured two from Currys, he said that the DSG group had the highest stock apart from HP. Upon asking why wasnt the HP stock sold to the public, he said there was so much demand from the employees that the decision was made to do it internally. My point being that in the case of the Pre 3, there is not much stock in the open market, there could be a big possibility that Hp will plan to give it to their employees and feed us nonsense about our cards being rejected and the like. Or they could just keep the prices high and hope nobody buys it.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 08/26/2011 at 05:27 AM.
  6. rbyrne's Avatar
    Posts
    252 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
       #566  
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    What's the point in all this speculation? Just wait and see.
    Pre 3 has limited stock and with all the inormation from each person we are trying to get a head of the game best we can so we can have one
  7. d3ac0n's Avatar
    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #567  
    Quote Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
    I just got an email from the eurostore saying I need to wire transfer them 607.9 £ as my credit card wont go through, I ordered on Monday. The phone lines are dead, I assume they are not even manned, I have tried so many times to no avail.

    Yesterday though after being thoroughly frustrated about not getting in on the phone, I rang up Palm headquarters, where after much cajoling I was able to extract the mobile number of a certain brand manager at Palm EMEA, he wasnt very happy on recieving my call and said the receptionist should not have given the number out. After much persuasion on my part he finally accepted on me sending him an email about my order so he can chase up. While conversing he did let slip that the stck levels were so low, they had no clue on what to do about all the orders. I did ask him if they had oversold, to which he did not comment but you could judge that may be the case.

    Another titbit I recieved in my inquiry with HP, as they were the ones who suggested I call Palm HQ, was that HP did have stock of the touchpad but this was all distributed internally, I told him I secured two from Currys, he said that the DSG group had the highest stock apart from HP. Upon asking why wasnt the HP stock sold to the public, he said there was so much demand from the employees that the decision was made to do it internally. My point being that in the case of the Pre 3, there is not much stock in the open market, there could be a big possibility that Hp will plan to give it to their employees and feed us nonsense about our cards being rejected and the like. Or they could just keep the prices high and hope nobody buys it.
    So then why did they go with the firesale in Germany?

    If all stock ends up in CPW, I hope none buys it and they end up writing it off.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/26/2011 at 06:53 AM. Reason: removed name in quoted text
  8. #568  
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ac0n View Post
    So then why did they go with the firesale in Germany?

    If all stock ends up in CPW, I hope none buys it and they end up writing it off.
    I do not what happened in Germany but my research has shown that not a lot of units were offered, also if you enquire about the German release, many were saying that it was done too soon and in a haphazzard manner where nobody knew what was going on. In the Uk release they are taking their time waiting out.

    I spoke to mobiles.co.uk a subsidary of CPW, they say they have the pre3 on contract but not with next day delivery any more, which would only lead me to believe they are still not sure if they have the stock, although I dont know if that would be legal to do a credit check on someone and then say the product is discontinued.
  9. #569  
    Check out the Hp page on smartphones, as of yesterday it was taking you to the laptops page, just saw it now it says sold out.

    HP Pre3 Smartphone | Business Mobile Phones | HP® Official Site
  10. #570  
    Quote Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
    Yesterday though after being thoroughly frustrated about not getting in on the phone, I rang up Palm headquarters, where ...
    Who did you call exactly? Since I know that the Palm Eurostore is run by a retail company named "Luzerne Solutions" (based in Dublin) I wonder how anyone at "Palm Headquartes" is able to make a statement regarding Palm Eurostores stock situation.
  11. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    #571  
    Where did this rumour, that CPW has taken the bulk of all Pre3 stock, come from?
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  12. #572  
    Palm eurostore is nothing but an agent contracted by Palm to run its online sales. All stock and the likes are handled directly by Palm all Luerne do is take on the front end of business. He was able to comment because ultimately he or his department are the ones who give Luzerne the green light about what can and cant be sold.
  13. #573  
    News from german retailer Cyberport:
    Informationen: HP Smartphones
    Hier müssen wir die Kunden leider enttäuschen. Zunächst steht noch nicht fest, ob wir noch Ware erhalten (sowohl Veer als auch Pre3). Sollten wir doch noch tatsächlich Ware erhalten, dann allerdings nicht zu den von HP veröffentlichten Preisen (Veer für 59 Euro und Pre3 für 79 Euro), sondern zu den im Webshop zuletzt gesetzten Werten.
    CYBERBLOC - Inside Cyberport: HP Touchpad und Co: Preise, Stückzahlen und Verteilung

    In english: They don't know if they will be able to get more Veer or Pre3 units in the future but in that case they WILL NOT offer them for the firesale price (i.e. €59 for the Veer and €79 for the Pre3).
  14. #574  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    News from german retailer Cyberport:

    CYBERBLOC - Inside Cyberport: HP Touchpad und Co: Preise, Stückzahlen und Verteilung

    In english: They don't know if they will be able to get more Veer or Pre3 units in the future but in that case they WILL NOT offer them for the firesale price (i.e. €59 for the Veer and €79 for the Pre3).
    I see a pattern emerging.
  15. #575  
    Quote Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
    Palm eurostore is nothing but an agent contracted by Palm to run its online sales. All stock and the likes are handled directly by Palm all Luerne do is take on the front end of business. He was able to comment because ultimately he or his department are the ones who give Luzerne the green light about what can and cant be sold.
    Ah, ok. Thanks for this insight, althought these are quite disapointing news.

    As I post earlier, our fellow user PatBateman got the information (on monday morning via phone) that Palm Eurostore has got 120 units in stock. There is still hope that these units may be shipped to all customers who have already been billed (like Pat and me). Unfortunatly they charged us €367 (incl. shipping).
  16. #576  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    Ah, ok. Thanks for this insight, althought these are quite disapointing news.

    As I post earlier, our fellow user PatBateman got the information (on monday morning via phone) that Palm Eurostore has got 120 units in stock. There is still hope that these units may be shipped to all customers who have already been billed (like Pat and me). Unfortunatly they charged us €367 (incl. shipping).
    I also ordered on Monday and luckily my credit card declined so I dont have to worry about the billing, they have asked for wire transfer but I wont be doing that, I guess my order is gone, I was never going to pay full price for a discontinued product anyway, hope you guys are refunded.
  17. #577  
    Quote Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
    I also ordered on Monday and luckily my credit card declined so I dont have to worry about the billing, they have asked for wire transfer but I wont be doing that, I guess my order is gone, I was never going to pay full price for a discontinued product anyway, hope you guys are refunded.
    Really? I was charged just the £299 + shipping on Tuesday am.

    Still waiting for that promised email

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  18. #578  
    Quote Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
    I was never going to pay full price for a discontinued product anyway, hope you guys are refunded.
    Same here. But according to EU-law they have to refund us (when cancelling/sending back within 14 days). Worst thing that could happen is that we have to pay double shipping costs (i.e. ~€35).
  19. #579  
    Further to my recent post ref clever boxes and ebay that listing seems to have now been removed,umm strange. I wonder if these will be relisted on the clever boxes website.might be worth checking or going them a ring.
  20. #580  
    Hi guys, I work for TVI Design, the web development company who built Gum Mobile and I have just been in contact with them regarding the Pre 3. I have been told that they were sent stock from HP and it was subsequently recalled before they were able to sell any. He speculated that HP has made a deal with the major retailers in order to clear stock and that he unfortunately has no way of obtaining any stock.

    It's a shame, I had hoped having this inside contact would allow me to get a Pre 3 but it seems that they are nigh on impossible to get right now!

    Not sure whether any of this news is new or whether people were already aware of it but I thought I'd let you know anyway.

Posting Permissions