Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    I feel for you man! cancel the order quick! i hope you manage to get a full refund
    Well, let me be a lesson to the rest of you. I was so tired from missing out on other vanishing stock from other vendors, that I just did not read the listing enough. In fact, I didn't read it practically at all. (But something in the back of my mind knew it wasn't right.)

It's not cool when one let's this irrational "need" for a webOS device drive you to possibly light $200 on fire. (Well, I guess I would've gotten an unlocked Pre 1!) Anyway, I really did feel like I was going to yak; but that was part because of the money (my wife would kill!) and part because I just felt so stoopid.

Long way of saying: I immediately emailed KickMobiles and, despite it being after midnight in the UK, they got back to me, noted that I clearly misread it, but that they would refund the monies in the morning once back in the office. Sooo...phew!

I can now heartily recommend KickMobiles. Assuming they get 100 units of the Pre 3 (which I hope), I will purchase from them. And you all should too. Just tell them the ***** sent you.

But, no, really, they're very cool; they didn't have to do that, at all. So, you should feel comfortable dealing with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    Well, let me be a lesson to the rest of you. I was so tired from missing out on other vanishing stock from other vendors, that I just did not read the listing enough. In fact, I didn't read it practically at all. (But something in the back of my mind knew it wasn't right.)

It's not cool when one let's this irrational "need" for a webOS device drive you to possibly light $200 on fire. (Well, I guess I would've gotten an unlocked Pre 1!) Anyway, I really did feel like I was going to yak; but that was part because of the money (my wife would kill!) and part because I just felt so stoopid.

Long way of saying: I immediately emailed KickMobiles and, despite it being after midnight in the UK, they got back to me, noted that I clearly misread it, but that they would refund the monies in the morning once back in the office. Sooo...phew!

I can now heartily recommend KickMobiles. Assuming they get 100 units of the Pre 3 (which I hope), I will purchase from them. And you all should too. Just tell them the ***** sent you.

But, no, really, they're very cool; they didn't have to do that, at all. So, you should feel comfortable dealing with them.
    Sorry circadia , i didnt read it either. You could just do it via ebay and choose you paid by accident option via the help section.

You would get refunded instantly.
    No worries. Ultimately it's my obligation.

I guess I've never had to make that selection in eBay as I've never made such an obvious mistake as this (on ebay at least!). Where is that function?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post

Under the Distance Selling rules in the UK, they would have to refund you for any reason if you inform them of your intention to return the product within 7 days of receiving it, even if you opened the box and had a look at the device.
    Sorry I've been away from the forum recovering.

So let me get this straight. The germans already had their firesale for 79 euros, but in the UK carphone warehouse have picked up ALL the Pre 3s and are now selling them for a touch under 500 quid?

Is that the situation?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Yes its a terrible thing, I dont even think that the palm eurostore will be getting any more stock either.
    That's just ridiculous. Why would HP do themselves out of the money when there's clearly a high demand. Though I guess it's cheaper getting the lot shipped to one location.

Right then, while I was initially kicking myself about buying a Pre 2 a couple of weeks ago as I couldn't wait any longer, it's now starting to feel like a smart move! While I do want a Pre 3, I shan't be buying one at that inflated price. It's over a 100 quid more than the unlocked Pre 2 was on launch day. They'll have to slash the price to shift them, unless people have gone utterly crazy.
    do we have info about a fire sale in France? If we can't get the phone for cheap from the UK, let's try France...?
    Quote Originally Posted by perni4an4e View Post
    do we have info about a fire sale in France? If we can't get the phone for cheap from the UK, let's try France...?
    There have been no official price drops announced yet on Pre in France; also the ones from the local electronic shops are AZERTY keyboard, not QWERTY. I myself tried to buy from the Palm Eurostore to ship to France, but the order was ultimately cancelled.
    the expansys sites in france, luxembourg and switzerland are offering the AZERTY version for €199, and they ship worldwide.
    No details on stock levels but they do say delivery 'normally' in 1 day
    They also list the QWERTY model, but out of stock of course
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    Sorry I've been away from the forum recovering.

So let me get this straight. The germans already had their firesale for 79 euros, but in the UK carphone warehouse have picked up ALL the Pre 3s and are now selling them for a touch under 500 quid?

Is that the situation?
    The CPW knows that nobody paying 479 is going to actually pay that price - so either we see a new price today or around lunchtime people will start to phone up to cancel them. Failing that they will get the phone, wait 6 days and then simply return it.
    I don't live in France, but since it is unlikely to get the phone for cheap from UK, we can try France, but maybe we have to wait and see what happens...
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    The CPW knows that nobody paying 479 is going to actually pay that price.
    Are you sure? Maybe they have only 100-200 units in stock. I'm pretty confident that they are able to sell them at this price or with a contract.
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    Are you sure? Maybe they have only 100-200 units in stock. I'm pretty confident that they are able to sell them at this price or with a contract.
    selling them on contract is one thing as the phone is already free on contracts but only the delusional are going to pay 479 - if mine ships at that price, it will simply go back. Having said I am half expecting them go to cancel all orders and use up the stock via the contract route.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    selling them on contract is one thing as the phone is already free on contracts but only the delusional are going to pay 479 - if mine ships at that price, it will simply go back. Having said I am half expecting them go to cancel all orders and use up the stock via the contract route.
    I second that, but high prices for contract-free phones are not unusual when your main business is to sell contracts. And for doing that its insignificant whether the device is sim-locked or not. I just wanted to embody that there seem a very high demand out there with little supply at the moment so just free market economy take effect.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    I second that, but high prices for contract-free phones are not unusual when your main business is to sell contracts. And for doing that its insignificant whether the device is sim-locked or not. I just wanted to embody that there seem a very high demand out there with little supply at the moment so just free market economy take effect.
    Not sure what kind of rumour CPW got in the UK but based on their Swedish branch I wouldn't be surprised if they did this. If you can treat your staff so badly that you end up being investigated and put on national tv you sure could sell phones at 60% higher price...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Not sure what kind of rumour CPW got in the UK but based on their Swedish branch I wouldn't be surprised if they did this. If you can treat your staff so badly that you end up being investigated and put on national tv you sure could sell phones at 60% higher price...
    Actually I heard from them for the first time yesterday. According to my experience with similar companys here in germany (like Debitel, Mobilcom etc.) this seems to be a quite usual behavior for that kind of business (although I don't know the situation in sweden).
    Nice UPS man just delivered my Pre3 from Cleverboxes.

Yippeeeeee

Richard

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    HP's 10am Update:

STOCK AVAILABILITY UPDATE
    OUT OF STOCK!

Update Thur 25th 9pm :
    No new orders can be taken for this Product at this time. No change expected to that position before 31st August

Next Update:
    Customers who have an existing order with us will be contacted directly by our customer service team on Friday 26th in relation to the status of their order. We will contact you - please can we ask you to be patient and await contact by us. Please do not ring or email us as this will only further delay the process. Timing of contact will not in any way affect the status of your order.

We, at Palm Eurostore, are continuing to pursue all options to try to obtain Pre3 product. We do not, however, expect to have any further information in this respect before Wed 31st Aug. Any new information will appear here first.

Customer Service staff will not have any further information - it will be communicated directly here on this page. Thank you for your continued patience.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    STOCK AVAILABILITY UPDATE
    OUT OF STOCK!

Update Thur 25th 9pm :
    No new orders can be taken for this Product at this time. No change expected to that position before 31st August

Next Update:
    Customers who have an existing order with us will be contacted directly by our customer service team on Friday 26th in relation to the status of their order. We will contact you - please can we ask you to be patient and await contact by us. Please do not ring or email us as this will only further delay the process. Timing of contact will not in any way affect the status of your order.

We, at Palm Eurostore, are continuing to pursue all options to try to obtain Pre3 product. We do not, however, expect to have any further information in this respect before Wed 31st Aug. Any new information will appear here first.

Customer Service staff will not have any further information - it will be communicated directly here on this page. Thank you for your continued patience.
    Not really the news we were hoping for but still ambiguous!